kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

What a cool set! This is the third largest LEGO set released, yes? Most impressive.

My only concern is that there is no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom. Ick.

Here are over 27 photos on Brickset from the official FB posting.

http://brickset.com/...se-Headquarters

* Sergio's design allowed for the Ecto-1 by reserving 20x8 pixels, so that can also be used to judge how much room you'd need to store the Ecto-1. Looking at the set and counting the pixels it looks like it is possible but will be a very tight fit to fit the Ecto-1 (unmodified so mine won't fit) into the Firehouse without moving any furniture or modding the design (all else fails only the toolbox looks like it'd need moved)

Yes...good point , considering the opening circle of the main gates, which would be opened inner side, It seems very tight or cannot open the main gates when Ecto-1 is in the garage. (Ground floor)

Edited by jaesroe

Stratford or Shepherd Bush? :grin:

Haha I wish... I've landed myself a job and as a student I am still living rent free in the comfort of my parents house. That means no bills, and plenty of money to spend on Lego. The only downside is running out of room to display the sets (still can't find any shelve space for all of this years Super hero sets and the Kwik e mart); it doesn't help to say I won't be able to display my Christmas buys of the Death Star and this firehouse unless I have a spring cleaning :laugh:.

Back on topic though, I love some of the little details in this set, the Stay Puft game console makes it for me. :classic:

Man, this thing looks so awesome. I think LEGO did an incredible job. It'll be the first set over ~$100 that I've ever bought.

I shrunk my Ecto-1 a while ago, to a 20x6 footprint so it looked better on road baseplates and scaled with some other stuff I had. Looks like I'll be able to park just fine as-is with furniture (although it'll block the doors from opening and closing, but I'm mostly cool with that).

It looks wonderful. I'm amazed they were able to bring us such a huge set for "only" $349.99 USD - still very expensive, of course, but certainly worth it.

The lack of tiles is understandable; it's already a 4634-piece monster, for "only" $349.99. Adding enough tiles to fully cover all the flooding would surely force them to bump up the cost. The stickers are a bigger disappointment, but I think it probably can't be helped given this build at this price.

Is that firepole a new piece? I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Nice to see so many nods to both movies here! It would have been perfectly fine if it had represented just the original, but including things like the toaster on the pool table is really going the extra mile to make it more comprehensive.

I'll pass on this set. I can't justify spending EUR 350 on a set that 1. doesn't really fit Ecto 1 inside, 2. doesn't use tiles for the floors and 3. uses stickers! Also I'm not a fan of these opening mechanisms Marcos loves to do, for me it destroyed the Simpsons House, the Kwik-E-Mart and now the Ghostbusters HQ. Sorry I have to say that but I don't like Marcos style.

Oooh impressive! Though i must admit i think there are too many stickers (i mean stickers on tiles look real cheap), and maybe the biggest flaw is the sticker for the GBlogo that should have been a print no matter what.

I can live without the missing tiles, but it would've been looking more perfect if they were there.

Anyway, i want it.

Now the hard part, to get my girl to understand why i have to buy this :-s

And kudos to the designer. He did well.

edit: i think i like the librarian best. She freaked me out back in the eighties

Edited by Borex

The interior looks pretty darn good to me, so many great details. I love how we even get the dark room from GB2, never thought we'd see that.

The only things I would have changed is (like many have said) the number of stickers and the kitchen, which doesn't really look like that in the movie. It's understandable though because once you've added the table and the chairs, there isn't a lot of space left in the room for a lot of other stuff. It's pretty cool to see that even the stove made it to the final product, great attention to details.

I wish it came with EPA guy Walter Peck, anyone have a good idea for a purist version of him?

You could use Jor-El's head or one of the Lake-town guards'. Episode II and III Obi-Wans could maybe work too I guess. As for the body, I'd probably go with president Business or one of the regular Lego city suits.

* Luis has a two sided head, as it appears almost all the minifigures do.

But I see 3 different faces: 1 normal one, 1 with a strap for the helmet-thing and 1 with red eyes which appeared on the original picture.

Edited by Elrond

I wish it came with EPA guy Walter Peck, anyone have a good idea for a purist version of him?

Here's mine - And how many ghosts have you caught, Mr. Venkman? Qui-Gon head, brown hair, and any suit you can come across.

But I see 3 different faces: 1 normal one, 1 with a strap for the helmet-thing and 1 with red eyes which appeared on the original picture.

He has two heads. One double-sided for possessed and happy, and one single-sided, to be used with the scanning helmet.

Seems like a very nice set to me. There's an awful lot of interesting things going on inside, and I think it improves the overall set. I wasn't sold on it from just the exterior (which like the source building itself, is unfortunately rather plain; can't do anything about that), but the interior makes it worth the price.

I don't mind the stickers one bit; they greatly enhance the build. It's ridiculous to expect Lego to have printed every single image in the set--it's just not cost effective whatsoever--I wish that complaint would die (it never will though, not for any set that uses stickers).

Best of all, it includes Marcos' signature fire extinguisher--man knows the importance of fire safety!

Oooh impressive! Though i must admit i think there are too many stickers (i mean stickers on tiles look real cheap), and maybe the biggest flaw is the sticker for the GBlogo that should have been a print no matter what.

I agree. That's such a signature item for the building, it *should* have been printed. I don't apply any stickers to my sets, so now there will be just a white sign. Oh well...

Nice design but not so impressive. I guess if you already own the Ecto-1, you put it on the roof. 42%20ducks%20sur%20un%20mur.gif?f-ed=1

Modular Buildings here I come - somehow I must be happy that this set doesn't appeal to me - I can buy 10251 Brick Bank now and maybe even the DO. For me the Modular Buildings are a step over this set - another plus is how they can be opened, I wonder what is so difficult to use the same technice with sets like this? Sergio's version of the Firehouse HQ is sooo great, I wish they released that version instead - this one is a simple letdown, again I'm speaking of me!

Wow, what a great looking set :wub: Marcos has designed a lot of fantastic sets, but this might be his crowning achievement :thumbup: The amount of details is simply stunning and the minifigs are ace as well :sweet: There's only one tiny little thing that bothers me: why use that silly old pizza print instead of the far superior CMF one? :grin:

He has two heads. One double-sided for possessed and happy, and one single-sided, to be used with the scanning helmet.

Oh, that's nice.

Damn, where am I going to store this giant thing?

Modular Buildings here I come - somehow I must be happy that this set doesn't appeal to me - I can buy 10251 Brick Bank now and maybe even the DO. For me the Modular Buildings are a step over this set - another plus is how they can be opened, I wonder what is so difficult to use the same technice with sets like this? Sergio's version of the Firehouse HQ is sooo great, I wish they released that version instead - this one is a simple letdown, again I'm speaking of me!

Again indeed. This is the at least the third time you express reservations about this set.

And yes, the modulars are fantastic, but they do not have fully tiled floors either (only the ground floor of some of them is tiled), and with the way they open it is very hard to get your hands inside to rearrange anything, which was fine for the earlier ones with minimal interiors, up to the Pet Shop, but kind of a pain with highly detailed and cramped interiors of the Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, and I assume the Brick Bank.