Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

The Aestwäld Saga (2)

Chapter 1

Alric was in the study, speaking about the soldiers wage with his general, when he heard commotion outside.

20939418064_f20a5856a3_k.jpg

A guard entered, pushing a young, armed woman before him. Now Alric got a better look at her, he saw that she was more a girl with a too large sword.

21535984826_dc3736de20_k.jpg

"My Lord Count, my Lord General, this woman absolutely wanted to speak with you. She wouldn't drink, eat or rest before that."

"Say what you have to, lady."

"Thank you, m'lord...

It's...

I'm coming from the east, m'lord...

And it's hordes... Hundreds...

And they 'ttacked...

Noone's save over there, m'lord...

I'm so sorry about you wife, but they said someone'd to give thou a message...

Said I was too small to fight...

Bu your wife, m'lord..."

"Yes, what's with my wife? Speak up, girl!", Alric bursted out. His general jumped in: "Everything will be allright, Mylord. But let the girl tell here story, and give her the time to make sense."

21374333798_cdccb84736_k.jpg

Alric, angry at himself for becoming angry at someone he had sworn to protect and clearly hadn't, went to the shelfs and searched a map of the east, while his general talked with the girl and managed to get a comprehensible story out of her.

21550939942_79a854392d_k.jpg

"Well, you can call me Cath. I'm the daughter of the local smith in a village near the ruins of Aestwäld.

Your lady was visiting our town, to buy some of my mothers chandles," a bit of pride in her voice, "when we heard noise outside the chandlery. One of her guards went to look, but when he didn't return, my mother took command. She sent my father to watch the door, together with his sword-my dad's the best swordsmen of the village, m'lord. Even old Druin sais that, and he learned me to fence." Again that bit of pride."While dad wathched the door, the shouts increased, and we heard the banging of steel on armor. My mother said it was our duty to defend your wife, since you are a good lord and reasonable with the taxes... So when the door clanged open and my father had to face three men in red and black armor, clearly not your men, she said i should take the backdoor and warn you of the danger... She said that when i followed the ways west, I would always reach your keep, m'lord..."

21374335378_47e77e8f3a_k.jpg

Alric immediatly started to organize an expedition:

"My lord general, assemble a company of your finest men, with you at their head. We need to be able to ride out by tomorrow morning."

Against the guard he said: "Send messages to Lord Beorthan. If he takes a small force from the east, and we come from the west, we can crush any resistance."

Against the girl-Cath- he said: "Get something to eat in the kitchen, and make sure you're rested. You'll be our guide in the morning."

Aigainst himself:"I'll regulate the keep. Tomorrow I'll leave with you. Noone takes my wife from me unharmed!!!"

----------------------------------

Thank you for reading all this stuff. It wasn't my purpose to get another build up this soon, but I got some spare time yesterday evening, and here it is!

Comments are of course very welcome, I'm gratefull for the encouraging posts on the first chapter. And I hope you're enjoying the story. In every case: I do!

@People who are folowing this because of the ancient artefacts in the first chapter: they will return in chapter 4 or 5

Additional pics, figless:

21375276239_039b9e1877_k.jpg

21562199385_70036e4f6d_k.jpg

Edited by TitusV

This looks very nice! Great work on the walls and floor. Also the bookshelves are cool. The only thing I don't really like is the doorway, with the tiles all over the place. But as I said, great work!

The floor, archway and walls look realistic, a somewhat less common technique for the table, nice build :thumbup:

Comments are of course very welcome, I'm grateful for the encouraging posts on the first chapter.

@People who are folowing this because of the ancient artefacts in the first chapter: they will return in chapter 4 or 5

Don't worry, I'll follow the other chapters too :wink: Great to hear there is more ancient goodness on the way!

I really like your interior builds, TitusV! The wall texturing here is brilliant, and the interior details are nice. Further, you manage to tell quite a lot of story from a relatively simple build, without making it feeling crammed. Overall great work! :thumbup:

I do, however, agree somewhat with Alfadas - the arch looks a little busy. My suggestion would be to try 1x1 tiles instead.

As to the story, I am certain Beorthan will not look kindly to anyone attacking his allies. Especially not since they appear to be coming from the east, which seems to indicate they travelled through territory under his control! The main hostage being his own niece probably helps too! :damn:

Will be looking forward to following the story further!

Great work on the walls! The section right above the doorway is also really nice and I like the way you did the bookshelves! :thumbup:

Very nice build Titus, the wall texturing and floor are excellent, and great work with the table and bookshelf design as well! Looking forward to the continuation of the story!