Sign in to follow this  
Gabor

Catamaran Sailboat

Hello! :classic:

I'm sure, that everyone has already heard about that technique, when we use only 1x2 plates or bricks to creat curves. I wanted to try it, too. The result is here with 100+ 1x2 bricks, 50+ 1x2 plates and a fully detailed interior!

At first please look at my previous sailboat. It was interesting to see the difference between them. In the old one there are a boat hull of a Lego set. Now it was very cool that I didn't have fixed dimensions!

The boat has some interesting features and building techniques. My favourite one is the brickbuilt mast. There are four sections in it:

-2x2 round bricks

-1x1 bricks with stud on four sides and 1x1 round plates with holes on the studs, covered by 1x8 tiles

-1x1 high bricks

-1x1 round bricks

Fortunately all of the elements has hole, so it was possible to put technic axles and bars or rigid hoses into them. So the fragility of the mast disappeared!

More pictures on its MOCpage!

Hope you like it! :classic:

1446297505m_SPLASH.jpg1446296967m_SPLASH.jpg1446296952m_SPLASH.jpg1446297041m_SPLASH.jpg1446297022m_SPLASH.jpg1446297064m_SPLASH.jpg

1446297180m_SPLASH.jpg1446297202m_SPLASH.jpg1446297212m_SPLASH.jpg1446297218m_SPLASH.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

Edited by Gabor

Really tidy build, and nice interior, love the way you have done the bunks inside the boat, with the turned back duvet covers.

One tiny thing, you have trans red 1 x 1 tiles on the corners of the boat, I'd change the right hand ones of trans green if this exists, so they look like navigation lights. and the one on the top of the mast should be white (anchor light) but still these are minor things, it looks great!

Edited by paul_delahaye

Fantastic build! Great shaping, I especially love the idea of having panels as railing or bulwark - you get some elegant lines with that. The interior is amazing, too, lots of play features.

Now this is something for the LEGO Yacht Club, I guess ... :wink: What's her name btw.? Plus I guess she needs a national flag at the rear.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it! :classic: I was very happy when I found out this technique with the panels.

@paul_delahaye: You are right about the lights, next time, if I build a ship, I will pay attention to it! Thanks! :classic:

@ER0L: Thanks my friend! :classic: Soon I will upload it to Flickr, too and it will go to the LEGO Yacht Club with me on the deck! :wink: She hasn't got a name yet, I'll give her a name, if I start my journey around the world with she!

Wow! She's beautiful! :sweet::classic: You've definitely done an amazing job here, and inspired me to build one of my own sometime! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now this is something for the LEGO Yacht Club, I guess ... :wink:

I agree wholeheartedly EROL!

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Soon I will upload it to Flickr, too and it will go to the LEGO Yacht Club with me on the deck!

Glad to see you're already a member. Hopefully there'll be some more yachts in the future!

Like the way you've managed to seamlessly build around the curved hulls - both at the front and rear, and the way the decking fits into those corner panel pieces. Genius.