In 2009 we got no RC, 2010 RC, 2011 no RC, 2012 RC, 2013 no RC, 2014 RC, 2015 no RC, so there might be a surprise waiting for us in 2016...?

And what about the car with an engine inside the box and in option adding power functions maybe in place of the engine?

Hi all,

I also kinda hope there won't be power functions for features like opening hood/door etc, but it still bugs me what will be betwen the seats and the engine. It seems to have a very big area, I think it would be a shame if it was left there kinda empty. What if there is some sort of pneumatic compressor system (with an air tank) with which one would be able to adjust the height of the chassis or maybe the spolier angle etc? Very hypothetic i know, but that would be very new and awesome for a supercar.

The real car has that empty space.

The real car has that empty space.

Of course, what I meant was the space from the bottom up till the large black panel between the rear wheels - naturally there's the differential and the suspension to take some space, but the overall width of that area could hold some other stuff too - but I may be overthinking...

Of course, what I meant was the space from the bottom up till the large black panel between the rear wheels - naturally there's the differential and the suspension to take some space, but the overall width of that area could hold some other stuff too - but I may be overthinking...

I suppose this is where the gearbox goes. I still hope for PF but so far I've seen no proof.

I suppose this is where the gearbox goes. I still hope for PF but so far I've seen no proof.

There is the gearbox in the real car.

I'm surprised that there's been ZERO news on Technic out of the NY Toy Fair. All the other lines, yes, but not Technic.

I'm surprised that there's been ZERO news on Technic out of the NY Toy Fair. All the other lines, yes, but not Technic.

I'm not.. Americans are more interested and excited in a new updated variation of a Han Solo minifigure than they are in a large Technic set.. :laugh:

I'm not.. Most Americans are more interested and excited in a new updated variation of a Han Solo minifigure than they are in a large Technic set.. :laugh:

Corrected that for you.

I'm sure more of us are interested in technic than you think, just the guys at the toy fair weren't.

LOL.. Yeah, there are still a few of us out there.. :wink:

+1 I am American and no stores but Toys R Us carry technic in stores :cry_sad::cry3:

Target stores have been carrying several Technic sets for the past year. Over Christmas I saw 42039 in one store in Minneapolis. Our local store currently keeps 42040, 42037, 42036, 42032, and 42031 on the shelves..

I'm not.. Americans are more interested and excited in a new updated variation of a Han Solo minifigure than they are in a large Technic set.. :laugh:

I will never understand this :laugh:

I'm sure more of us are interested in technic than you think, just the guys at the toy fair weren't.

I don't know.. I've been pretty heavily involved in Technic for quite some time and I have seen first hand how fellow AFOL embrace the theme.. I definitely feel like an outcast when I do shows...

A far as the Toy Fair show, It's possible that there wasn't even any Technic on display, which wouldn't surprise me.. I checked some other places that reviewed the NY show and they also had pics of every Lego set and theme on display and nothing was mentioned about Technic..

I don't know.. I've been pretty heavily involved in Technic for quite some time and I have seen first hand how fellow AFOL embrace the theme.. I definitely feel like an outcast when I do shows...

A far as the Toy Fair show, It's possible that there wasn't even any Technic on display, which wouldn't surprise me.. I checked some other places that reviewed the NY show and they also had pics of every Lego set and theme on display and nothing was mentioned about Technic..

What is it with Americans and Technic ? I have only met two other builders that I know locally, one of them has an interest in NXT and regular MOCs, the other Bionicle. Is it too complex/time involving for them? As I love the mechanical aspects of the technic line, but like the different techniques for shaping available with the regular studded system. It could be a lack of interest in STEM concepts? This is my perspective from Minnesota, it may differ in other states.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

t could be a lack of interest in STEM concepts?

I've had this discussion with a few other system builders who were somewhat into Technic and this is exactly what we felt the issue was.. I know the U.S. is ranked way below all of the Asian and European countries..

This may have been covered on this forum already, so sorry if repeating:

Is it possible this set could have working front and rear lights - do you think there would be enough space to hide some batteries and all the cables for that based on now-available photos?

What is it with Americans and Technic ? I have only met two other builders that I know locally, one of them has an interest in NXT and regular MOCs, the other Bionicle. Is it too complex/time involving for them? As I love the mechanical aspects of the technic line, but like the different techniques for shaping available with the regular studded system. It could be a lack of interest in STEM concepts? This is my perspective from Minnesota, it may differ in other states.

One reason IMO is that kids nowadays get strongly used to enticing advertising, easy entertainment, “smart” electronics, slack education, etc. resulting in some sort of laziness or less creativity. Industry is breeding their obedient flock of consumers. Despite of the high availability of Technic sets including the big ones in almost every toy store and big supermarket in general I have almost the same impression as for Germany. I get to know like-minded people mainly through the internet. NXT sometimes is used mandatory in universities and this way some AFOLs are getting (re-)connected to Lego. We can say for sure that a dramatic lack of interest in STEM can be observed. Between 2005 and 2010 the proportion of employed STEM academics aged above 55 years increased by 34,1% in the German economy (Wikipedia).

Back to the topic: the Porsche set is supposed to be a very good exhibit to get teenagers or adults back to Lego Technic. Very sad though that it´s not part of the toy fair in US, I really can´t understand that…

+1 I am American and no stores but Toys R Us carry technic in stores :cry_sad::cry3:

I have seen it at both Barnes & Noble and Target!