LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

12 hours ago, MAB said:

How much more would you be willing to pay for that? It requires different machinery to seal the gripseal and seal the plastic with heat. There is no benefit to lego to double seal the bags. If you want large ziplock bags for storage or reuse, then buy them separately.

But what if they use ziplock bags, but only seal it with heat, leaving the gripseal alone? Yeah, it would probably need bags where there is more plastic above the gripseal. And is what I meant earlier. Isn't it what I actually wrote even?

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

But what if they use ziplock bags, but only seal it with heat, leaving the gripseal alone? Yeah, it would probably need bags where there is more plastic above the gripseal. And is what I meant earlier. Isn't it what I actually wrote even?

They could do, although the margin for error is very small. The heat sealed bags I've seen are sealed in different places along the bag and often at an angle. I don't think they have the precision (or desire) to heat seal a small area above the ziplock. Also, I've found that unless you fill the LEGO ziplock bags, you inevitably fold them, and the white printing makes it hard to see inside. Sandwich bags have proven much more useful for me.

Whoever keeps messing with the layout of the PaB page needs their megablocks fired. :pir-murder:

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

Whoever keeps messing with the layout of the PaB page needs their megablocks fired. :pir-murder:

Definitely agree.  I was working on an order last night & when I went to add some more to it & up the quantities of items I had in there nothing was happening.  I gave up at that point.  This morning there were a few random items I had test added (nothing was showing as added last night) in the mix so I had to delete them.  I still haven't finalized the order yet but the new layout with the menu dropdowns on the left is a pain.

The vertical layout is really annoying because you can't gain that screen real estate back by scrolling. It doesn't make sense to filter as you're scrolling down. Your scrolling position is meaningless after you change the filter. It only makes sense for the filters to be at the top.

Yeah this latest update is not great.  I get the idea of the filter, but the buttons are far too large on desktop (on mobile it's actually done well and hidden behind a button, you can see it if you resize your browser on desktop...)   Other sites have done the sidebar filter much better.  The scrolling is especially awkward, it should scroll with the main page and not be in its own frame.

And I wish the "pieces per page" defaulted to 400, there's no reason anyone would want less than that.

And while I'm complaining, I wish I could middle click or control click on links to open them in a new tab -- I want to click on a brick and then open a new tab for "search results for same color".

But overall having PAB has been bad for my wallet, so they are clearly doing something right.

Edit: I reached out to a PAB developer on Reddit and they recommended giving feedback using the survey at the bottom of the page here: https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build

If people actually fill this out, they may actually improve things.

Edited by iragm
Added link to feedback survey

Can't even get into the US website right now.  I'm in the waiting room.

Finally got in.  No new parts yet.

Edited by karrit

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Can't even get into the US website right now.  I'm in the waiting room.

Finally got in.  No new parts yet.

Why do they have the waiting room up? Did new sets drop? It's not midnight yet.

3 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Why do they have the waiting room up? Did new sets drop? It's not midnight yet.

Maybe the site is getting slammed somehow by other countries that can buy already.  I know they are different websites but who knows.  Maybe it's just people trying to get ready for midnight.

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Maybe the site is getting slammed somehow by other countries that can buy already.  I know they are different websites but who knows.  Maybe it's just people trying to get ready for midnight.

What sets are being released tonight? It's crazy that people are already lining up.

52 minutes ago, karrit said:

Mostly some Star Wars & the Disney CMF's

Why would you buy Disney CMFs online when the chance of duplicates is far too high. Although the six pack boxes are available I suppose.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Why would you buy Disney CMFs online when the chance of duplicates is far too high. Although the six pack boxes are available I suppose.

I already got mine.  Found them in a Target a couple of weeks ago.  I just need to get doubles of a handful of them so not about to gamble on a 6 pack box.

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

It's got to be this week. Surely!! Please, please, please!  

I hope!!!! But my wallet sure doesn’t 

Not to trigger anyone, but my March PAB order arrived today, in a ziplock bag... :devil:

Wonderful, glorious parts to add to the castle (torsos, no legs sadly), some animals, space bits, and most importantly of all, the parts I needed to finish a limo MOC for the Palace Cinema. I love PAB delivery day. Such a delight!

Y’all count down to new parts, I mainly look forward to the summer animals each year.  Looks like seals & orcas for me when they’re released + 3-6 months so I can buy my little zoo. 

Edit: and adult sea turtles + baby bears.

Edited by dvt

Hope the Orca doesn't end up like the Elephant where you couldn't actually purchase all the parts easily off PAB without having to call & and hope for a helpful Customer Service agent.  I never attempted it myself but I know some people were able to get the body by calling in.  Can't believe how relatively inexpensive the set with the turtles considering there are two additional large animals with the Hammerhead & Stingray as well as a few smaller sea critters.  And The set with the Polar bears is up now.  Mama & 2 cubs.  

6 hours ago, karrit said:

And The set with the Polar bears is up now.  Mama & 2 cubs.

which means you need to buy 2 sets to get a full family XD

I'm kinda give up on waiting as some of the 2023 sets are already on 40%~60% clearance here.  It would be cheaper to take the animals and resell the main set.  And since switching to the new strategy, some parts get removed and some parts even non licensed never appear, for those novelty parts pricing is a bit high.  I miss the old B&P service.

I think I will make the GWP threshold without any problems the day those animals hit PAB :tongue:

8 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

which means you need to buy 2 sets to get a full family XD

A mother polar bear and cubs is pretty much the normal polar bear family unit 

20 hours ago, williejm said:

A mother polar bear and cubs is pretty much the normal polar bear family unit 

That's only temporary, though, because the dad always "goes out for milk and cigarettes" at some undisclosed store someplace very far away. He'll be back sometime soon... right?

(I'm sorry if I'm off topic. The above comment by @williejm was just begging to be replied to as I did :grin: )

Edited by Murdoch17

The amount of parts listed on PAB has decreased buy a few hundred over the past few days.  I always search eliminating Duplo & ask to see out of stock.  Hopefully this is an indication that they will be adding new parts soon.

A ton of new parts from January 2023 are up in out of stock on the Canada site. Hopefully this week they’re available for purchase. Lots of the new city, friends and monkey kid stuff. I’m gutted that the new white hair/gold crown is 10$ CAD….