Sign in to follow this  
droomangroup

Simpsons House Modular [MOC]

Hey all,

Just wanted to share my attempt at a Simpson's House modular. After butchering my original Simpson's house for parts for some microscale Simpsons's modulars I made, I decided to rebuild the house with the leftover parts (along with some PAB cups of tan bricks). Aside from the tan bricks from PAB the only bricklinking I had to do was for some more brown/flesh doors, thankfully tons of sellers parted these out, so it wasn't hard to find.

I used mission style San Francisco row houses as my inspiration and overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

I know this is based off a licensed theme, but I figured you guys appreciate modulars more :)

Enjoy...

5pZns8Eh.jpg

EAmQkJfh.jpg

mgGS3Blh.jpg

Aen1iGfh.jpg

znzzkwch.jpg

First Floor...

wpKeH1Lh.jpg

EvdKgcAh.jpg

dNo22oIh.jpg

Second Floor...

0KOqwysh.jpg

Mph5ghJh.jpg

zLXZR0Rh.jpg

ir4Jn7Xh.jpg

Third Floor...

ZBkdfATh.jpg

mvsazgih.jpg

PveSfqIh.jpg

A fun build. And yeah, thats what i would imagine my friendly Simpson neighborhood building to look like.

Lovely interior, and i also like the two window ( balcons? ) a lot. :classic:

Amazing interior!

ha, thanks. I feel like most of that credit should go to the original set, but it was certainly a challenge to fit it all in.

A fun build. And yeah, thats what i would imagine my friendly Simpson neighborhood building to look like.

Lovely interior, and i also like the two window ( balcons? ) a lot. :classic:

Oh my.. brilliant design. Do you have any pictures of the roof top? Are there any secret hiding places for Bart on top? :wink:

Oh my.. brilliant design. Do you have any pictures of the roof top? Are there any secret hiding places for Bart on top? :wink:

ha, thanks, yeah there's no secret hiding places for Bart or Hugo :)

Superb MOC! I really like color sheme and furniture design, it's great!

thanks, although the interior colors and furniture i can't take much credit on, i pretty much just used what was in the original set along with a few mods to make them fit a smaller space.

This is seriously cool!

thx :)

looks great and i bet it is more ''stable'' than the original

i'm getting fed up with the roof falling off and all the interior moving when it's very slightly ''nudged'' lol

i need this doing

Expertly executed! When I clicked on this thread, I was thinking, "there's no good way to make that house modular..."

But I was wrong...I feel like if you changed the ugly colored doors to something darker that this building would fit in pretty well on the modular block...although it's still too nice looking to be a halfway house...

Good work!

I'm blown away by this!! It's perfectly executed. I'd love to have the instructions to convert mine!

Also, you mentioned PAB for extra tan bricks. Excuse my ignorance, but what is PAB?

I'm so excited about this!! It's going to be my new project to do something similar (or the same if you have pdf or lxf files). :) Thanks for posting!

is there any pdf or lxf files for this mod ??

I'm blown away by this!! It's perfectly executed. I'd love to have the instructions to convert mine!

Also, you mentioned PAB for extra tan bricks. Excuse my ignorance, but what is PAB?

I'm so excited about this!! It's going to be my new project to do something similar (or the same if you have pdf or lxf files). :) Thanks for posting!

Thanks guys!

I'm sorry to say there is no LXF of this, I just built by hand.

Also, PAB is pick-a-brick, it's the bins of bricks at Lego stores you can buy in bulk. I found the tan bricks at one by chance but availability of bricks is always changing at those.