Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Absolutely!

I`ve heard it`s the same as the previous U.C.S D.S at £274.99/$399.99 and that it has 28 Minifigures unlike the previous with 24 Figures (Also Minifigures)... But please don`t quote me on that one.

Personally, I'd be amazed if the RRP was the same as 10188, considering that it was initially available in 2008 :look:

By the time that you've factored in 8 years of inflation and the new 'premium' that TLG seem to be applying to licensed sets, I wouldn't be surprised if it's around the £400 mark (assuming that it's approximately the same size). I could be completely off the mark, but I'd guess that it will retain a similar part count, and number of minifigures, but be noticeably smaller. Although I had the opportunity to buy the old version, it never really appealed to me even though it was very good value for money. I'd love to see an updated UCS Death Star II, intended as a display model, plus a decent array of minifigures to go with it.

I`ve heard it`s the same as the previous U.C.S D.S at £274.99/$399.99 and that it has 28 Minifigures unlike the previous with 24 Figures (Also Minifigures)... But please don`t quote me on that one.

Do you have a credible source for this? It seems very unlikely to me that it will have more minifigures. We're lucky if it even has the same amount, since they'll be a lot more detailed (granted, that's just a Lego standard right now, but still, it'll probably have quality over quantity).

Local rumors have new DS at $449 or $499 USD. Rumors also suggest a similar piece count (or possibly less) to 10188, but more minifigs than 10188.

My personal interpretation is that it will have less "rooms" and more of an exterior. Possibly more than one micro ship (10188 had Vader's Tie).

Just rumors, though. Hopefully it is an awesome set, or at least the minifigs are great. After Insult on Hoth, this DS needs to be a hit.

Absolutely no way it's $500. I expect it to be the same price with almost the exact same piece range.

Absolutely no way it's $500. I expect it to be the same price with almost the exact same piece range.

So it may be smaller than the last then?....

Just hoping that like the Millennium Falcon, You can open the hatches to reveal inside so that it looks like a solid sphere then opens up to reveal the features OR have the front half with thhe weapon blast a built up solid area then the other half is all opened up. It will be better than any of the 2 previous D.S`s though.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but haven't we seen this guy and his "leaks" several times before?

He was also "Taylor Stevenson", "Brick Productions 2015" and "Brick Productions 2016", all of whom have been banned in the past year for fake Star Wars leaks.

Edited by BrickJagger

Apologies if I'm wrong, but haven't we seen this guy and his "leaks" several times before?

He was also "Taylor Stevenson", "Brick Productions 2015" and "Brick Productions 2016", all of whom have been banned in the past year for fake Star Wars leaks.

Hello, I just saw your comment there. I put this on Flickr a few days back regarding the user "Brick Productions" clones. That is my name on Flickr but someone intended to ruin my reputation on here which I have only signed up the other day aswell that I have never, ever used this site before and someone has made several accounts (According to a helpful user on my Flickr page) of using my same name to try and put my position down online (Flickr, EuroBricks, Instagram eta). I haven`t been fortunate to leak or receive any pictures of upcoming sets/information and would not dare to claim to have. My official Flickr is "Brick Productions 2016" so I am assuming that the user who used "Brick Productions 2016" here had seen my Flickr and decided to try and "ruin me". I am also Taylor Stevenson,

Yes - I`ve heard a few times that he used both my Flickr and real-life name for attention.

Thanks.

Do we know if the piece count is similar? I had heard it's a bit bigger so I'm surprised it's the same price.

Worried that Lego wanted to nail the new castle, so could this be another Star Wars disaster? Avid fans of Lego Star Wars will be very disappointed.

How can you say we'll be disappointed? Have you seen the set?

Just hoping that like the Millennium Falcon, You can open the hatches to reveal inside so that it looks like a solid sphere then opens up to reveal the features OR have the front half with thhe weapon blast a built up solid area then the other half is all opened up. It will be better than any of the 2 previous D.S`s though.

Also, how can you say it will be better? Have you seen the set? It's comments like this that cause too much speculation.

How can you say we'll be disappointed? Have you seen the set?

No. If you read my comment, I'm saying if the focus has been on the castle and the flagship Star Wars set doesn't meet expectations, plenty of people will be disappointed. That is all I was suggesting.

Also, how can you say it will be better? Have you seen the set? It's comments like this that cause too much speculation.

Well, the way you worded it, it just sounded like you were saying "they put their effort into other things, so we will for sure be disappointed".

Well, the way you worded it, it just sounded like you were saying "they put their effort into other things, so we will for sure be disappointed".

I hope we are not. I missed out on 10188

The Technic guys said something similar about the new Porsche 911. I also said similar things when I first heard about the potential prices for some smaller Star Wars sets.

I wouldn't count out a $500 USD price tag. Think about this: Lego+Star Wars+UCS+Inflation+New Movie Featuring DS+High Expectations+Demand=Expensive

It better be 10179 quality if it is that much, though.

Well, I did some math (mind you, these are in CAD) and here it goes-the average Canadian inflation rates since 2008 is 1.6%. So if we look at a 1.6% over the almost 9 years since it's release if it was released today with the same price per piece (ppp) it would be $572 CAD today. If we add an extra 10% to that price for new/extra demand because of new movies that becomes $629 CAD, which using TLG's CAN to USD price points, roughly translates to $600 CAD, $500 USD, which would be in line with the highest priced set ever (10179) although that was 9 years ago. That's all assuming they went with the same amount of pieces. Now if we go to say, 4500 pieces, at the same ppp, it works out to $592 CAD, and if we add another 10% to that number, it becomes $651 CAD. Looking again at TLG's CAD to USD conversion, we're probably looking at $650 CAD, $550 USD. So to sum it up, looking at a couple different ways to do the math, we could very well end up with a price in the range of $500-550 USD, which wouldn't really be unprecedented, or we could just get a smaller set, which throws all that math right in the water.

Do you guys have any idea what's inside the new DS?

I mean, is it just a remake with the same scenes with better details? Or it will be more new movie related?

The 10188 was so good that I think 75159 is going to be the new Assault on Hoth... I hope I'm wrong though...

Well, as inspector Clouseau said "I will now bring you up to speed. We know nothing. You are now up to speed".

I talked to one of my local lego store employees last week. He, too, said the cost of the UCS Death Star is going to be $500.

LEGO Store employees usually know nothing. They're really not a reliable source.

The Rebel Frigate's minifigures are really underwhelming. Im not trying to grumble or be a negative nancy but up close im just not impressed. If you want the set all the power to you but im personally going to pass with zero regrets.

If that is the price, this will probably be the biggest LEGO set ever. (I think?)

Does this guy have any credibility? That's his first post.