Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

7 hours ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

So the Santa Sleigh goes on sale 1st October, sadly no Christmas's GWP available at the same time.

I'm holding out for the GWP this year, but are there any news when they will appear? As I remember, its usually in december.. Thats a long wait 😂

19 minutes ago, jpx said:

I'm holding out for the GWP this year, but are there any news when they will appear? As I remember, its usually in december.. Thats a long wait 😂

There's usually one in November for Black Friday and one in December.

I just ordered Santa’s Sleigh but right now it’s back order. It said it will ship on Oct 25th. 

Yay! Ordered the Sleigh (& new Batman Tumbler)

Lego shop UK has them to Add to Bag still, and they also have the Wreath available. 

Well they did when I wrote this....

7 hours ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

Lego shop UK has them to Add to Bag still, and they also have the Wreath available. 

Ordered sleighs!  I didn't see the wreaths listed in U.S. I'll have to go check again.  So excited!  Oh no!  I forgot to get the tumbler, but I just want the little minifig-scale one which I am sure will be in stores.

10 hours ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

What a wreath? 

Dang I had a lot going on today and spaced on the sleigh. Oh well. Hopefully I can grab it at some point.

I think they pegged demand for the sleigh off the winter village sets without realizing the draw of the 4 reindeer and the number of people that would be interested in this for a holiday display that aren't interested in a building.

I would imagine Target will be getting the Sleigh at some point since exclusives are pretty much the norm there now. Anyone has any idea of the usual timeframe? Are they same day as LEGO stores? 

Got one sleigh, plus last years wreath, and one of the Halloween sets.  I am holding out for the double VIP to get the cottage.... fingers crossed.  

WinterVillage.thumb.jpg.826d1d335ac2a06efa7621bd5392ede8.jpgI pulled out my winter village sets today. I usually don't start building it in October, but I have big plans this year and I worry that if I don't start now, I won't have it done by December. I'm planning a 6' x 7' layout (42 base plates) and it should end up being close to 30k pieces.

Edited by Railsplitter

Nice. I don't have nearly enough room for a display that big.

Do you completely break your sets down before storage?

I tend to break mine into big sections and store them in the original boxes.  Makes it a bit quicker to put the buildings back together each year.

What does everyone else do?

I note Lego Store UK have the Sleigh on back order now, and they are also limiting it to one per customer. 

In past years, I would only break down a couple of sets completely and store the rest built. But last year, I broke them all down because most of my enjoyment comes from building them

I managed to get two of the Santa's sleighs at the Legoland Discovery store near me. I don't normally get things as soon as they come out, but it occurred to me that these might not be produced again, like the other small festive sets they do each year, and it's pretty shocking how quickly they're going.

Lego Store [somewhat] near me had some sleigh inventory so managed to get one. It'll be interesting to see if it comes back in stock before December.

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Lego Store [somewhat] near me had some sleigh inventory so managed to get one. It'll be interesting to see if it comes back in stock before December.

For a small time it was back ordered with Oct. 25th as the shipping date. I’m not familiar with ordering that way, but I would assume they’ll be in stock then? I gotta keep an eye out since a friend missed out. 

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Santa's sleighs at the Legoland Discovery store near me. I don't normally get things as soon as they come out

Me neither, but I assumed it would be super popular since a lot of people where planning to get two and I do not expect it to pop up in normal shops anyway, so I bit the bullet and ordered one and some parts on B&P to add more deer.

Looks like TLG finally has understood that if they add a generous amount of animal moulds in a set more people will buy it:pir-huzzah2:

14 hours ago, Vindicare said:

For a small time it was back ordered with Oct. 25th as the shipping date. I’m not familiar with ordering that way, but I would assume they’ll be in stock then? I gotta keep an eye out since a friend missed out. 

When listed as backordered you can place an order with the expectation it will ship on or before the specified date. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be back listed 'in stock' on that date. That will depend on how Lego allocates their inventory, ie: sells as many backorders as sets they plan to produce in the short term. For instance, if they produce 100 sets (simplified) to be ready by the 25th do they sell 100 backorders or do they allocate 50 backorders and 50 to be in stock on the 25th? I don't know the answer to that but I suspect it's the former.

Edited by CDM

21 hours ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

What does everyone else do?

At this stage I keep my completely together and carefully store them in plastic bins. I just don't have time to rebuild the seven sets I have so far each season.  

I am buidling the Christmas tree from Santa’s Visit. It’s very interesting to see a new square base for tree. As I built it, I realized it’s a potted living Christmas tree (not the dead one after it was cut down). I am amazed by this - a few years ago, I heard about Christmas tree business. They allow people rent a potted living Christmas tree for a season. After Christmas, it’s up to renters to plant a tree in backyard or somewhere. It means… reforestation. 

8 hours ago, GarmadonFan said:

At this stage I keep my completely together and carefully store them in plastic bins. I just don't have time to rebuild the seven sets I have so far each season.  

I like to start on Dec 1st & build one a day. I don’t usually build all of them(having all of them), but I build 4-5 typically. 

Bought Santa’s Visit at the Lego Store on Friday - my first Winter Village set. Also got that Seasonal Penguin set as an impulse buy. I think I’ll build my Seasonal Lego stuff around Thanksgiving break to get in this Christmas mood next month.

Santa’s Sleigh also came back in stock earlier today so I was sure to order one.

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if there will be a new theme - a Halloween/Autumn Village?!

That would be awesome!