This is great, especially that outrigger design. You're packing a lot of functionality into a smaller scale than a typical mobile crane.

I really am liking this model but for some reason the superstructure just looks off to me. Can you try making the top white part red with a white stripe? You don't have to but it just looks like the colors are built for another crane. I know you are doing the best you can because of This piece being only in yellow and white. Just my opinion :sweet:

Thanks for your thoughts. In a perfect world the lower half of this truck would be full red, and the upper half full white. And then i would put some fire brigade stickers on it.

There is something about that superstructure that makes it look not quite right for me. I can't relly name it but it's more apparent now when it's completed. Maybe it's the crane cabin with it's shape. Or these white wedge panels. Just somehow the entire section doesn't match the rest of the truck, whic is very well made in that Kenworth style.

Effe... I liked that older outridgers with white stripes more... they added more colorisation... looked better IMHO... the superstructure needs redesign... but that's just my ideas... I know how hard is to put a lot of components like motors and IR receivers in defined space... I like your Kenworth although very much... :) Maybe you must not to hide everything to give the superstructure lighter look...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Max, this is the most compact uppercarriage which i have build for a rc mobile crane till now. look on all 42009 mods which have a very large and bulky superstructure and then tell me where i can save space.

almost forgotten, the video is up

Thanks for the video and this is definitely a beast of its kind :)

That 42042 looks very different ;)

Thank you very much

Yes i have modified some things on the 42042

Hoping to see a video and perhaps a how to guide of MOD :)

Effe.... OK, I understand it with superstructure... That were just my thoughts... :)

Thanx for video... Really great work from you... I like it... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hi Effe,

allthough i don't like this studless technic designs very much, i have to tell, that this is really an excelent technic model ! :thumbup:

Functions in space 10 of 10 points

technic creativity 10 of 10

Playability 10 of 10

true to original I don't know many Kenworth-Trucks, but it looks very genuine

Youre very far ahead with this one ! :classic:

The last 30 seconds of the video are great but I think you need a much wider shot to show off the rest of the crane.

I have to say this looks pretty great. It really looks like a heavy-duty truck. Also, I don't know if such a truck actually exist, but it looks very credible. I could see something like this running around on our highways.

I also like how you used most of the competition's time and seem to be done well on time. So nice planning there :)

There are a few things I like a bit less, but these are minor concerns.

• The wheels look a bit small in comparison. But this might be because it's a truck-based crane, not a mobile crane.
  • The second thing is that the outriggers look a bit "messy" with all the connectors, while the rest of the truck is very clean with beams and panels. But this is probably mainly because the rest of the truck looks so nice.
  • Lastly I'm not fully convinced by the stepped stripe on the cabin, but I realize the only way around this would be either a change in design, or use studded bricks which would be out of style. I might have chosen the same approach as you, I don't know.

I do really like the front wheel arches using a bit of studded bricks. The whole coloring is also very nice, I like the gray and red color scheme with the white stripes and black details (windscreen, grille), it works really well.