Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Henrys Announcement Topic

Finally buckling down to get my votes in today. This is tough. :thumbup:

It's a lot harder than I thought to think of the best villainous NPC; there's been so many great ones that it's hard to whittle down.

What do you mean by "Best PC Figure" and "Best NPC Figure" by the way? Just our favourite PC/NPC?

D'oh, I thought we were allowed to choose from every Quest. I totally misunderstood WBD's answer in the Henrys FAQ.

"What Quests/Events/Characters/Etc. are considered eligible? All events proceeding and including Quest 56 are eligible"

I thought proceeding meant "everything that comes before #56" :blush: . Crap :sceptic: .

Like how the builds look. As in the physical minifigs.

Also, re-reading 88 preparing for a few upcoming quests, and I always forget how reasonable Mint actually is. In the outline he was supposed to be a villain, but when I actually wrote his reasoning I found he wasn't all that bad of a dude... his argument about politics is exceedingly sound, more so than Hamilton's, who was the "good guy".

Sorry, not totally sure how that relates, figured we might as well keep reminiscing in one place.

I actually have that for another category, I think. But it's def a really good one. What are some other twists? Karie joining the Syndicate was one that I was thinking of. I guess some of the brutality of the Baltarok quests could be cool too. Some of the stuff in Pie's quest was really brutal.

Yeah, those are good. My chosen twist was the reveal of the Fearsome Four in #100, and my chosen villain was Melville.

I think I voted the Rat Civil War in Quest 68 as my favorite battle. :laugh:

Was there not a moment that you totally did not see coming in a quest? I had a few. One notable mention that didn't end up getting my vote was Jules being dead before we reached him in 129.

Both moments on my ballot, though I think I put them in different categories. :blush:

That was unexpected! As for villainous npc, there are a bunch in this game, but too often they seem to die before too long, in the Quest I've been in, at least. It's been too long since Guts faced an overarching villain.

Good news, then! I've got some villainous NPCs in the works that, while not necessarily "overarching", have at least one return appearance planned after their Quest. :thumbup:

I need help in the most original/humorous/optimized character categories, myself. :blush:

RE: Best romantic relationship: it was a difficult choice between my two main ships, but I eventually went Dianay over Warliennal. :tongue:

Oh yes, I should probably point out my most humorous moment: Karie trying to seduce the Rogues in Quest 93. :poke:

Edited by Flipz

Oh yes, I should probably point out my most humorous moment: Karie trying to seduce the Rogues in Quest 93. :poke:

... I completely forgot about that. :laugh:

RE: Best romantic relationship: it was a difficult choice between my two main ships, but I eventually went Dianay over Warliennal. :tongue:

I imagine Flipz doing this with his ships, all day, everyday. :poke::sarcasm:

I need help in the most original/humorous/optimized character categories, myself. :blush:

I went with Heckz for most humorous character, and Quintessa for most original character. Not sure about the optimized entry though.

Were either of them ever a thing? Which quests did the second one take place on?

Were either of them ever a thing? Which quests did the second one take place on?

Lind, Warlen, and Annienal are in a love triangle. So far, Lind's still technically ahead of Warlen*, but that lead was somewhat tempered by Lind arriving at the Hall drunk, in what was clearly a very long-in-coming RP moment**, and not just the least incriminating in-universe explanation for what was supposed to be a hilarious disguise***.

Flipz has steadily cheered for Warlen+Annie, whereas I've steadily cheered for Lannie.

It could just be my opinion, but from a solely OoC standpoint, I just don't really think Warlen really meshes with Annie. Annie's the quiet, book-loving type, whereas Warlen is more focused on getting the best gear possible/making himself as strong as possible. Which Lind is also of course doing, but...I don't know. :shrug_confused:

Even though he's often spending a lot of that time arguing with them****, Lind spends a lot more time interacting with other people. Warlen...doesn't, from what I've seen. He interacts, but...He doesn't get quite as emotionally involved.

*Having kissed Annienal.

**Go back over all...three quests. Multiple times, Lind's turned down alcohol in favor of water. Clearly long-in-coming character development. Clearly.

***Someone really needs to add "Global Accents" to the Library... :hmpf_bad:

****Which I'm trying to tone down. Ending of #138***** was really getting close to how I'm trying to play Lind.

*****Speaking of which, is anyone ever going to post the side-quests from #138?

I'd vote for Quintessa for most original if we didn't already have some ex-royalty in the hall. :look::devil::laugh:

Most optimized is really tough for me. Guts, Hoke, or even Arthur would all be good bets. I don't know, though. Atramor as well? Sarge? Maybe even Hybros. I think Dragoon and Marauder are both just superb classes.

*snip*

But then again...Lind didn't really act that differently from Warlen in #138. Except for the end, he was kind of distant also...

I think I need to spend some time making sure the character I am playing, is like the character I think I'm playing... :sceptic:

I'd vote for Quintessa for most original if we didn't already have some ex-royalty in the hall. :look::devil::laugh:

Most optimized is really tough for me. Guts, Hoke, or even Arthur would all be good bets. I don't know, though. Atramor as well? Sarge? Maybe even Hybros. I think Dragoon and Marauder are both just superb classes.

Arthur and Hoke are optimized for their classes, whereas Guts seemed to be optimized for best class transition...

Tough question.

Don't forget about Althior and Docken. The former is probably the highest consistent damage output character (maybe besides Namyrra) and the latter is the best at damage reduction. Arthur and Hoke have good sets of high SP artifacts, but Docken's build is much more optimized. Blinding ranged weapon + halved Free Hit damage + immunities + Nimble + restoration. Although Arthur has a really nice set of weapons as well, especially for Dragoon and its limited weapon suitability.

It's also nice/funny to see that Hybros isn't viewed as OP anymore, if he ever was. :grin: Though I still have a high damage output with Marauder, the Alchemist build with the Kjor Tongue was pretty good for healing and the Chi Monk build was hard to take down. I'll have something similar to that last one in the future. :wink:

I've kitted Atramor out to switch classes as often as I want with no drawbacks. He uses one of the most common weapon classes and all of his artifacts can be worn by anyone.

Lind, Warlen, and Annienal are in a love triangle. So far, Lind's still technically ahead of Warlen*, but that lead was somewhat tempered by Lind arriving at the Hall drunk, in what was clearly a very long-in-coming RP moment**, and not just the least incriminating in-universe explanation for what was supposed to be a hilarious disguise***.

Flipz has steadily cheered for Warlen+Annie, whereas I've steadily cheered for Lannie.

It could just be my opinion, but from a solely OoC standpoint, I just don't really think Warlen really meshes with Annie. Annie's the quiet, book-loving type, whereas Warlen is more focused on getting the best gear possible/making himself as strong as possible. Which Lind is also of course doing, but...I don't know. :shrug_confused:

Even though he's often spending a lot of that time arguing with them****, Lind spends a lot more time interacting with other people. Warlen...doesn't, from what I've seen. He interacts, but...He doesn't get quite as emotionally involved.

*Having kissed Annienal.

**Go back over all...three quests. Multiple times, Lind's turned down alcohol in favor of water. Clearly long-in-coming character development. Clearly.

***Someone really needs to add "Global Accents" to the Library... :hmpf_bad:

****Which I'm trying to tone down. Ending of #138***** was really getting close to how I'm trying to play Lind.

*****Speaking of which, is anyone ever going to post the side-quests from #138?

I don't think Lind and Annienal have ever been on a quest together. :look: The Warlen/Annienal ship is cool because their relationship is taking a tremendous amount of time, which is great to see. We've seen them go on a host of quests together as Warlen has changed and shifted we've seen Annie's reactions to that which is neat. Too often people rush into these type of relationships in RPG's because they think it'll lend some special quality to their character and they end up having their character defined by this relationship, it becomes more of an obsession than a love. :sceptic:

I couldn't vote a dragoon for most optimised, because Jump Hit means you can't reliably take free hits. And Docken's build hasn't changed much since he won "most optimised" last year :laugh:

For Best Battle I put the taxidermy battle of #93, because it was super simple and still challenging, just because there were 21 enemies with different stats, plus all the enemies were reused from other places, so it had continuity with the rest of the gameworld.

Most humorous moment was just #122.

Antagonist NPC I'm thinking maybe I'll vote Thistlethorp.

Lind, Warlen, and Annienal are in a love triangle. So far, Lind's still technically ahead of Warlen*,

*Having kissed Annienal.

Maybe it's just how I'm reading it, but it seems like Annienal's been consistently uncomfortable with Lind, but yet he pushes her anyway. At the very least, it was specifically mentioned that Lind's kiss made her uncomfortable, so I'm not sure why some people keep seeing it as a grand romantic gesture instead of a rebuffed advance at best (or a creepy squick moment at worst). :look: By contrast, Annie's roleplaying has clearly indicated she feels at least some level of affection for Warlen, albeit not necessarily romantic.

(That, by the way, is the big reason I went Dianay instead of Warlienal--though both are still in early stages, Dianay seems to be a little bit further along, with Diana's feelings toward Kiray eminently clear (at least from my perspective :blush: ) and Kiray consistently remembering Diana with some affection (again, romantic or otherwise) every time she's met a new Wolfgang member or Assassin (which, by the way, I think it's really cool that every single Quest Kiray's been on has involved the Wolfgang, Assassins, or both--it's one of those happy coincidences that develops the character without having to do any planning ahead at all, and now I think I may have to do a Theatre post on this topic. :blush: ).

I don't think Lind and Annienal have ever been on a quest together. :look: The Warlen/Annienal ship is cool because their relationship is taking a tremendous amount of time, which is great to see. We've seen them go on a host of quests together as Warlen has changed and shifted we've seen Annie's reactions to that which is neat. Too often people rush into these type of relationships in RPG's because they think it'll lend some special quality to their character and they end up having their character defined by this relationship, it becomes more of an obsession than a love. :sceptic:

Well put, Water-ninja Down. :thumbup::poke:

Finally got that ballot in!

As for 138 sidequests, if previous quests should have taught you anything, I'm very bad with remembering to post those (that, and it's a massive pain in the ass.) Hopefully soon.

I've kitted Atramor out to switch classes as often as I want with no drawbacks. He uses one of the most common weapon classes and all of his artifacts can be worn by anyone.

Yeah, if I'm being honest, Atramor takes the cake in optimization. I think I just keep forgetting the 132 Heroes exist for whatever reason. :wacko::blush:

That said, I'm surprised more people aren't screaming about Arthur's OP-ness. I've literally perfected a build where literally every upgrade I make is "2+ for the price of 1"--my Dauntlet Index for Humanoids, my Spider Leg for Flying, my Shadeaux Cloak/Tin Armor for SP, etc. Plus, Zepher gave me this awesome Dragon ability for Miirym, one that'll upgrade over time to boot. It's not nearly as optimized as Pie's "I play whatever class I want" strategy, but I don't think I'd want to try to balance for post-139 Arthur. :blush:

(that, and it's a massive pain in the ass.)

Quoted for truth. :blush:

Maybe it's just how I'm reading it, but it seems like Annienal's been consistently uncomfortable with Lind, but yet he pushes her anyway. At the very least, it was specifically mentioned that Lind's kiss made her uncomfortable, so I'm not sure why some people keep seeing it as a grand romantic gesture instead of a rebuffed advance at best (or a creepy squick moment at worst). :look: By contrast, Annie's roleplaying has clearly indicated she feels at least some level of affection for Warlen, albeit not necessarily romantic.

Hmm... I thought Kinto was saying she felt uncertain inside as to how she felt about it... :sceptic:

I don't think Lind and Annienal have ever been on a quest together. :look: The Warlen/Annienal ship is cool because their relationship is taking a tremendous amount of time, which is great to see. We've seen them go on a host of quests together as Warlen has changed

It's probably because of my taking a break there, but how has Warlen changed? He seems about the same as he was before my break, except that he suddenly had a vendetta against Vorpalis... :look:
and shifted we've seen Annie's reactions to that which is neat. Too often people rush into these type of relationships in RPG's because they think it'll lend some special quality to their character and they end up having their character defined by this relationship, it becomes more of an obsession than a love. :sceptic:

That's a good point...

I imagine Flipz doing this with his ships, all day, everyday. :poke::sarcasm:

You ever doubted this? :poke:

Zeph, I'm glad you brought up Quest #70. Forgot what an awesome party that was, and that was one of the categories I needed to fill. :thumbup:

Obsession happens in real life! I like it! If Lind wants to think of it as love, that will make it all the more real. :thumbup:

Zeph, I'm glad you brought up Quest #70. Forgot what an awesome party that was, and that was one of the categories I needed to fill. :thumbup:

I voting for it as my favorite stand-alone quest. As far as fun I've had at this RPG, that still takes the cake I think.

Masson's relationship with Karie is actually a deconstruction of the "obsession" thing - his obsession shifted from his suicidal work ethic to Karie. The weirdest thing is that it worked out, kinda... :look:

I voting for it as my favorite stand-alone quest. As far as fun I've had at this RPG, that still takes the cake I think.

I remember you saying it was your second favorite, what happened? :poke:

Edited by Endgame

To what?? I can't even remember that far back. Let me check my ballot and make sure I'm not lying. :laugh:

To what?? I can't even remember that far back. Let me check my ballot and make sure I'm not lying. :laugh:

You said it in the QM Lounge, if memory serves (which it does for the most trivial things, apparently) - I have no idea, honestly. :laugh: I think it may be "out of date" for this ballot, though. :poke:

70's my favourite too. :blush: I honestly can't remember a quest, both that I've been on or otherwise, that had that much tension or paranoia than The Syndicate. :sweet:

I have #130 locked in (can we even vote for a Quest that isn't finished? :look:) for a truly superb use of asynchronous storyletting, but I'm reeeeeally tempted to jump bandwagon to 70. :blush:

My problem is, I have a lot of favorites among what Arthur's been on--38 (inelligible), 51 (inelligible), 70, 120, 125, all fantastic Quests, all were amazingly fun, all competing for one spot. :laugh:

Which is not to say the others weren't good, or even great, they just weren't "oh yeah, holy cow that was awesome" material (92 and 99 come to mind as "great, but not WOW"-tier). Actually, in truth I should probably move 125 down to this tier due to the slightly-lackluster party dynamic (it still baffles me why it didn't go ten times as far as it did :wacko: ), but it's selfishly in my favorites for the ending and the reinforcement of Arthur being a Ziegfried. :blush:

Edited by Flipz