Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

Someone posted this in the 2016 thread, but I thought I'd respond to it in the 2017 thread where it belongs. Sorry about the double post, hopefully the other post gets moved in here between my posts.

Action Macy, Aaron, Axl & Lance are they sets or something similar to the ultimates?

My guess is constraction (if I'm being pessimistic).

My optimistic guess is something more like the Ultimates, but it sounds like there's some sort of play feature. I wonder if these are the sets where they have the space suits we've been hearing about, and other sets will have them in a similar style to the normal sets.

Here's a list of Nexo Knights sets for next year:

They now all have big spacesuits

70363 Action Macy

70364 Action Aaron

70365 Action Axl

70366 Action Lance

70347 bike from the Kings soldiers 9.99

70348 lances cruiser 19.99

70349 ruinas vehicle 19.99

70351 Clays blaster-jet 49.99

70352 Jestros monstrous monster.vehicle 99.99

Triple-Rocker 32,99 this is an stone eating monster

What do you guys think? Action could be ultimates or a whole new concept! It sounds very interesting!

Thanks for the set list/names. I'm surprised that this wave is so small given that Nexo Knights is supposed to be getting a big push as a BB theme. Set names (if those names are correct) don't really give anything away other than there appears to be one impulse set, 2 small sets, 2 medium sets and 1 large set. I'm guessing the list is incomplete and will be rounded out by another couple of sets the same way as the first wave of sets where the library and large lava monster sets were revealed a month after the initial list leaked.

I'm surprised that this wave is so small given that Nexo Knights is supposed to be getting a big push as a BB theme.

Maybe Nexo Knights is not performing to expectations?

The episode "The Maze of Amazement".

You mean this one? I don't think it'll be in a set, it was only a mirage in a magic maze.

29cml1j.jpg

Maybe monstrox has an important role for this next wave of sets?

There's a very deceptive cliche that is present in both reading media, and the TV show that point out that Monstrux is very much important to this year's sets (2016).

In fact, if the cliche is implying what it seems, we already have Monstrux in set form...

You mean this one? I don't think it'll be in a set, it was only a mirage in a magic maze.

*snip*

I mean technically, it already has. It's based on the mold used for Geolix and Tremorox in Power Miners.

Edited by Penkid11

So it's probably a reference to the power miner, just like there are a lot of other references in the tv show, like Ninjago, the black knight from monty python, marty mcfly / micheal fox, and probably a lot more i didn't get.

Thanks for the set list/names. I'm surprised that this wave is so small given that Nexo Knights is supposed to be getting a big push as a BB theme.

Summer 2016

5 Retail Sets

1 Retail Exclusive

4 Ultimate Sets

Total: 10

Winter 2017

5 Retail Sets

1 Retail Exclusive

4 Action Sets

Total: 10

As you can see, the last two waves of Nexo Knights have been virtually identical, and I suspect more sets/polybags will be revealed soon, making it bigger than Summer 2016.

When the first set list leaked last August, there were only six regular January sets listed. We ended up with eleven. :shrug_oh_well:

There has to be some sort of catch with these Rock Monsters. Wonder what it could be.

I wonder if the 'Nexo Power' colour will stay trans-orange, or if they will change it to another trans colour to represent an "upgrade". That could be quite a cool way to distinguish between years as well.

Maybe Nexo Knights is not performing to expectations?

*shrugs* Dunno. I don't think Lego has commented on how the line is doing. TLG likely had at least 4 waves (2 years) of sets already in the can (i.e. prototypes and moulds done). Even if it was doing badly, however many sets they designed for this wave will be the number that they release.

As you can see, the last two waves of Nexo Knights have been virtually identical, and I suspect more sets/polybags will be revealed soon, making it bigger than Summer 2016.

When the first set list leaked last August, there were only six regular January sets listed. We ended up with eleven. :shrug_oh_well:

Yup. And the summer wave was kind of small compared to Wave 1. I mentioned that it's likely that a few more sets will be revealed as time goes on. Also due to the fact that there are some "holes" in the set lineup. I just noticed that set 70350 is missing (maybe that's "Triple Rocker"?) and there should be a set that slots in price-wise between Clay's Jet and Jestro's Vehicle.

Edited by TPLSTER21

Something I noticed about the first wave of the "Ultimate Sets". That only Clay & Arron have not gone on any clearance, so I am wondering if those two were selling better that the other four sets.

As for the "rock monsters": Infernox captures the Queen should tell you something if you know any history about LEGO. (Even it is just an Easter egg.)

Yup. And the summer wave was kind of small compared to Wave 1. I mentioned that it's likely that a few more sets will be revealed as time goes on. Also due to the fact that there are some "holes" in the set lineup. I just noticed that set 70350 is missing (maybe that's "Triple Rocker"?) and there should be a set that slots in price-wise between Clay's Jet and Jestro's Vehicle.

Number of sets was smaller, yes, but total price was about the same i think.

I've been thinking about it, the rock monsters don't seem like they would last that long. Maybe just for the one wave and something else for the summer wave. If they are going to space, they might be going up against meteors. Talking meteors, imagine that.

If they are going to space, they might be going up against meteors. Talking meteors, imagine that.

Considering everything else in the Nexo Knights universe, I wouldn't be surprised.

I've been thinking about it, the rock monsters don't seem like they would last that long. Maybe just for the one wave and something else for the summer wave. If they are going to space, they might be going up against meteors. Talking meteors, imagine that.

That's what I figured, Chima did the same thing in 2014. I suspect that from here on out each villain faction will get one wave.

Winter 2017: Rock Monsters

Summer 2017: New faction

Winter 2018: New faction #2

Summer 2018: New faction #3 (Final boss villains)

Well, considering they use magic, why not? Some kind of meteor spell could do the trick.

That's what I figured, Chima did the same thing in 2014. I suspect that from here on out each villain faction will get one wave.

That sounds good to me, i really hope there will be pirate/sea monsters, as well as forest/swamp monsters.

Yeah, I like the sound of that. 2018 might be the end of nexo knights.

Edited by amazingbricks

Yeah, I like the sound of that. 2018 might be the end of nexo knights.

That's what I figure as well, unless it sells well enough to continue, which is possible but not likely.

Unless Nexo Knights has far exceeded expectations (which I haven't seen anything to indicate). I imagine they'll just stick with a three-year plan. Chima managed to last three years, but I don't think it was such a resounding success that they'd lengthen their forecast for this theme. Also, if Nexo Knights is in fact being treated as the current iteration of Castle, Castle has been on a three-year renewal cycle for years now.

We might get some more insight into how Nexo Knights is performing next month when the the LEGO Group's interim report is released. Overall, though, there's a lot of potential the theme could explore in three years. I certainly don't see it becoming evergreen like Ninjago did. Ninjago was an extraordinary case.

Unless Nexo Knights has far exceeded expectations (which I haven't seen anything to indicate). I imagine they'll just stick with a three-year plan. Chima managed to last three years, but I don't think it was such a resounding success that they'd lengthen their forecast for this theme. Also, if Nexo Knights is in fact being treated as the current iteration of Castle, Castle has been on a three-year renewal cycle for years now.

We might get some more insight into how Nexo Knights is performing next month when the the LEGO Group's interim report is released. Overall, though, there's a lot of potential the theme could explore in three years. I certainly don't see it becoming evergreen like Ninjago did. Ninjago was an extraordinary case.

Well, Ninjago only really took off in its second year (resulting in LEGO being unready to continue it and the gap necessitating the Rebooted series), so I'd wait until then to make my prediction, to be honest.

Well, Ninjago only really took off in its second year (resulting in LEGO being unready to continue it and the gap necessitating the Rebooted series), so I'd wait until then to make my prediction, to be honest.

Yeah, I think year 2 is the make or break year. Chima started having a lot of clearance stock that year.

Yeah, I think year 2 is the make or break year. Chima started having a lot of clearance stock that year.

Definitely the defining year. Well, if nexo ends earlier than expected, a new castle theme is expected.

Well, if nexo ends earlier than expected, a new castle theme is expected.

Are you basing this on anything?

I can already imagine hoards of "Real Castle" fans attacking shelves of NK sets with crowbars. :grin: