legomilk

Castle sets 2008/2009

This is a great set *wub*

I really like the towers!

I hope this won't be too expensive...

*wub*

It's gonna cost a fortune of that you can be sure, just how much though we wait and see.

852293-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

852293-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

BY THE HOLY 2X4 RED BRICK!! *wub* *wub* *wub* This is too amazing adn beautiful to be true... Somebody kick me, I think I just fainted...

I just hope the price won't be as sky high as the design of the thing, though... I couldn't bear not being able to afford it...

Any idea when it's due out?

Somebody kick me, I think I just fainted...

*kicks yellost* no prob. mate ;-) :-D

I think its really great! But it will be expensive cause it has so much accesoirs ...

BY THE HOLY 2X4 RED BRICK!! *wub* *wub* *wub* This is too amazing adn beautiful to be true... Somebody kick me, I think I just fainted...

I just hope the price won't be as sky high as the design of the thing, though... I couldn't bear not being able to afford it...

Any idea when it's due out?

Again no idea as of yet, i would think September but i could be wrong.

With this and many other sets TLC shows clearly that LEGO reached once more a historical peak. *y*

What a good time to be an AFOL that is.... :'-)

i just recognized there's the building instructions to the dwarf mine defender, the troll battle ship and tower raid already up on lego.com! *y*

Edited by metalandi

*wub* *wub* OH MY GOD. *wub* *wub*

I never thought Lego would make something like this. First the Advent Calendar, then the Battle Packs, now this piece of beauty.....my posts in this thread are sure becoming repetitive... X-D

Shakar

oh my god, now that i saw the details of the siege tower, i think i can say this is the best siege tower lego has ever made. it's just beautiful and it also has great functions. *wub* also the troll ship is great, these 2 are definitely must have sets.

*wub* *wub* OH MY GOD. *wub* *wub*

I never thought Lego would make something like this. First the Advent Calendar, then the Battle Packs, now this piece of beauty.....my posts in this thread are sure becoming repetitive... X-D

Shakar

Welcome to my club Shakar, i just seem to be repeating myself all the time when it comes to the stunning new castle sets *wub*

Welcome to my club Shakar, i just seem to be repeating myself all the time when it comes to the stunning new castle sets *wub*

I am as well, especially the chess set, I have to say I do not think I have got so worked up of a game of chess! X-D

I am as well, especially the chess set, I have to say I do not think I have got so worked up of a game of chess! X-D

So am I too, I LOVE IT! :'-) I probably won't be able to afford it though, looks like Agents, City, and the big Indy 4 set are off my list for this baby! *wub*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

My god that chess set, that can't be the same price as the one already out it's got so much more stuff! Lego hve really pulled out the stops this year and give us great thing that we all want to buy. Though I must ask are they trying to bankrupt me!

*Wonders how many extra shifts he can pick up*

Lol, good one! Perhaps you need to learn from the master... *jabs finger at self* JK! Although I am pretty good... I think. :-/

I wonder why they gave all half the goblins the bronze helmets and half the iron, and both the armor! If anything says 'You, with the bronze helmet! You're not as special as your friends who wear the iron ones!' more than this set does,(Note: This is not a complaint, I think I love this set more than Shakar does... :-P Oh wait: I forgot. No one can love a Castle set more than Shakar does. :-D ) I'd like to see it. (the impulse set excluded ;-) )

Oh...........my.

*wub* *wub*

C'est tres bon! I like it!

Indeed X-O

It's like a UCS Chess set :-D

*wub* *wub*

852293-0000-xx-33-1.jpg

i kinda doubt it is going to be $150. more like $100. it is elaborate, i will give you that, but is it worth $100 more than the current set? given the new parts, i am thinking there is about 500-600 more pieces, so probably $100.

oh, and i guess ogel is no longer a necrophile...he now has willa the witch as queen. :-P

I think the witch is actually the witch from the advant calender. Who knows; with the way things are going maybe we'll see the jester and peasant woman before the holidays too :-$ !

About the price. There are far more than 500-600 pieces given that the chess board itself has 576 tiles on it. this set is far bigger than it appears, so I wouldn't be betting heavily on that $100 price. This one is going to cost us top dollar (and we'll gladly pay with tears in our eyes :'-( )!

Edited by blueandwhite

The chess includes (9x64) 546 tiles 2x2... only with those pieces... you can estimate a total of 120-150 euro.

It's a fantastic chess set. Truly amazing.

Thanks for the extra pics natelite, I love how each corner has a small building for each faction *wub* I can't decide whether to keep this as a chess set, or use the great pieces and minifigs elsewhere. I suppose I'll have to get two :-| :-P

Empty Wallets ON!

I'm personally not very excited about this set. I'm not really an army builder, so buying this set as a minifigure pack, isn't all that appealing. I also don't know many people who play chess, so to me, its usefulness as a chess set is minimal too. Aesthetically, I don't find it very pleasing. It looks too big and crowded, so I can't see using it as a display piece.

Given all that, I'd find it hard to drop $100 on it, when I could put that $100 towards other sets (i.e. Grocer, the whole '08 Castle line-up, PaB, bricklink purchases, etc.). So I'll probably have to pass on this one.

I was more excited about it when I first saw the pictures, then after a couple of hours, I found my feelings had cooled significantly. Maybe I'll feel differently later.

Steve

Thanks for the extra pics natelite, I love how each corner has a small building for each faction *wub* I can't decide whether to keep this as a chess set, or use the great pieces and minifigs elsewhere. I suppose I'll have to get two :-| :-P

Empty Wallets ON!

i am almost certain to keep one as a chess set for display. :-P

initially i was thinking of getting yet another 2007 chess set but after seeing this baby... *wub* *wub* guess i'm going to park my money in the bank account for a few more months. *wub* *wub*

This is a power-house chess set, a dream for all castle lovers. Its so wonderful, with so many useful parts, dwarves, trolls, orcs etc. The chess set is a great layout, the way they do it. Defintely the best chess set of all times :-D

Regarding the Chess set: I damn near crapped my pants at the sight of this set :'-) Must buy along with the Green Grocer X-D

-Chuck

I believe we heard of another special set to be released at the end of next year, just like we got the Castle Advent Calendar. I don't think this will be it though, because I really can not wait 2 years to get my hands on this. And now for my complete analysis of the set. :-D

I love how each corner represents the different factions. One corner has the wooden columns and fences and wheels and golden crystals like the mine. The next has a Castle wall section with the Crownie's flag. Next up we have a wooden barricade with spears jutting out, bearing the sand green flag. Another chain, with spikes, and the troll's banner. Last we have a black tower, with the crystal ball featuring the green 'gem', those bone spikes, a chain, and a giant rib cage encasing the wall.

The sides have a nice pattern, Crownie flags and shields with double-bladed golden axes, with torches in the middle, then switching to scythes and skellie shields (on the opposite side a troll shield). Then at the back of the 'evil' side, we have 2 flails and skellie shields, 2 gold troll scimitars and troll shields, and the black dragon's head topped with 2 flames, all with the black and dark red colour scheme, great for parts. The opposite side featuring 2 gold 'great swords', 2 short double-bladed golden axes, 2 ovoid Crownie shields and 2 dwarf shields. The green dragon's head topped with 2 golden crystals, all this keeping with the blue/gold colour scheme.

I love the evil rooks, they really have that jumbled troll tower/outpost feel to it. The crownie ones make sweet defensive towers too, with the archers on top. Though they do have the wrong helmet. Ah well, I'm not complaining, just look at the rest of the set! The black skellie knight with sword and shield, opposed by the royal knight, the horse with golden armour as opposed to the silver/blue, with a lance topped with gold and blue flags, and a silver 'great sword'. For bishops the humans get our beloved 'good wizard' up on a stand, armed not with his wand, but with lightning! Still, lightning or wand, doesn't really matter when they're up against one dark tan and one sand green ogre/giant troll, both armed with a hefty club! The wizard gets the bat-throne, and the witch gets the, er, pointy throne. The King and Princess both get the same throne, except the king's has a gold pointy bit, which makes it better. Both topped with 2 blue gems each.

And the pawns! Oh rapture! :-D Each one is different! 3 trolls with gold helms and shields, one with a flagged axe, no, halberd. Sorry. One with a silver sword, and one with, er, some pixels? I don't know. I really can't see anything. Is it a little axe or something? I dunno. Anyway, we get 2 armoured trolls with silver-black speckled helms, one with a golden sword, the other with something indiscernible. Both with troll shields. Then 3 normal trolls with silver helms and shields, one with a flagged halberd, one with a mace, and one with a crossbow. Crossbow! That's what the other one must have. Onto the good side, we get a bazillion (8) dwarves! 3 with bronze wingless helms, 1 with a silver crystal and pickaxe, one with a silver sword and dwarf shield, and the other with a dwarf shield and a golden single bladed axe (just a guess there though). 2 golden winged helmed dwarfs, one with a double-bladed golden axe and shield, the other with a shield and another unknown object, perhaps a hammer? Then 3 more dwarfs, this time with silver wingless helms, I can only make out one has a silver sword and shield, one has a shield and a mystery object (again, perhaps a hammer?), and the last has 2 mystery objects. Or nothing. I don't know. and lastly, 2304 studs covered in 576 black and white tiles. Wow.

So, in conclusion: X-O X-O X-O X-O *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* :'-) :'-) :'-) :'-)

I love you, TLC. *wub*

~Peace