Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Gotta leave for a long car drive soon, so I'll describe the SW sets and I'm done for a while.

*snip*

Those are all of the sets I've been given images of. No blank boxes for the potential TFA sets on the normal set pages, maybe the photographer skipped a page or two, I dunno. Enjoy! :grin:

Thank-you! Would it be OK if you sent me a PM with the images? I undertsand if you can't, have a good trip :)

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote very long posts, thanks :-)

It sounds like we're getting 4 plain OT Stormies in the Battlfront battlepack....... :wub:

And the Carbon Freezing Chamber sounds great; I'll buy two, and make the full platform. Plus, fully-printed Boba Fett....and an Ugnaught..... :wub: :wub:

The rest....I'll likely skip. Though, I might get the escape pod for the Jawas.

Thanks CM4Sci! Btw, are the pictures you saw are just preliminary?

If yes, a lot of changes might happen. Like for example, 2 of the 4 stormtroopers in the Battle front BP are shocktroopers where they have red colors on their suits and we just cant see it on prelim pics because the parts are not yet available.

Edited by irispen

Thanks Sci, the only 'set' I'm interested in is the freezing chamber. As for the battle packs, well im going to buy a Bantha load of those.

The Battlefront BPs sound fantastic. I'm guessing their outfits are based on the ones we've seen in the Tatooine trailer, which is cool, and I bet we'll be getting new helmets (or at least reprints of existing helmets). The Stormie one sounds great. I'm really excited to beef up my OT Stormie group, because two just ain't enough.

While the Droid Escape sounds kinda boring, I think the figures are gonna be stellar. Hopefully the build is less bulky and more detailed than the last one.

I'm having a tough time visualizing the Freezing Chamber. Regardless, I'll probably buy it for the Boba Fett fig.

The Hoth set sounds like a lame way to give us an exclusive Han. Still likely gonna get it :laugh:

Obi-Wan's starfighter is easily the least interesting set. Unless they've seriously updated Obi with some more accurate face prints, I'm not interested.

As for the Microfighters, the only one that sounds worth it is the Wookiee Gunship. Those Wookiee figs are so awesome, but I have yet to justify getting the full sized set. Might need to pick one or two of these up just to give Chewie some friends.

Pics were all prelim 3D renders. The storm troopers were the rebel ones with the long frowns

Another battlepack with frowntroopers? Nooooo! :thumbdown:

Made me think of this quote:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Pics were all prelim 3D renders. The storm troopers were the rebel ones with the long frowns

I'm afraid you're wrong.

Another battlepack with frowntroopers? Nooooo! :thumbdown:

Made me think of this quote:

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

It's just a preliminary placement. If it's from the battlefront game and he saw frown faces then it's a clear indicator that the OT stormies will be new

Gotta leave for a long car drive soon, so I'll describe the SW sets and I'm done for a while.

*snip*

Those are all of the sets I've been given images of. No blank boxes for the potential TFA sets on the normal set pages, maybe the photographer skipped a page or two, I dunno. Enjoy! :grin:

Quick question in Droid Escape set you mention only R2 and 2 Jawas. No C3PO in the set?

Quick question in Droid Escape set you mention only R2 and 2 Jawas. No C3PO in the set?

Of course C-3P0 will be in the set. No Droid Escape sets that will complete without both C-3P0 or R2-D2.

Bespin Freezing Chamber - Interesting design. It's rather small. Think... 4 fractions of an octagon. 1st fraction has a computer and an Ugnaught. 2nd fraction has 2 stair pieces put together with the neon orange lights. 3rd has on the bottom what I think is a pin you can pull out, it is attached to the middle bit which is Han in Carbonite on a small stand. Last fraction has Boba (printing everywhere, cape) and what looks like a very small elevator or something? Platform on 4 tall bricks.

Thanks CM4Sci, that's great news! :thumbup: Please can I just clarify something that's been worrying me; is the set based on The Empire Strikes Back? In other words, do the minifigures look like normal OT ones, and not cartoon-based, and taken from some future spin-off?

Thank-you! Would it be OK if you sent me a PM with the images? I undertsand if you can't, have a good trip :)

Please can I remind everyone that EB shouldn't be used as a method of transferring confidential images between members, so please refrain from making these sorts of requests in future :classic:

Are you saying that if you were buy and build 4 of them, arranged in a circle, that you could form an entire large, circular carbon freezing chamber? Or would it be 2?

The description gives me hope. Hype confirmed! This hype was 100% authentic. Thanks, CM4sci.

...off to read the other descriptions now. ;)

No, I think they meant that it's an octagon and each segment of it is composed of a different build; computers, stairs, etc.

Looks like it will be a shopping trolley full of battlefront battle packs then for me. Probably also the freezing chamber too depending on how the minifigs look.

Obi-wan's Jedi starfighter for sure, droid escape, frezzing chamber and maybe a battlepack or two for me! That's assuming that's all we're getting, I hear there's more large TFA sets coming, so depending on whether or not I like the movie I will get on of those too :)

Green spring loaded misiles again!? *huh*

They're too many sets that have green spring misiles now(AT-AP, V-Wing, Anakin Jedi Interceptor, FO Transporter, Kylo's Shuttle, The Ghost, Imperial Assault Carrier, Naboo Starfighter, and more), so why they didn't make more in blue or purple !?

Because very few ships in Star Wars have blue and purple laser fire?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a wider variety of laser colors as well (getting them in all six elemental colors used in the new Bionicle sets would be a dream). But for Star Wars, they seem to try and match it to the colors of the actual laser fire in the movies, and in the case of the Jedi Interceptor, that would be green.

Will get the freezing chamber, obi wan starfighter, one of each rebel battle packs and multiple of FO and stormies battle pack if good. Maybe hoth.

Here we go... The rumors thread devolving into the shopping lists thread. Again.

Preliminary images, people. That means placeholder figs are very likely, and most often whatever was handy. Probably won't get the UCS Boba in the Freezing Chamber, Rebels STs standing in for new prints, etc.