Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

I like Runia (her face is very scary I have to say) but her set is kinda meh... 

It could have been better

I think I like the stone monsters better, but the sets from the second wave are subpar compared with the first one.

9 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I like Runia (her face is very scary I have to say) but her set is kinda meh... 

It could have been better

I think I like the stone monsters better, but the sets from the second wave are subpar compared with the first one.

Personally Ruina's set is one of the ones that appeals to me, based on both the function and the overall look (not to mention the fantastic fig selection).

It does have an issue that a lot of the new sets have, though, that being using that smooth 4x4 Technic turbine piece as wheels. I'm not fond of that choice in next year's sets, since it's much less chunky and textured than the wheels I'd gotten used to seeing in Nexo Knights.

One of the Targets ins my area had the combo packs so picked up a few. Of course after leaving the store it occurred to me that I should have waited and picked some up in January at the LEGO store so I could also pick up the Nexo promotion. Oh well. 

On on another note is there any trading thread set up to do some wheeling and dealing?

On 20 декабря 2016 г. at 5:56 AM, Boogly22238 said:

I know the game is not the show or the sets, but it did release some clips of the next season.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/nexo-knights/images/3/33/StoneMonstersTV.png/revision/latest?cb=20161220023106

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/nexo-knights/images/3/37/ElectroJestroTV.png/revision/latest?cb=20161220023223

Electro Jestro looks a lot more menacing than Lava Jestro..

I still don't get why Monstrox needs Jestro as his puppet. But I guess they need that bad guy minifigure to sell  big sets.

4 minutes ago, NotMegalodon said:

Probably because he still doesn't have hands... So to do some of the basic bad-guy stuff, he needs a henchman.

Perhaps , but I hope in next wave we will have another main bad guy, cause that Jestro is getting tired real fast. 

I've got a mail today that the new sets are available in Germany today, and I also just learned that Jestro's Headquarters' German name (which was most likely changed because the Headquarters Pun wouldn't work in German) also works in English and means "Jestro's Monstrous Monster-Mobile (MoMoMo)", which is glorious.

Ill be getting 6 of the 7  main sets January 4th , I actually went to my local smyths to see if the new sets were in but no and I cant see toys r us having them in too so I spend my money on some sets that are going to be retired soon

2 hours ago, ZORK64 said:

I've got a mail today that the new sets are available in Germany today, and I also just learned that Jestro's Headquarters' German name (which was most likely changed because the Headquarters Pun wouldn't work in German) also works in English and means "Jestro's Monstrous Monster-Mobile (MoMoMo)", which is glorious.

I never realized headquarters was a pun on that name until now.

Spotted the new sets at my Local Toys R us tonight. I wish I hadn't spent so much lately. I was forced to limit myself to Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster and Clay and Macy's battle suits.  I  added them to the pile of sets I still need to build. 

The app and TV trailers have revealed a new character, General Garg, who is presumably going to appear in the 2HY 2017 summer wave of sets. I really like his aesthetic - the black works very nicely!

2017 2HY NK General Garg2017 2HY NK General Garg

2 hours ago, LegoRomania said:

So this means no forest or sea monsters for the summer :,(

No, this doesn't mean that, but it does make it more likely that it turns out like that; nothing is confirmed.

That said, similarly to Moltor, I think General Garg looks amazing in black. I would be very pleased to get him in the summer wave!  

He looks great! Have you been able to find any other summer monsters from the app? I noticed that in some of the new trailers there are gargoyles with Ash Attacker helmets that have not shown up in the sets yet, as well as two types of scurriers and some sand blue colored monsters. I assume some of them will show up in the summer.

Still from video seems to show 3 summer set silhouettes!  The first one looks like it may be an osprey-like helicopter/vtol. The middle one's a buggy, the last one might be dragon-ish?!

Edited by NotMegalodon

I was also going to say that Jangbricks has a couple of reviews up of the new Nexo line as well - Jestro's Headquarters and Lance's Twin Jouster. Both look pretty cool. I like the direction of combining parts and pieces from other sets to enhance the models (as they are doing with the Batman sets) and seeing these sets fully built they are growing on me a bit but they are still low on my priority for the new wave. It will be interesting to see what they might do for a summer release - all bad guys with lots of forbidden powers? That would be sweet.

From Just2good's review I hadn't noticed before that his arm armor mimics his helmet. I agree that it might have been better to have the figures popping out a bit like Axl's but oh well. That is an easy customization I think.

@just2good Really like your reviews and your list videos. I see that a few Nexo Knight sets have made it on to the list for most anticipated 2017 (as did a few 2016 sets last year) and was wondering if you ever thought about revisiting those lists to see of those most anticipated sets how many lived up to your expectations and would their rankings change at all? I know from last year you had a few Nexo sets on your most anticipated but you also lost interest in the line pretty quick.

The shear mass of barely altered grey that is Jestro's Headquarters is really turning me off of it. I normally love those big combiner HQ vehicles but that grey with just a few sparse touches of purple is just boring. 

so in the uk it seems Aaron's stone destroyer and lance v lightning are the only ones not available yet will they be coming around march or something

@OC_Architect I have thought of this idea before but it would require a lot of effort and I wasn't sure there was a demand for it. Maybe I'll do that some time.

4 hours ago, TheGlynreaper said:

so in the uk it seems Aaron's stone destroyer and lance v lightning are the only ones not available yet will they be coming around march or something

They're store exclusives. Lance vs Lightning is out at Toys R Us.

Edited by kaiju