Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Has it been confirmed that 75159 Teh Death Star will compromise with Rogue One? Because in the Rgoue One Trailer Brickdown over on Brickset, CapnRex101 has stated about the Death Troopers that other than in Krennic's Shuttle, "these elite troopers will appear in another set toward the end of this year." I'd like to believe this is 75159, but I wanted to check with you guys around here.

It probably won't be based on/ include figures from Rogue One. It will come out before the movie does, making any Rogue One figures included obscure, and if they expect it to have a long shelf life like the last one it would make more sense to have just figures from the classics. I could see a few easter eggs being included in the set, though.

Ok, enough trying to dodge the question or word it differently: straight-up, does anyone have a clue about when this DS is getting revealed? And if you can't say, can you say at least if it will be revealed in this month? Pretty Pleeeease? :D

I'm really intrigued by the U-wing set. The top side looks splendid, but I'm really curious to have a good look at the bottom compartment.

28858210922_b717ee7b6e_z.jpg

As we can see in the trailer, the bottom is really sleek and the side "doors" are closed.

However, the LEGO model doesn't seem to look so sleek from the side (see image below) and the 4x4 wedge plate seems to be placed the wrong way. Looks odd.

28962676265_9f83819dfa_z.jpg

I'm really hoping the LEGO model has sliding doors to close the bottom compartment, but I really doubt it. What do you guys think?

The doors look way too small to be fully closed. It would be nice if they at least slide backwards to give more access to the interior, although closer inspection it looks like the top of the ship might be removable instead.

Just to prove my bad luck (I'm gonna be practically out of internet the next 4 days in a travell): the Death Star will be shown in the next 4 days :laugh:

Edited by hachiroku

I'm guessing it'd be able to slide sideways like the doors on 75021 Republic Gunship.

My major gripe with the U-Wing is that the mandibles on the Lego version are WAY too small! They should at least be about 3 times longer. It's a similar problem to the minifig scale MF's we've gotten, but hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

I think the U-wing has suffered the most in the transition from "real" (mythical sci-fi mostly CGI spaceship) to lego. it seems a lot dumpier than the film version, which is long, sleek and pretty sexy for a troop carrier. I'll still get one, build it, and then enjoy making it more accurate.

Regarding modifying the U-Wing, I've reconstructed the forward mandibles in LDD and It should be insanely easy to extend them to the proper length. Assuming that my reconstruction is accurate to the official set, just a couple of extra White plates/tiles and some Dark Bluish Gray plates will be enough. This won't be nearly as parts-intensive as making Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle film-accurate, that's for sure. :tongue: Something else I noticed is that the engine output is blue on the box art and in the newest trailer, whereas on the official set it's orange. Another easy fix, would just need four Trans-Dark Blue 1x1 Cones. I'm a little disappointed that the inaccuracies exist at all, but at least they're seemingly easy fixes this time around. I haven't noticed any glaring inaccuracies on any other set, fortunately enough.

Didn't go through all the post in here.

Is it somehow confirmed that the new 75159 Death Star will be released this year?

Didn't go through all the post in here.

Is it somehow confirmed that the new 75159 Death Star will be released this year?

That's a good question, I never read about a official statement from LEGO, only rumors yet

That's a good question, I never read about a official statement from LEGO, only rumors yet

LEGO never confirms a set exists until they reveal it, so they wouldn't release a statement about its release prior to its reveal. We only have insider information to go on.

More high-resolution images of the TIE Striker have surfaced on the LEGO subreddit if anyone wants to see them. It seems as though the wings can move synchronously, so a good chunk of the space in the back is dedicated to the mechanism for that. The remaining room is used for weapon & accessory storage.

Also, the box art reveals that the final piece count is 543. The US price was also re-confirmed, at $69.99 USD. Not particularly easy to swallow all things considered, but it's almost expected after the First Order Special Forces TIE. I'm wondering if the price has anything to do with the unique printed hatch pieces, or if TLG just has a grudge against TIE Fighters. :tongue:

Edited by Nokturn

Thanks for the heads up Nokturn.Damn I have to say that's some top notch quality for these pictures,especialy the pics with minifigures you can see all the detail on the them and of course they look amazing,Lego never disappoints in that regard.

Still thought I'll be skipping this set,got my eyes on the U-Wing.

Thanks for the heads up Nokturn.

No problem. Apparently the images came from an accidental early listing from Target.com, which I can confirm. Cat's definitely out of the bag now if it wasn't already. However, none of the other sets were listed, which I find a little strange. Probably an isolated incident for now, but I expect it to start happening on other websites soon enough. If these extra images for the TIE Striker exist, surely there's more out there just waiting to be (accidentally) unleashed.

Edited by Nokturn

No problem. Apparently the images came from an accidental early listing from Target.com, which I can confirm. Cat's definitely out of the bag now if it wasn't already.

Is there an embargo for those set pictures?? Is this why Lego is so hush hush about those sets?? Either way the secrecy is kinda ridiculous since the set themselves aren't spoilery that much.

Is there an embargo for those set pictures?? Is this why Lego is so hush hush about those sets?? Either way the secrecy is kinda ridiculous since the set themselves aren't spoilery that much.

Yeah, unfortunately there is. The embargo lasts until the actual release date, which is September 30th. It's very likely that this is Lucasfilm/Disney's wish, rather than TLG's. They want to keep every single picture of all Rogue One merchandise a secret until Rogue Friday, which is the equivalent to last year's Force Friday. I also find it ridiculous, considering all-first wave merchandise is generally very spoiler-free, but it's not really something we can control. I'm just glad the images exist in the first place. :tongue:

The Tie Striker's back seems to use a new dish piece with a hole in it (a 2x2 round plate fits in there). There's also a mechanism to angle the wings on the back.

Edited by Alexastor

Those minifigs are amazing. It appears that there are two handles in the back of the Striker, so I think the wings move seperately. I love the shape of the craft in that main rear box image. All of the other angles don't really do it justice. I don't like the way the spring-loaded shooters are just tacked on. Does anyone know why the back round part of the middle fuselage uses one of those TIE hatch pieces on top, yet the front uses none? Those round shapes looked pretty similar on the real thing front to back, I wonder why Lego didn't use the same technique twice.

I'm really liking the tie striker! Especially with those grayish blue bricks.

That would be called Sand Blue, and I agree. I like the very sparing use of it. It reminds me of the very first SW sets, when TLG used a large amount of Blue in nearly every set.

This time around, it's done with much more subtlety and as a result, it looks incredibly tasteful and shows restraint.

I'm impressed that they printed the AT-ST driver's goggles on his helmet. That's some outstanding detail! Pretty neat too, now that we have a face print with the goggles on from the old AT St and a helmet with the goggles in the "up" position wrapped around the helmet in the new one. That makes some nice variations for figures.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

The Tie Striker's back seems to use a new dish piece with a hole in it (a 2x2 round plate fits in there).

Pretty sure it's just a 5-wide Scala dish.

I'm impressed that they printed the AT-ST driver's goggles on his helmet. That's some outstanding detail!

I don't know; I think it looks kind of odd. I don't know if it's the lack of depth or the fact that it's printed on a curved surface or the size, but it looks even more odd than having a pilot with no goggles at all, to me.