Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Here is my review of the new 75154 set. I am sorry for not using English language, but you can watch from 1:36 to 4:56 the building and the figures without words.

P. S. I am a beginner, so please forgive me some bad points of the video:(

<snip>

watched it without the sound but it's a great review anyway! Wow- that thing looks solid and plenty swooshable too. You're right - more shore troopers please, but I still wish the helmet had a dedicated mold. They look a bit less faithful to the actual thing when viewed side on. Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote media.

Toysrus is havig a free promotional star wars polybag when you spend $30 or more on lego star wars products. This will take place on the last week of September. It's been speculated that it's the first order general poly bag. I know I'll be getting it. That should be good for us here in the US.

Could the polybag be the Rebel A Wing pilot?

watched it without the sound but it's a great review anyway! Wow- that thing looks solid and plenty swooshable too. You're right - more shore troopers please, but I still wish the helmet had a dedicated mold. They look a bit less faithful to the actual thing when viewed side on.

Definitely agree with you there, though in my opinion the mould is far more fitting for the Shore Trooper than the Tank Trooper. The latter seems to have more prominent "mandibles" on the side of the helmet (whereas the Shore Trooper's mandibles are flattened) and the upper "bar" of the helmet seems larger too. Lego probably tried incorporating aspects of both helmets (though ultimately the design does a better job at evoking the Shore Trooper), so that it would be easier to differentiate them through printing rather than a whole new mould.

Thanks for the review Ookami! The Striker is one of my favourite TIE designs, looks very swooshable too.

Those are some fantastic minifigures, there! Great to add on to the existing rebel troopers and Imperial troopers. Expansions...

Loving that set more and more. I was quite surprised for the multitude of colors used in the structural/hidden builds. Thanks for the review!

It could be, but I expect it to be the first order general.

I hope you're right! I really want that minifig!

I made 75154 - Tie Striker in LDD if anyone's interested.

75154_screenshot_small.png

Here's the LXF file.

Much of it was pieced together based on the high resolution images posted some time ago.

But the video posted by Ookami helped fill in the details.

Edited by lomis

So the Shoretrooper is exclusive in 75154, right? But why only 1? Is that an indication that the Hovertank pilots will have more significance to the plot/story since we'll get 2 of them from 75152?

So the Shoretrooper is exclusive in 75154, right? But why only 1? Is that an indication that the Hovertank pilots will have more significance to the plot/story since we'll get 2 of them from 75152?

More then likely they will apear in 2017 sets if either the battlepack or another at least once as they seem somewhat prominent in trailers.

As far as anyone knows as of right now they are exclusive to the Tie Striksr.

I thinks really hard to call when trying to equate screen time with the minifigures we get in the first wave of a new movie. Last year we got the snowspeeder and three snow troopers and Unkars thug on force Friday and they're all blink-and-you'll miss them characters. The inclusion of the Kanjiclub boys with the Falcon and the action on the box would suggest they'd have a lot more to do than they actually did.

I really hope we get more shore troopers though!

I just took a closer look at the shore and tank troopers from r1. It is kind of sucky that they didn't give them their own custom molds.

I just took a closer look at the shore and tank troopers from r1. It is kind of sucky that they didn't give them their own custom molds.

Their helmets are almost identical, except for the mouth slit on the shore trooper. I'm okay with Lego reusing the mold.

Their helmets are almost identical, except for the mouth slit on the shore trooper. I'm okay with Lego reusing the mold.

I'm not sure about that.

CHjmoda.png

I think the general shapes around the bottom and back areas are different enough to warrant different molds. Also, the shore troopers have the vents in the mouth area.

The helmets are close enough to warrant Lego using the same mold and just accent the differences with printing.

That TIE striker is bigger than I thought. The box art definitely doesn't do the model justice. I'll definitely be purchasing the full wave which is more than I ended up doing for FA

I think it deserved a new mold, the printed bottom front of the pilot helmet does not fit.

But not a big issue compared to some other things legos done.