Wardancer

Latest impact of other themes on historic themes

23 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like there are a new bow and arrow mould in the Marvel CMF, but have only seen a crappy picture so hard to tell:shrug_oh_well:

It does appear to be! It remains to be seen if it will be useful for historical MOCs, however, as it might be intended to represent modern bows (since the existing part looks outdated when used for Hawkeye). 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It does appear to be! It remains to be seen if it will be useful for historical MOCs, however, as it might be intended to represent modern bows (since the existing part looks outdated when used for Hawkeye). 

It looks like Kate and Hawkeye have two different bows. Kate uses a more classic recurve so I hope that the LEGO version doesn’t look too modern. 

9 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

It looks like Kate and Hawkeye have two different bows. Kate uses a more classic recurve so I hope that the LEGO version doesn’t look too modern. 

As much as I would love to get two new bow moulds in one CMF series, I feel it is more likely that both Hawkeyes use the same part, albeit in different colours. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

It doesn't look like that piece to me (and I don't think a compound bow would be screen accurate for her).

To me it does look like a new piece that is a recurve bow with rectangular cross section limbs rather than the existing round cross section moulds.

14 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

The limbs on the new part look too thick to be this one, and it would be inaccurate since Kate uses a recurve in the show (so there is no reason for LEGO to revive a mould that has not been used since 2016). 

10 minutes ago, Weil said:

To me it does look like a new piece that is a recurve bow with rectangular cross section limbs rather than the existing round cross section moulds.

Agreed. 

This definitely looks like a new recurve bow with flat limbs instead of the more rounded limbs we’ve gotten in the past. 

Looks like it could be applicable to historic themes. It’s pretty low res though, so we’ll have to wait to see for sure.

A new style lions archer with a new recurve bow in the next regular CMF wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Or maybe in the rumored village set? Wishful thinking on my part. 

I am actually a bit excited about the new bow. Yes, there is some screw or rivet or something on it (in the hi res leak picture of the box), but I think this could easily be seen as some historic technology. It might look nice with a golden oder silver dot on it. I have never liked most of the custom bows on the market, so this is promising. I hope the next picture does not show some mechanism which is too modern.

9 hours ago, Wardancer said:

I am actually a bit excited about the new bow. Yes, there is some screw or rivet or something on it (in the hi res leak picture of the box), but I think this could easily be seen as some historic technology. It might look nice with a golden oder silver dot on it. I have never liked most of the custom bows on the market, so this is promising. I hope the next picture does not show some mechanism which is too modern.

If it's a compound bow it should have cams which and not friendly to what you are looking for and it would look to modern.  But definitely need to see a side picture for an answer to that question.  

Very neat new bow piece! And in two colors!

The small owl is quite nice too—much more modestly sized than the larger version and probably easier to fit into a wider variety of trees, rafters, etc.

Hey, this bow looks great! I think it'll fit in with Castle quite well. Crossing my fingers for an upcoming Lion archer with this bow in the future.

That's definitely not a classic recurve bow but I think this will be quite useful for some variety in my armies.  

Since Lego is releasing a Space CMF next year, could we one day see a Castle + Forestmen +Viking CMF??? LOL

Edited by hikouki

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Since Lego is releasing a Space CMF next year, could we one day see a Castle + Forestmen +Viking CMF??? LOL

I would absolutely love something like this! Pirates, as well. 👍

5 hours ago, hikouki said:

We have already seen individual figures related to those three at least twice each.

5 hours ago, hikouki said:

If that happens I expect entire series boxes to be sold out and hard to find/get, considering how rabid the Castle fanbase can get.