8BrickMario

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 16 Rumors and Discussion

What the heck?! I am hoping they give some sort of official release date. I had planned to have the money for a full set by September and get the day off so I could go get them. Now I have to hope the TRU near my work has them or that I can get them after work sometime at my local Lego Store and once again I get to deal with just getting this set in pieces which was a pain with S15... I am actually kinda mad at Lego for just dropping this on us with no word what so ever...

It's good to see that Series 16 is out in stores so early, though it's interesting that they are pushing up the release so the Disney figures will be sold at the same time as the D2C castle. I'm just wondering how this will affect stores that aren't selling the castle...

Based on the new pictures, I'm intrigued. There are a lot of amazing figures and I'll be getting at least one of each. Can't wait to see the details and box distribution in a proper review, which seems like it would happen soon...

My main problem with this whole thing is stock. Disney sold out FAST and honestly I can't help but wonder how much of that stock went to scalpers. I never got 1 figure because I couldn't get them at the right time(and haven't really wanted to since then just out of anger but I will try again in Sept). So, it's all well and good but they better have the stock to be able to sell them and allow people to be able to get them that actually want to buy them and not just resell them.

Two Targets I went to near me last week had a full display of them...

Not sure how I'm gonna manage with Brickseek this time

Yeah, I was at a Target yesterday and saw a full display of Disney figures. Since Target won't sell the castle, they'll probably wait until all the Disney figures are sold before putting out S16.

Scalpers are an unfortunate reality. Sure, I buy some extras here and there, and keep a copy of my favorites in their packaging, but I would never search through boxes to buy a particular figure specifically for resale. I've thankfully never encountered a shortage for figures relative to each series' release, but that may change. The only real way to beat scalpers is to get there first...

Here's the supposed box distribution -

5 each

Banana Guy

Arabian Knight

Spy

4 each

Serenader

Imp

Hiker

Rogue

Dog Show Judge

Spooky Boy

3 each

Babysitter

Pirate

Cyborg

Ice Queen

Penguin

Kickboxer

Wildlife Photographer

Also, Spy's goggles apparently don't lift up but they are a separate piece.

Edited by CM4Sci

Interesting distribution! I expected the Penguin Guy to be a little more common, but at least Banana Man is!

And as usual, the ladies are all rare. I did expect the Ice Queen to be rare because she has so many parts, but I was hoping we would get more Cyborgs per box...

Found in Beavercreek Ohio TRU - release date is tomorrow.

Rx4LEu2.jpg

Edited by CM4Sci

Interesting distribution! I expected the Penguin Guy to be a little more common, but at least Banana Man is!

And as usual, the ladies are all rare. I did expect the Ice Queen to be rare because she has so many parts, but I was hoping we would get more Cyborgs per box...

Indeed. They got the Pirate's numbers right, but I think they went too heavy on the Arabian Knight. Bit too weak of a design to be five to a case..

Indeed. They got the Pirate's numbers right, but I think they went too heavy on the Arabian Knight. Bit too weak of a design to be five to a case..

Yeah... They did do well with the numbers this time around. The Arabian Knight is the Kendo Fighter of Series 16! He does have some nice prints though, especially the face. I think he'll definitely look better with a white turban...

Edited by telaruhn

Can't believe all the girls are 3 per box

I wonder if White Fang's review will come sooner was well

There's a YouTube review of all 16:

The reviewer has an annoying voice, seems surprised by some parts that aren't new and is so arachnophobic that she is genuinely scared of the spider in the Spooky Boy pack!

Although you don't get a good look at it, it seems that the hiker's map has somewhere called "Greeble" on it which, if correct, is a nice touch. :thumbup:

Edited by AmperZand

If you wanna call TRU, give them this SKU or item number just in case.

Mine said they should be in the back and to call tomorrow! :classic:

Edited by CM4Sci

Omg it's her!

Her freaking voice! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Some thoughts

- That "extra piece" with the Kickboxer Girl I think is meant be a punching bag

- The Spy looks awesome. He looks like Tom Cruise, even more than the Dimensions minifigure lol

- The Rogue's face looks awesome. And he has backprinting too!

- The Snow Queen's tiara is new!

My favorites for this series: Snow Queen, Rogue and Hiker

This turned out to be a really strong series

Edited by Robert8

Her voice isn't too bad... I've heard more annoying voices.

Anyways, my thoughts on the figures as they appear in the video:

Babysitter: Only okay. I'm still not quite sure what is on her shirt, but I don't like it at all. The baby is the best part.

Scalawag Pirate: Pretty good. I like his map and his prints. Can't say that I like the bandana headpiece, though. It seems to me like any molds that show off a bald head look odd (i.e. Grandpa, William Shakespeare).

Wildlife Photographer: Try as they may to make the figure itself appealing, I just don't like the combination of colors in her snowsuit. The penguin is the best part.

Dog Show Winner: He's slightly better than the photographer, but again, the dog is the best part. His hair is new and pretty interesting.

Imp: One of the best in this series. I'm surprised he comes with so many pieces! Definitely worth what you pay for.

Cyborg: Totally called the one-arm printing, and the lack of printing on the torso. Despite that, this review showed a lot more cool printing, like on the left shoulder and leg, so I still like her.

Female Boxer: Cool prints, especially on her legs, but I'm a bit disappointed she's red like the S5 Boxer. Interesting that she comes with a 1x1 round brick, presumably to hold the boxing helmet...

Rogue: Love the face printing, HATE the left arm with the dark red and dark green... Looks out-of-place and a bit ugly. That will be switched out most likely.

Hiker: A lot of great parts, especially the new backpack. Love his "lost" face!

Spooky Boy: Still not sure about the face, the tooth is a little weird... But, I do like the clothes he comes with.

Arabian Knight: I'm coming around on him, I just don't like the dark green turban. Great prints.

Mariachi: Love the printing on the side of the legs, and the face print under the moustache! The trim on the sombrero looks like its a bit low, like it should be higher up towards the brim... That guitar is fantastic, though. I see there's a pin inside for use with minidolls, which is great.

Penguin Suit Guy: Cute as always! Nothing new to really say about him.

Banana Man: Love his face print. As with Hot Dog Man before him, the attention is all in the suit.

Spy: Like the Hiker and Imp, he comes with a lot of great parts. The printing on the left arm is a nice surprise. I hope his hair works with other visors.

Ice Queen: Beautiful. Love the arm printing and the new tiara. The ice beams are nice, but feel unwieldy, so I'm not sure I'll display her with them. My only criticism is that she didn't get the dress piece that came with the S15 Queen; I would have preferred that over the ice beams.

Overall, great series. I plan on looking for these tomorrow. Definitely gonna call my local TRU...

If you wanna call TRU, give them this SKU or item number just in case.

Mine said they should be in the back and to call tomorrow! :classic:

Oh nice. That's good info to have. I am gonna check today at the TRU near my work and if that's fails I'm calling the Lego store near where I live.

Spooky boy is such wasted potential. He looks like some stupid emo boy, completely not fit for awesome spooky girl.

Kickboxer girl doesn't have alternative beaten face? Why?

Edited by parsom

Omg it's her!

Her freaking voice! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Don't say I didn't warn you. :tongue:

I'm looking forwards to Fangy's review here on EB and JangBricks' on YouTube. Unlike the reviewer above, I suspect Jang will know that the Arabian knight's weapon isn't a "knife"; it's a two-handed scimitar, tulwar or kilij.

Some thoughts

- That "extra piece" with the Kickboxer Girl I think is meant be a punching bag

I was thinking that. But then again, it could be a stand for her head protector when you display her with her hair.

My favorites for this series: Snow Queen, Rogue and Hiker

Mine are: Snow queen, rogue (though I'll probably give him two swords instead of his bow and quiver), imp (though I'll give him a red devilish face and plain red torso) and Arabian knight (I've had a MOC of a similar minifigure for years). Others I'm after are the penguin suit guy, wildlife photographer (for the penguin) and babysitter (for the baby).

And, yes, the first person to say the ice queen is cool will get a virtual slap.

I reckon the CMFs in this series will be easy to identify by touch for those who use the tactile method.

Edited by AmperZand

I checked my local TRU and a nearby Target and both had nearly full Disney boxes. This weird timing is gonna be a bear.