Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Also, should we be discussing this here since this is the 2016 thread?

What's the source for this rumor? As far as I can tell, it's all just wishful thinking and should be in Future Star Wars Sets, not in any rumors topic, regardless of year...

What's the source for this rumor? As far as I can tell, it's all just wishful thinking and should be in Future Star Wars Sets, not in any rumors topic, regardless of year...

Its from amazingbricks, who has proven to be a reliable source in the past.

Its from amazingbricks, who has proven to be a reliable source in the past.

That's debatable. In all honesty, I would wait for some more confirmation than from a lot of scoop finders. It's usually set lists that test the credibility the most.

Edited by (Nexus)

I see the Rebels A-Wing polybag is turning up online for sale

The Rebel A-Wing polybag was a giveaway during Star Wars Days at Legoland California at the beginning of June. It was available for two days only, free GWP with a $30 SW LEGO purchase. It's been online for sale since then. No word yet on whether it will be available anywhere else (or when), but I suspect it will show up again somewhere else.

Hi guys I've been so busy over the last few months that I've not really being paying much attention to this forum. I was hoping someone could fill me in on everything past NYTF. :classic:

Hi guys I've been so busy over the last few months that I've not really being paying much attention to this forum. I was hoping someone could fill me in on everything past NYTF. :classic:

New Rogue One sets were leaked - 5 buildable sets and 3 buildable figures. Images are on Google if you look hard enough.

"New" Death Star UCS is coming out in October.

A-Wing polybag was found and available for a short time.

Summer sets are out.

New Rogue One sets were leaked - 5 buildable sets and 3 buildable figures. Images are on Google if you look hard enough.

Summer sets are out.

Thank you, I guess I didn't miss too much then.

The back of Leia's torso:

*snip*

She's perfect! They've nailed her design and I can't see how they can improve on this version any further. :thumbup:

Summer sets are out.

You don't have to look hard at all :laugh:

I personally am not a fan of how the Rogue One designs turned in to Lego.

The cheapest set looks the best to me.

You don't have to look hard at all :laugh:

I personally am not a fan of how the Rogue One designs turned in to Lego.

The cheapest set looks the best to me.

I agree with you. I Dont think the designs are very good (were they in a hurry?). Too much studs IMO. But most people here seem to think they're great.

I agree with you. I Dont think the designs are very good (were they in a hurry?). Too much studs IMO. But most people here seem to think they're great.

The only sets there won't be many studs is UCS. Other than that, expect studs in a set, especially if there is large surface areas. It's Lego. It's a given....

The only sets there won't be many studs is UCS. Other than that, expect studs in a set, especially if there is large surface areas. It's Lego. It's a given....

I dont think thats right.

Think of sets like:

75003 A-wing

75051 Jedi Scout Fighter

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

They all have a pretty limited amount of visible studs.

And the design of those ships are not very complicated. They just use some slopes and flat tiles to make the apperance more sleek and realistic.

The RO sets have far more studs, and doesent look that good IMO.

I dont think thats right.

Think of sets like:

75003 A-wing

75051 Jedi Scout Fighter

75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

They all have a pretty limited amount of visible studs.

And the design of those ships are not very complicated. They just use some slopes and flat tiles to make the appearance more sleek and realistic.

The RO sets have far more studs, and doesent look that good IMO.

If you re-read what I said, I said 'expect studs in a set, especially if there is large surface areas'. I didn't say there would be next to no studs. The A-wing is tiny, and given the amount of slopes available, there would be extremely minimal. It also has a small profile.

Studs will be apparent where TLG have had to either cheap out and keep the cost down rather than using bricks and SNOT, or for strength of the structure. In large playset vehicles with large surface areas; Kylo Ren's ship, the Troop Transport, the Imp Shuttle Tydirium (does have quite a few studs, but they have managed to use tiles in certain places to reduce it). they all have somewhat large surface areas to fill up.

The small Rogue One 75152 set only has studs visible where it seems they could not make do otherwise. It does look pretty minimal on studs. 75155 has a lot of large surface areas, and thin wings to represent, therefore, there will be studs for that. There is no way they would use bricks simply because of structural strength of it being a *toy* and needing to stand up to playing with.

The large black tri-winged ship? Again, large surface areas. It is to be expected.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, because the style of sets has certainly changed recently, but I know TLG used to have a policy for trying to keep models studded, not only for simplicity and strength but also to make sure sets looked like LEGO. Sometimes it's a conscious aesthetic choice, not their "cheaping out."

I'm not sure if it's still the case, because the style of sets has certainly changed recently, but I know TLG used to have a policy for trying to keep models studded,

I hope they keep that policy :classic:

Agreed. Seeing studs on a build, makes it feel like Lego. It's necessary, without them, it doesn't look right. Some of those city airplanes look nothing like Lego.

Agreed. Seeing studs on a build, makes it feel like Lego. It's necessary, without them, it doesn't look right. Some of those city airplanes look like Duplo.

There, fixed that for you :laugh:

Even in Speed Champions, they do an awesome work to hide studs, but in some parts they left studs on purpose.

Or ships like the Falcon. The studs in the system scale give a good texture to the ship.

I personally don't mind the studs. What I meant by the vehicle designs not translating well in to Lego, I was talking more about things like proportions and misused building techniques.