Someone didn't do his homework, when they had foto-shooting session for the B-model ... the hoses were installed wrong ...

volvo_l30g.jpg

Is it just me or can we spot a 4L liftarm with round holes at the ends? (on the grabler, just right at the mini cylinder)

That is a 5L liftarm thick behind a bent 7x3 liftarm with a axle with stop at the end

Probably, was too good to be true. But that IS a useful piece they should make :thumbup:

Edited by GoldVillage

But that IS a useful piece they should make :thumbup:

I second this

I have no idea how they will fit power functions inside of this! the guy said in the video that the phnumatics can be upgraded using power functions, which implies that the hand pump behind the cabin will be bypassed somehow.

Also it makes sense that the cabin would be motorised because most worm gear mechanisms are if the Power functions addon is available.so I am not sure which will be motorised, pump or cabin.

The steering axle goes right through the lower body so a battery box would only block that off and make it impossible to comopactly put a steering shaft through it.

The upper back is full of three phnumatic switches and tubes, and the middle is full of tubes and a manual pump, and room for the cabin gear train.

Funny that the guy forgot to mention that the superstructure can rotate manually.

It's a complete mytery how they included PF support in there. But this set is amazing for its size - exactually what technic should do, be technicAL , and the ability to be compact.

Edited by SNIPE

Yeah, i was thinking about that too. Only the motor can fit in the space next to the switches so the batterybox will most likely fit in the base between the wheels, it seems to have a wheelbase of approx 19 holes and it should be enough room under the steering axle, will be very close to the floor tho...

Right now the biggest mystery is why and how the box says 1166 pieces :sceptic:

Edited by GoldVillage

Right now the biggest mystery is why and how the box says 1166 pieces :sceptic:

Maybe because that is how many pieces are in the box?

Maybe because that is how many pieces are in the box?

So they including approx 400-500 extra pieces just for playing with? how nice!

Edited by GoldVillage

That would be nice. I am guessing it uses a lot of small pieces and that is why the count is so high.

That would be nice. I am guessing it uses a lot of small pieces and that is why the count is so high.

I can tell you havent done much of own larger moc's if you believe this excavator containis any where near 1166 pieces :sceptic:

I can tell you havent done much of own larger moc's if you believe this excavator containis any where near 1166 pieces :sceptic:

Can you? I have done large MOC's, but not to the extent that others on here have and I don't ever count the pieces. I have seen a trend where every new lego set is the same size but contains more pieces then the previous one. And usually the easiest answer is the correct one, How many times has lego put a number on the box that isn't some what close?

I'm not surprised by the 1166 parts. My little Snowblowerhad 860. My TGShad 993.

TY alot now im even more confused :tongue: sure the snowblower have a diff, engine, many gears, and some chainlinks but still, i would had never guess it contained 860 pieces.

very nice models btw!

Can you? I have done large MOC's, but not to the extent that others on here have and I don't ever count the pieces. I have seen a trend where every new lego set is the same size but contains more pieces then the previous one. And usually the easiest answer is the correct one, How many times has lego put a number on the box that isn't some what close?

Sry, no i cant. But can you walk me through the 1166 plz. Arm and grabler has about just over 100 pcs, the cab is dense and with its function it will have about 150 maybe even 200.Outriggers and plow about 100 together (just manually, not geared) and the chassi doesnt support any functions besides the steering... doubt it contains more than 100. The hood is left, and it needs to be open inside because of pneumatic switches and hosing, lets say 100 pieces even if it looks alot less.

About 600 + some more hidden parts and pins, lets add extra 100. Thats 700 :sceptic:

I do believe it can be 1166 pieces, a lot will be pins, bushings and small connectors.

But what I don't understand is why everyone is so obsessed with piececount of sets.

If it looks good, has great functions and playability, who cares how many pieces it has.

I'm building Sandman's Actros, it has about 4000 pieces, I only know because off the partslist I need to get all the parts.

It is an in my opinion cook old skool model.

But I couldn't care less if it only had 2500 pieces, if it works and looks good, it's fine with me.

I do believe it can be 1166 pieces, a lot will be pins, bushings and small connectors.

But what I don't understand is why everyone is so obsessed with piececount of sets.

If it looks good, has great functions and playability, who cares how many pieces it has.

I'm building Sandman's Actros, it has about 4000 pieces, I only know because off the partslist I need to get all the parts.

It is an in my opinion cook old skool model.

But I couldn't care less if it only had 2500 pieces, if it works and looks good, it's fine with me.

There is something appealing about having many parts - because you can use the parts for other things, and because it looks more technical and well built.

However theres also advantages to keeping the parts count down (cost, less chance of failiure, more free pin/axle holes)

I don' t understand why Lego choose black color instead of dark grey in Volvo models!

And I' d loved to have the pneumatics in black color, I think it' s a neutral color more suitable for many models (also real yellow machines like Cat, New Holland, Jcb, ..., have black cilinders)

From what I've seen, most cylinders tend to be either yellow/orange or dark gray. Not saying black do not exist, but I have not seen any.

Hello Everyone!

I think the battery box placed perfectly (just check the pics below)! I wanted the EW160E to be a flagship, but this also looks really nice, and I cant wait to buy it.;)

In my opinion this set is not so small, just next to the other sets from the second half of 2016 it looks small, so 1166 pieces looks fine for me.

I also like that a licence set has manual pump! I am just a bit disappointed because of the arms head is a two piece grabber instead of a one piece spade boom. (or how to call them in English) :) I will make a spade boom anyway so its not a big problem.:) Its an amazing set, imo the best from this year.

The back of the box:

volvo1.png

volvo2.png

My first post, just registered to post the pics from the back of the box, but I have been here for about half a year.:) I was a huge LEGO fan as a kid, and recently again got into it.:) I just bought last year the 42042, 8110, 42030 and 42043 sets from the Technic line and they are all amazing. :)

347° superstructure rotation... it's not a bug, it's a feature! :classic:

I still think, it will be a great set.

Wow it has working lights too!.

You were right indeed about where the battery box goes.

Edited by SNIPE

... I have seen a trend where every new lego set is the same size but contains more pieces then the previous one ...

I've made the same observation a while back. My belief is that is plain marketing to 'up' the parts count. Many of the new sets (be it technic or else) contain way too many tiny pieces (that are easily lost), and those are not 'friendly' for grown-up men.

I bet its limited to less than 1 full rotation so the light and motor cables can't get twisted too much by having several rotations, since the battery box does not rotate but the motor/lights cannot.

Looks like the cables go through the turntable, but still.

Edited by SNIPE

How is it possible that the battery box doesn't interfere with the HOG steering?

The steering axle might not be linear, it could be jumped up to a sub axle by adding gears, this would also allow for different torque and speed for turning the wheels. Doing this would route the drive for steering around the battery box.