LegoPercyJ

Lego Licensed Parts available from Bricks & Pieces

The D.Orange horse is listed for $5.42 in the US. I wasn't going to get one yet, but if the prices really are going that high I'm going to order 2 before the US gets hit with the update.

1 hour ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

That horse price is insane, are they like trying to deter people from buying them or something?

It might well be that. If individual horses are selling in high volume and the sets are not selling so well, there is an indication of what LEGO should do - increase the price of individual ones and include them in more (probably expensive) sets.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:29 AM, Maple said:

USA Pick a Brick is down to 666 661 pieces. I knew I should have placed an order before the switch to get a bunch more 4x6 window panels when they were cheap.

That's interesting. Last year I bought 160 of the clear ones when they were just 6p on PAB. I didn't even need them. I wanted some parts totalling about £2.50 and I had to hit a threshold of £12 to allow me to place the PAB order. I couldn't really see anything else that was under-priced so I loaded up on those as they are easy enough to pass on at cost price. They have now priced them at 18p each.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It looks as if they have put all pieces onto Pick a Brick. Everything can be bought from there.

That is what they said they would do. The yellow BESTSELLER tag is the old PAB, and anything else is the old B+P. At least now it is searchable so easy to locate heads in specific colours, and so on.

I just read on the comments of Brickset's article about this that the new system doesn't show you out of stock parts at all. If you search for something out of stock, it simply doesn't appear, even if it is something they sell.

That alone SUCKS. A huge part of B&P was searching new sets and new parts to see what would be added with a price and purchase-able eventually, and what wouldn't be. How the hell can you plan an order if the system treats out of stock parts and parts they don't sell in the same way? Now you'd have no idea what parts will eventually be for sale and which won't unless you just keep checking constantly.

44 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I just read on the comments of Brickset's article about this that the new system doesn't show you out of stock parts at all. If you search for something out of stock, it simply doesn't appear, even if it is something they sell.

That alone SUCKS. A huge part of B&P was searching new sets and new parts to see what would be added with a price and purchase-able eventually, and what wouldn't be. How the hell can you plan an order if the system treats out of stock parts and parts they don't sell in the same way? Now you'd have no idea what parts will eventually be for sale and which won't unless you just keep checking constantly.

I'd say it's a ploy to get you to order multiple times. But that doesn't make any sense. Someone from AU isn't going to pay shipping two or three times. And even for us who have reasonable shipping prices, that money goes to shipping and not to Lego's profit margin.

The horse is out of stock now (in France).

So 2 possibilities :

- it has just been ordered a lot by the lucky countries that are still on the older price :) 

- the price raise was really too high to be acceptable by LEGO fans (LEGO are you reading?), and the horse will come back with a lower price (but still higher than before)

Time will tell !

Edited by Paco_777

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah, that sucks indeed. It makes the new system almost useless. It was very handy to see OOS parts that are at least theoretically available so that you could put them on your wish list. But now - you have to search the instructions to see all parts which are in a set.

It's an absolute disappointment. Its unhandy and expensive.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

It might well be that. If individual horses are selling in high volume and the sets are not selling so well, there is an indication of what LEGO should do - increase the price of individual ones and include them in more (probably expensive) sets.

That's interesting. Last year I bought 160 of the clear ones when they were just 6p on PAB. I didn't even need them. I wanted some parts totalling about £2.50 and I had to hit a threshold of £12 to allow me to place the PAB order. I couldn't really see anything else that was under-priced so I loaded up on those as they are easy enough to pass on at cost price. They have now priced them at 18p each.

Damn. They were 6 cents here too and I also didn't need it but bought 10 clear and 10 clear blue in the fall. I was going to order like 50 of each and my legs. This might be in the final nail in my LEGO hobby. The quality is shit and the prices are insane. I've reached my breaking point.

Looks like B&P will now be using S@H's shipping costs with 5,95 euro for every order under 55 euro. Not amused, looks like I'm gonna have to wait with B&P orders every time to pass that free shipping treshold :hmpf_bad:

As for the new filter and sorting features, they are nice on paper but an absolute mess to navigate (why the hell are minifigure neck-attachments in the "machine arms" category?!). Safe to say LEGO changed something for the better screwed it all up again.

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Looks like B&P will now be using S@H's shipping costs with 5,95 euro for every order under 55 euro. Not amused, looks like I'm gonna have to wait with B&P orders every time to pass that free shipping treshold :hmpf_bad:

Edit, ok nevermind, if you actually order, you still get the €55 shipping threshold, that's pretty bad.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

The New Pick a Brick has Free shipping above €12 for Netherlands, not the usual €55 on sets.

The €12 treshold is only to bypass the €6 euro service fee, shipping has been changed to €5,95 on orders below €55. 

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The €12 treshold is only to bypass the €6 euro service fee, shipping has been changed to €5,95 on orders below €55. 

My bad, the "Service cost" thing talks about shipping, but yes if you actually add to bag it's just like a regular order.

Amazing that Lego dares to raise prices & shipping while competition has never been so big in China. I used to only order clones for recolors that Lego doesn't wanna do, but I may change my mind.

Other than that I was all for the unification of both systems, but from what I hear (still the old one here) it's bad, and still 2 systems in disguise.

1 minute ago, anothergol said:

it's bad, and still 2 systems in disguise.

Which is exactly what LEGO said it would be in the press release. It never sounded good, even with all of LEGO spin.

LEGO wants the company to be 100% robots. B&P needs humans, if they screw it up and we all use it less then LEGO saves money.

Stuntz bike with the flywheel (6391389/69869, the chassis only) is 17,05 €. That's more than double the price of the smallest Stuntz set. Insane ...

You know the push forward motors from the stuntz sets? They used to be like £6 on BAP which was pointless because you can pick a stuntz set up for £7.

Well now they are £14.84 each lmao

Edit: Ninja'd

I think screw-up a bit of an exaggeration, it has not gone as bad as I thought it would. Still some flaws here and there but not too bad considering LEGO's standards now a days.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

as for standard pieces it's only a question of time until there will be cheaper alternatives. There are some already and as they have parts in much more colours available I am thinking to order for the first time IF prices of standard pieces became too high.

Not to blame Lego - from their perspective it must be a nightmare to have so many individual parts orders. I hope in the future high quality 3D printers can make this easier. They are a company. As with the recent Star Wars battle packs: if enough people buy products to make profit pleasing the higher ups than they can make them more expensive. We can buy it or not. We can also voice our opinion that the services suck - at least this they could do better (how outdated the shoppage is, availability of pieces). But also here who cares? B&P is probably a thing for the minority.

I'm just feeling stupid I didn't take more orders before. It was clear this will happen. :pir-laugh:

So I had an Work In Progress B&P order of 89 parts (taken out now out of stock items for comparison) which was previously 63.33. This has now changed to 67.64.

While there are a few price increases that are ridiculous with barely any in the opposite direction, most items in my basket went down very slightly.

My basket got stung by 3 parts increase which would have worked out cheaper if they weren't in the basket

• 4586410 x2 (1.56 -> 2.26)
  • 6004927 x4 (1.56 -> 2.26)

• 6383338 (1.31 -> 2.98)

My biggest issues currently are not being able to see Out of Stock items that will be sellable (not the B&Ps show everything that was ever on sale) and an option to filter out Duplo pieces. 

Oh that sounds like dirty pool…. Prices should have been “grandfathered”/ locked in IMO if this order was placed prior to the change. 

I’m gonna (try to) wait a bit before a new order

4 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'd say it's a ploy to get you to order multiple times. But that doesn't make any sense. Someone from AU isn't going to pay shipping two or three times. And even for us who have reasonable shipping prices, that money goes to shipping and not to Lego's profit margin.

Yeah I don't think it's a ploy, just incompetence or ill-considered corporate thinking, like "oh we don't want to confuse or disappoint people by showing what's out of stock, so we'll just make that stuff disappear". Showing out of stock, but purchase-able parts itself implicitly encouraged you to order multiple times, because you could at least know what you wanted to check for in another order. Now it'll be difficult to even know what might ultimately be in stock, since the system effectively treats "purchase-able but out of stock" and "non purchase-able" parts the same way to us end users!

Personally I'll just keep following this thread because we have a good pool of active B&Pers to report on what's purchase-able, but I'm not going to bang my head against the wall continually searching parts I want that might never show up.

4 hours ago, The Reader said:

Yeah, that sucks indeed. It makes the new system almost useless. It was very handy to see OOS parts that are at least theoretically available so that you could put them on your wish list. But now - you have to search the instructions to see all parts which are in a set.

Exactly. There were already other better places to see a set's FULL inventory (and actually you can browse the Missing Parts site to see the full thing online), but you could make your own private B&P wishlist if you at least know what would ultimately be available.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

To be slightly devil's advocate, B&P's shipping rate and lack of a handling fee for the US and parts of Europe was always absurdly low, especially for a service where actual people making Danish wages had to hand-pick every order. I mean of course it was great, and LEGO is a massive corporation that doesn't need any excuses from us and doesn't need to push all of its real costs off onto consumers, but it was still an unreasonably low fee.

42 minutes ago, Dadster said:

Oh that sounds like dirty pool…. Prices should have been “grandfathered”/ locked in IMO if this order was placed prior to the change. 

If they'd changed the prices on an order that was already placed that'd be dirty, but this was about changing the prices of things just sitting in a cart. That's reasonable to update.

Received order from Dec 21st today. I don't recall ordering this part. Do remember searching for it but either it wasn't offered or was too expensive. I searched by set # today and it doesn't appear at all

5 of these arrived with my order and I don't see it on my receipt/invoice. Checking to see if it was added to my order by accident OR if it was mistakenly substituted for parts I did order. 

From set 43189

51868765666_7e0c6cf03a.jpg20220207_183215 by ponderingzissou, on Flickr

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be slightly devil's advocate, B&P's shipping rate and lack of a handling fee for the US and parts of Europe was always absurdly low, especially for a service where actual people making Danish wages had to hand-pick every order.

I was assuming the handling costs were included in the part's price. But true, the shipping costs were low.

What's still missing is a price reduction on quantity, though.

Edit: I'm test-driving the french one (since it hasn't changed yet here), I'm finding that the prices have generally decreased (a little). However, god it's awful to search for parts now.
Like, try to look for design ID 41682. It's just nowhere to be found, invisible. And unlike many parts, that one has only one design ID.
But it's there, if you look for a full part ID, like 6250019, it will find it. Only it's not a part ID that you will find easily, except on Brickset, and.. the old B&P.. But Bricklink doesn't even list those.

But even when it works it's tedious, it seriously need a entry or switch to go straight to the design ID, like B&P.
God, type 41682 on Aliexpress and it will show it and just that - but not on Lego's own shop!

But as for the prices I don't think they lied about them generally reduced, I think it's gonna be better for MOCers who need lots of common parts, and that it's gonna suck for collectors. And it kinda makes sense, as for handling costs. No one orders one 5 cents part but most people will order one horse.

Edited by anothergol

Anyone is knowing for which dates Lego is sending the current B&P orders? I was ordering on the 25th of December and this was recently sended out. When I called Lego, they were telling to me that they are not supposed to say which day the warehouse in denmark is now packing.

Edited by Don Neimoidte de la Mancha

The horse from set 60327 is now €11,68 and available in the Netherlands. However, the horse from the Blacksmith is still €5,40 (and also available). 

Thanks to you yesterday I was able to order horses at the old price.
Today they are sold-out and I fear they will soon have the new price.