Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Speaking of 2016 rumors, I've got pics. Can't post, but I will post descriptions tomorrow. Get hyped.

Speaking of 2016 rumors, I've got pics. Can't post, but I will post descriptions tomorrow. Get hyped.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Hope they're good! :excited:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't post pictures? I know there was a strict embargo for the 2015 sets, but I can't see why that would apply to the 2016 sets.

Am I correct in assuming that these will not include The Force Awakens sets?

Very excited. Can't wait to see what TLC planning for the next year.

Great! I'll be waiting for them! Are pics that you have confidential since you can't post them?

Can you at least tell us now how many sets are coming in January ?

Hyped for sure! Just let us know if it's a good wave or not

I really don't understand what TLGs obsession with Hoth is. Yeah, the seen is memorable but no more than any other part of star wars. While Bespin has gone neglected for 13 years and things like the exicution seen from AOTC and the Larz moisture farm haven't even been touched on. What child is going to see a snowy turret with some generic troops next to a jedi starfighter with memmerable characters and want the technologically advanced pile of snow. At this point, even children will have all the Hoth they want with the battle of Hoth, the snowspeeder and the ATAT.

I really wish Lego would move away from frosty the snowturret to bring us new stuff that would make sence to do that they just haven't.

Lego, I've got a Tauntaun, now give me a Bantha! I really want that Bantha!

Lars Homestead has been done though.... but only as a very rare mini-build. :-(

I really don't understand what TLGs obsession with Hoth is. Yeah, the seen is memorable but no more than any other part of star wars. While Bespin has gone neglected for 13 years and things like the exicution seen from AOTC and the Larz moisture farm haven't even been touched on. What child is going to see a snowy turret with some generic troops next to a jedi starfighter with memmerable characters and want the technologically advanced pile of snow. At this point, even children will have all the Hoth they want with the battle of Hoth, the snowspeeder and the ATAT.

I really wish Lego would move away from frosty the snowturret to bring us new stuff that would make sence to do that they just haven't.

Lego, I've got a Tauntaun, now give me a Bantha! I really want that Bantha!

I think the with hoth sets, is that they sell well, hence why almost every year since 1999 we've seen some Hoth set of some sort.

They made a Larz Homestead minibuild? That's pritty cool.

Anyway, new set discriptions? That's "so cool! No nead to tell me to get hyped, I'm already on to that! I hope that the escape pod isn't just the pod.

Looking forward to descriptions.

Hopeful to hear about the Duel from Episode 7.

Also hoping for more information about the Droid Escape. I'm wondering if C-3PO has the same level of printing as the polybag release coming later this year.

I really don't understand what TLGs obsession with Hoth is. \

I think the with hoth sets, is that they sell well, hence why almost every year since 1999 we've seen some Hoth set of some sort.

Now that LOTR has, to all appearances, ended for good, I may have to turn to the Dark Side start buying Star Wars sets again. :laugh: And, interestingly enough, Hoth sets are the only Star Wars sets I buy anymore; I don't know why... I have a strange fascination with Snowspeeders, and 7666 Hoth Rebel Base is, for some reason, the set which I most regret not buying for retail price. Fingers crossed for some information about the UCS Hoth Base! I'm ready for those descriptions, CM4Sci! :wink: Thank you so much in advance. :blush:

I'm very interested to know what kind of battle packs we are getting next year. (TFA Storm Troopers please!)

Gotta leave for a long car drive soon, so I'll describe the SW sets and I'm done for a while.

Microfighters -

Ghost looks different from the SDCC one, Hera included

Tie Advenced Prototype has a TIE Pilot? Dunno the specific name.

Wookie Gunship has a Wookie. :tongue:

AT-DP has an AT-DP pilot.

2 black boxes for TFA sets.

Sets -

Rebels Battle Pack - Looks like one of those Speeders the Scout Troopers usually use, but beefed up a bit. Stud shooters on each side. Minifigures are tan, no printing, one has a Greedo head. Others have A Wing pilot helmets and one of those 2009 Hoth helmets in sand green. Two have jetpacks. Plenty of stud shooters.

Empire Battle Pack - 4 Stormtroopers, all look the same. One has a jetpack. Plenty of stud shooters. Main build is a small station. Spring shooter cannon, aside is a seat with stud shooters, and behind it is what appears to be a station with small monitors.

2 blank box battlepacks for TFA.

Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor - looks just like Anakin's. Has a red droid. Obi-Wan. Green spring shooters.

Droid Escape looks the same, R2-D2 has a plain silver dome so I'm assuming new print? Maybe? 2 Jawas, no capes, 2 guns (not stud shooters) Actual pod isn't a cone shape this time, it's like a big cylinder.

Hoth Attack looks kinda plain and boring. Some plates, with some small snow bits, random tan/dark tan plates. Tall white tower with a shooter thing. Probe droid included - minifigs are Hoth Han, Snowtrooper with a really neat looking stud shooter cannon, and a Hoth soldier.

Bespin Freezing Chamber - Interesting design. It's rather small. Think... 4 fractions of an octagon. 1st fraction has a computer and an Ugnaught. 2nd fraction has 2 stair pieces put together with the neon orange lights. 3rd has on the bottom what I think is a pin you can pull out, it is attached to the middle bit which is Han in Carbonite on a small stand. Last fraction has Boba (printing everywhere, cape) and what looks like a very small elevator or something? Platform on 4 tall bricks.

Those are all of the sets I've been given images of. No blank boxes for the potential TFA sets on the normal set pages, maybe the photographer skipped a page or two, I dunno. Enjoy! :grin:

Edited by CM4Sci

Thanks CM4Sci really appreciate all the info you've brought us these past few days! Hope you have a safe trip :)

OT: Really happy that Boba Fett is going to probably be the same figure as the Slave I set as that is simply the best Boba Lego have ever created! A lot of people are probably going to regret buying that figure alone since current prices for it are higher then the set itself.

Thanks for the set descriptions, CM4Sci!

It's a little disappointing to hear Carbon Freezing Chamber is small. I was kind of expecting it to be a full octagon, rather than just half of one.

Still pretty excited to see what it looks like, though. I'll be picking it up anyway because of the Boba Fett and Ugnaught figures.

Other than that, I'm really only interested in the Force Awakens stuff. The Battlefront Battlepacks do sound decent, though.

Bespin Freezing Chamber - Interesting design. It's rather small. Think... 4 fractions of an octagon. 1st fraction has a computer and an Ugnaught. 2nd fraction has 2 stair pieces put together with the neon orange lights. 3rd has on the bottom what I think is a pin you can pull out, it is attached to the middle bit which is Han in Carbonite on a small stand. Last fraction has Boba (printing everywhere, cape) and what looks like a very small elevator or something? Platform on 4 tall bricks.

Are you saying that if you were buy and build 4 of them, arranged in a circle, that you could form an entire large, circular carbon freezing chamber? Or would it be 2?

The description gives me hope. Hype confirmed! This hype was 100% authentic. Thanks, CM4sci.

...off to read the other descriptions now. ;)

Edited by darththeling

Obi Wan's Jedi Interceptor - looks just like Anakin's. Has a red droid. Obi-Wan. Green spring shooters.

Green spring loaded misiles again!? *huh*

They're too many sets that have green spring misiles now(AT-AP, V-Wing, Anakin Jedi Interceptor, FO Transporter, Kylo's Shuttle, The Ghost, Imperial Assault Carrier, Naboo Starfighter, and more), so why they didn't make more in blue or purple !?

Edited by ArmstrongYong