sam89

2008 Mars Mission sets

'Ello,

I have a question, and I guess this is the best topic to ask...

If anyone has the MM impulse with the astronaut and the little robot, could he/she tell me what face the astronaut has ? I was kinda wondering in order to decide wether to buy it or not :-)

Thnx in advance *y*

There's a handy little tool out there called bricklink.com where you can check the inventory of LEGO sets...

(clicking the word inventory will not only answer your question, but open you up to a whole new world of getting your LEGO questions answered! X-O It's true.)

Ah right, thank you :-$

*smacks himself on the forehead*

Edit: Ah, that's exactly the one... thanks very much Hinckley :-) *y*

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Ah right, thank you :-$

*smacks himself on the forehead*

Edit: Ah, that's exactly the one... thanks very much Hinckley :-) *y*

No problem. Glad I could help even if it is in my usual smartass way. :-$

I'm a long-term fan of MM, having collected many of the must-haves in the first wave, and I'll fight for MM to the end- regardless I've gotta say the second wave is much better, at least from a functionality standpoint. I wish they were releasing more than 3 sets, but I'll definitely be getting the big dropship and the tank.

Note to all members:

We've been asked to remove the major 2008 MM sets for the moment (so not the impulse sets and the MM truck), so no panick if you can't find the pics in this thread anymore. We'll get them back up when it's ok again...

Not sure if this has been spotted yet, but here goes:

5619.jpg

:-$ , not sure if thats new, but i couldn't find it anywhere. Looks like a promo or a larger impulse set like the skellie one.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I think that's the Crystal Hawk, the later Impulse set.

~Peace

I think that's the Crystal Hawk, the later Impulse set.

~Peace

Thats what I thought, has it been posted before? Last time this happened I posted a prelim version of the Troll Warrior :-$

Rats, I had hoped the Crystal Hawk would have been some cool alien fighter rather than a lazy impulse set.

Thats what I thought, has it been posted before? Last time this happened I posted a prelim version of the Troll Warrior :-$

I think we have seen it before, but I don't think it was in this thread. For some reason, it was never posted here (IIRC).

I think we have seen it before, but I don't think it was in this thread. For some reason, it was never posted here (IIRC).

Thanks, well I guess that half counts as a find :-/

Alien Commander?

aliencom.png

New arms. The box pic shows a normal alien and this one.

My kids and I are really enjoying the Mar Mission series. i have just about all of wave 1 and plan to get the rest. I mostly get the sets for the martians but the Earth vehicles are nice to.

Although it would be cool if Lego did a War of the worlds series. *y*

If anyone cares I whipped up a comparison pick to get my point over about lego going back to it's space roots. Look at the similarities, in these sets, and even the classic space logo to mars mission.

comparison.jpg

If anyone cares I whipped up a comparison pick to get my point over about lego going back to it's space roots. Look at the similarities, in these sets, and even the classic space logo to mars mission.

comparison.jpg

good point! i think we've all been thinking about this, but it's great to actually see them together.

no doubt in my mind that lego is trying to at least revive the spirit of the older subthemes. they're just not there yet. What i'm missing, honestly, is a concept in which all the MM sets have a place. I mean, M:Tron and Ice-planet where clearly set in space, they had clear functions (M:tron being cargo movers; ice planet where astronautes on an icy planet). it was all more defined and sophisticated.... I still don't know what MM is really all about...

The rhino really is a great 6 wheeler, i just don't think it has the story telling capacity of the old M:tron set. Basically, the rhino is a platform for ships, that's it. the m:tron truck was sooo much more...

the big ice planet ship is actually a great design. hope the new one is at least as good... At least it looks like it has great potential

Edited by snefroe

the big ice planet ship is actually a great design. hope the new one is at least as good... At least it looks like it has great potential

That new ship looks indeed very interesting. It seems like the new designs for that line

The front 2 cockpits and the covering in the middle holds alot of resemblance - aswell as the back portion both contain a system of unloading a mini vehicle, and have quite large wings on both. Good enough for me! ;-)

Well, these are amazing! I am buying them all! *wub*

I like the Mars sets, but I have to admit I'm looking forward to the next Space theme, whatever that is. I hope it's something more like Classic, Futuron, Space Police, Blacktron, Ice Planet, etc.