LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

The changes themselves don't necessarily sound bad to me but, like @Maple said, literally every single time LEGO decided to change something about S@H it only made everything worse.

UI changes on S@H? The site gets increasingly harder and more frustrating to use. 
Changes to the VIP system? I now have to use a calculator every time because it's just overly complicated for no reason whatsoever. 

These changes sound alright on paper but I'm sure LEGO will screw up on the execution as they always do.

Dunno about these changes, I kind of feel like it's going to just be an excuse to remove all the valuable draws found in large sets like the parts to make an exclusive figure from bricks and pieces

47 minutes ago, Chopper Bricks said:

BAM pieces will be available in 'build a mini' but not by themselves without buying a full fig :)

Oh now this interests me. But they can easily add this build a figure thing and not completely screw up B&P.

What really gets me is they aren't even merging the services, there will still be a 'best seller' section and a 'special' piece section. This sounds like LEGO is just going to get even more confusing.

Edited by Maple

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I always spend more than $15-20 but a max of 200 parts is complete BS. I did a very small order yesterday and it turned out to be 75 pieces.

It's not a max of 200 parts, it's a max of 200 unique parts IDs. Was that 75 unique pieces?

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's not a max of 200 parts, it's a max of 200 unique parts IDs. Was that 75 unique pieces?

Yeah. Probably 70ish unique pieces. Like I said I normally use it for minifigures. A few of the same heads. 

In my experience Pick a Brick took forever to deliver while Bricks and Pieces took usually a week to deliver, i always found it funny how same parts were in stock and out of stock there because of services, so it makes me wonder what will come out from this, I’m cautious since they were good and bad things from each service in the past.  Especially the fact that you could order directly from older kits that gave you the new part number in use

37 minutes ago, Maple said:

Yeah. Probably 70ish unique pieces. Like I said I normally use it for minifigures. A few of the same heads. 

Fair. Just checking.

If there really becomes no shipping fee (I don't understand this "handling" thing because there's never been something called a handling fee with B&P), then there's nothing stopping you placing two or more orders of 200 unique pieces. Also for those in the US (or I think Europe?) where the shipping price is very low ($2.50 USD), it's not much to bear.

Here in Australia where the shipping price has been $15, it's tougher to swallow placing multiple orders when you only want to place one. That's why I personally sometimes make smaller orders to relatives in the US, and one or two larger orders a year direct to me in Aus, so I don't miss out on things but also am not paying an arm and a leg for shipping.

2 minutes ago, eldiano said:

In my experience Pick a Brick took forever to deliver while Bricks and Pieces took usually a week to deliver, 

Are you sure you don't have this backwards? B&P notoriously takes ages to come most of the time.

I do welcome the online buying of BAM figs, even if it's older ones, and stores have newer ones.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Fair. Just checking.

If there really becomes no shipping fee (I don't understand this "handling" thing because there's never been something called a handling fee with B&P), then there's nothing stopping you placing two or more orders of 200 unique pieces. Also for those in the US (or I think Europe?) where the shipping price is very low ($2.50 USD), it's not much to bear.

Here in Australia where the shipping price has been $15, it's tougher to swallow placing multiple orders when you only want to place one. That's why I personally sometimes make smaller orders to relatives in the US, and one or two larger orders a year direct to me in Aus, so I don't miss out on things but also am not paying an arm and a leg for shipping.

Are you sure you don't have this backwards? B&P notoriously takes ages to come most of the time.

Nope, Pick a Brick sends it through ground mail from Europe to the US, Bricks and Pieces used to send it through DHL airmail to Newark then use regular USPS service which usually takes 2-3 days,  My fastest turn around time from order to delivery at one point was a week, were Pick a Brick says it delivers faster but it takes about a month.  I ordered once from both services at the same time at one point and I regretted it ever since, it was so bad my shipment got lost in the mail TWICE and had to order another round, even the lego clerk was like yeah sorry on their end it shows it never got stateside but I swear, I managed to get that package two months later, while everything from Bricks and pieces arrived in no less than two weeks.  I’ve sworn off Pick a brick ever since then unless a brick was not in stock at bricks and pieces.  

Edited by eldiano

I get PAB within 2 weeks and B&P within two months. So I have no idea who you paid off to get your orders so quickly but that is NOT the normal. :pir-huzzah1:

Edited by Maple

Yeah, I think LEGO sends B&P orders in batches to the US, and then USPS once they have landed, so if you get lucky and place an order right before they send off a batch then you might receive it in a week, but I too have had B&P orders not arrive for up to 1.5 months. A couple of my US orders last year got there rather quickly, and even my last Australia order took only a few weeks, but other ones before that have taken much much longer.

Overall I'm not sure what to make of this news. I almost feel as though it won't affect me personally much, or any of us who use B&P just to order the cool new parts, since those surely won't be "bestsellers" and hence still dispatch from Billund just like they always did.

The news seems to say that those parts might not become available as immediately as in the past, but if they become available eventually, that's fine with me. I don't need stuff right away.

It's great that orders will now qualify for GWPs, though does that mean if you place an order that comes from Billund, wherever you are in the world, that they'll throw in the GWP in Billund?

I hear what people are saying about LEGO always messing things up, which is true. However, B&P is such a broken service as it is (extremely difficult to simply browse, requires a lot of work to place an order, might lose cart unexpectedly, etc etc), that as long as they don't eviscerate the part availability or raise the prices through the roof, it can only get better. Surely?

2 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

[...] that as long as they don't eviscerate the part availability or raise the prices through the roof, it can only get better. Surely?

Never underestimate LEGO's ability to consistently make their online services worse :tongue:

Well, frankly it doesn’t sound so bad. I’m just hoping for the best and patiently waiting to see these changes first hand. Fingers crossed it’s not a disaster:classic:

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Never underestimate LEGO's ability to consistently make their online services worse :tongue:

They say only the best is good enough and unfortunately they seem to apply this mantra to their screw ups. :wacko:

Um, sorry if I sound dumb but I’m little confused. 

Is B&P merged into with Pick a Brick and Build a Minifigure, right/ 

36 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

B&P and Pick a Brick will be merging, with a bit of Build a Minifigure sprinkled in. There is lots more information to it though, which can be read on various sites like Brickset and Hoth Bricks. Here are links:

https://brickset.com/article/68955/pick-a-brick-merging-with-bricks-pieces

https://en.hothbricks.com/launch-of-the-pick-and-build-on-the-lego-shop-the-bricks-pieces-service-will-definitively-disappear-in-february/

Hoth Bricks shows some screenshots of a test interface, which shows the two search fields from B&P (set and element or design ID), as well as drop down menus for different categories.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hear what people are saying about LEGO always messing things up, which is true. However, B&P is such a broken service as it is (extremely difficult to simply browse, requires a lot of work to place an order, might lose cart unexpectedly, etc etc), that as long as they don't eviscerate the part availability or raise the prices through the roof, it can only get better. Surely?

They actually seemed to have fixed the lose cart issues. I had it crash on me and my cart was still there when I got it to reload. So only half broken. But that's the actual problem, LEGO has NEVER made anything better, ever. 

51 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Nothing dumb about that. The press release is super confusing and I think all of us are trying to make sense of it all.

2 hours ago, Maple said:

They actually seemed to have fixed the lose cart issues. I had it crash on me and my cart was still there when I got it to reload. So only half broken. But that's the actual problem, LEGO has NEVER made anything better, ever. 

They've definitely fixed the losing cart issue in the middle of assembling a cart, but the issue of losing it when going forward to check out might remain.

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

They've definitely fixed the losing cart issue in the middle of assembling a cart, but the issue of losing it when going forward to check out might remain.

Ohhhh. That SUCKS. I thankfully never had that happen yet. But they will most likely not fix that. :laugh_hard:

I found some of my older orders, again mostly torsos and noticed one of them was damaged which is amazing. It's the skeleton torso from a Halloween set in 2019 hayride set.

Also PAB keeps giving me this error, anyone else getting it?

SORRY! AN UNEXPECTED ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Edited by Maple

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hoth Bricks shows some screenshots of a test interface, which shows the two search fields from B&P (set and element or design ID), as well as drop down menus for different categories.

Would be a huge improvement if they are sorted into categories, I mostly buy animals anyway so if they are in one category it will make it really easy to order :wink:

No way the BAM will cost the equivalent of 5£ in Norway, then it would be a great way to buy animals since they usually coast at least that and get the minifigparts for "free" :classic:

1600 parts are a lot and animals are very popular so I wonder if any of them will end up on "PAB", if so it should reduce the workload on "B&P" in the future right?

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I don’t know chief, LEGO did decide to remove the “Edit” button from the shopping cart after all.

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1600 parts are a lot and animals are very popular so I wonder if any of them will end up on "PAB", if so it should reduce the workload on "B&P" in the future right?

I don't think "popular" means that they will monitor to see what are the popular parts and have those in the PAB equivalent section. I imagine they will tell us what the "popular parts" are and have those parts as permanent in the PAB type section. Just like they do for PAB walls in stores, with items that rarely change. It wouldn't surprise me if the popular parts are pretty much what is found in the online PAB section now. Also 1600 parts is not a lot when you consider colour variations. Currently, online PAB has 1399 different parts, so there will not be much more selection in this "popular parts" section compared to PAB now.

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

Currently, online PAB has 1399 different parts, so there will not be much more selection in this "popular parts" section compared to PAB now.

If it is that many now the chances is slim to none that they will include any animals yes. On the positive side all my orders will probably stay on the B&P , so no need to worry about the need to fulfill both quotas when ordering :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If it is that many now the chances is slim to none that they will include any animals yes. On the positive side all my orders will probably stay on the B&P , so no need to worry about the need to fulfill both quotas when ordering :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah, I imagine "popular parts" means the basic parts - plain / undecorated bricks, plates, tiles, and so on, run of the mill type parts that appear in many sets, year after year, with a small number / restricted colour choice of other parts such as basic torsos, plain legs, fences, window frames, doors, ... just as PAB is now.