kelceycoe

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters Discussion

With Marcos Bessa working on this model, I guess this means that there won't be another D2C Simpsons set next year, since he did both the Simpsons house and the Kwik-e-mart. Bugger.

*unintelligible screaming of joy*

That Library Ghost is my new favorite minifigure. It's nice to see that hair on two minifigures in this set! Dana, Louis, Janine, and the Zombie Taxi Driver also look great, as do Slimer and the smaller ghosts. Forget my previous doubts, now I really need this set.

I am curious as to which hair they chose for "calm" Librarian, though.

Well I'm going with the opinion that it looks fantastic. I'm not sure about the need for more detail when it looks exactly as it should. There definitely appears to be two upper floors and that high res image gives the impression that the floors are lifted off rather than hinged although I could be viewing that wrong.

All the figures look fantastic and Louis and Dana look great as well as the zombie cab driver and library ghost. Glad we got Slimer in there too but with Venkman being slimed he had to be!

The high res image definitely makes it look bigger than it does in that released photo anyway!

*oh2*

Wow - they actually went ahead with it. 80s nostalgia on overload! Day 1 purchase without hesitation.

When I saw the first photo from LEGO, I thought "That it? for $350?" Yeah, it looks good and true to both the film and the modular series, but it is very small. Half the size of a modular (footprint) for more than 2x the price. All the figures are completely amazing, i love them. I just find the price a bit outrageous when it seems that most of the 4600+ parts are going to be teeny tiny. Of course, I'll be buying it and playing right into the hands of the execs that say overpricing things will not cause consumers to stop :shrug_oh_well:

And it is gone... or it just does not work in Chrome.

Wow... so many stickers in $350-ish set?

Worked for me, it was just a PNG image.

Where did you see something about stickers? I must have missed that.

When you view the photo in full size you will be able to see them - Ghostbusters sign is a sticker, writing above the gate is a sticker, "One way" sign is a sticker.

When you view the photo in full size you will be able to see them - Ghostbusters sign is a sticker, writing above the gate is a sticker, "One way" sign is a sticker.

I saw those, it doesn't seem like a lot of stickers. The Kwick-E-Mart has over 60.

Zooming in on the pic unquestionably reveals stickers. This should come as no surprise to anyone; I'm more surprised that people are still griping about this. All huge sets have stickers. All. The only lines I can think of that have no stickers (up to now) are Dimensions, Architecture, and Ideas. That's it. It's frustrating that people can't just let it go at this point.

How does the height of this (36 cm) compare to the modular buildings? The more recent ones are all around 25-30 cm, so I'm curious to see how well it fits into a modular street. What do you guys think?

Edited by Gorki247

I saw those, it doesn't seem like a lot of stickers. The Kwick-E-Mart has over 60.

I just believe that at least GB logo (like on Ecto-1) should be a printed piece...

Far more impressed with the High-Res images, and of course all the sweet ghost minifigures. Really iffy on the affordability of this, but I think it's looking good so far.

The interior will be very important however. I do feel the exterior is fairly boring to begin with (which is why I question the need for so many tiny bricks that amount to a plain design; something that easily could be accomplished with bigger bricks anyways), but it may be worth it if the interior is amazing.

The higher detailed picture definitely paints it in a better light. Although, I still don't love the price until I see the interior.

My MOC version at modular scale is definitely smaller than this, so it would be interesting to see how this looks next to others. I do like the pink slime coming up out of the sidewalk, but I don't love the other studs no the sidewalk. I may just finish what I have going since I have the ground floor already done.

Stickers is disappointing. Most modulars don't have stickers. I think just Palace Cinema did because of the transparent window they'd have to print on and the marquee. So not ALL sets have stickers, just most.

It does make you wonder how much of the cost goes to licensing vs how many "molds" they had to use for this since they are usually given a certain amount of changes before they have to finalize. Meaning, stickers are a necessary evil to allow other elements to be included.

The figures look great, but I wonder how much they will be in the aftermarket.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (maybe from J2G) that there was no Simpsons release this year, which certainly could line up with Marcos doing this instead. OR there could be licensing issues OR sales issues with Simpsons...who knows. We will see if they decide to do another minifigure series also. But it sounded like 2016 wouldn't have that.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Half the size of a modular (footprint) for more than 2x the price.

This baseplate footprint of this set is 32x48. Modulars are 32x32. So it's bigger.

If you're talking about the building footprint, then it's 22 x 43 (946 studs sq). For comparison, the Town Hall is about 25 x 32 (800 studs sq).

Zooming in on the pic unquestionably reveals stickers. This should come as no surprise to anyone; I'm more surprised that people are still griping about this. All huge sets have stickers. All. The only lines I can think of that have no stickers (up to now) are Dimensions, Architecture, and Ideas. That's it. It's frustrating that people can't just let it go at this point.

Yeah, I just didn't think that was a lot of stickers or anything unexpected as far as placement. I thought the user meant he saw/read about some huge sticker sheet, but I guess the few in the pic is what he was complaining about. There will surely be more on the interior, so Brace Yourselves! :wink:

It does make you wonder how much of the cost goes to licensing vs how many "molds" they had to use for this since they are usually given a certain amount of changes before they have to finalize. Meaning, stickers are a necessary evil to allow other elements to be included.

In this case, it's recoloring, since there are no exclusive/new molds here.

The new colors for the 'figs are:

Pale lavender hands

White Banshee hair

Dark Brown Banshee hair

Ghost tail

Pink and blue Skreemers

That's just the minifigures.

This baseplate footprint of this set is 32x48. Modulars are 32x32. So it's bigger.

Oh yeah, I guess I was confused by the shape. I even counted and still got it wrong. :blush: I guess I'm not as disapointed now.

I remember in an interview with a Lego designer, where it was said that if you're going to have a sticker sheet anyway, you might as well go all in and use as many stickers as you can. :sceptic:

This definitely looks like a modular design, where the floors are lifted off. There are no shots of the left side or the back, so maybe there are hidden hinges and seams for opening it from the side.

Are those hinges on the left side?

Firehouse.jpg

If you consider adding this to your modular building collection (as I did with the Haunted House), then you essentially have TWO CORNER buildings in one year. Crazy! If you layout your buildings around in a block, then using this building as a corner will be a challenge. This is because the rear extends 16 more blocks than the usual modular and makes it hard to fit another modular next to it. You'll need to use the rear space for a MOC.

Easier is to make this into a middle building and turn the side sidewalks into alleys. I'm already thinking of placing strategic dumpsters and piles of boxes in the alleys to hide the modular-building connector blocks and pins.

Edited by badbob001

I am curious as to which hair they chose for "calm" Librarian, though.

Lego Sumo hair in white?

Pity they didn't make the librarian trans purple

Looking again, I like the building a bit more. This picture makes it look much better. While the colors and detail are limited, it's the inside that really matters. There's lots of posing potential on the roof. I hope there's more slime on the other sides of the building. It should have been solid pink, though.

The first pics were somewhat anticlimatic, but that hi-res pics with more figs reeled me right back in. Looking forward to interior pictures!

Very happy it will arrive in January and not in July, would be great if they did a early VIP release so we could get this before Christmas.