Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

If it was a safety recall there would be a lot more noise about it with LEGO acting to get everyone who has purchased the unsafe product to return them ASAP.

I am inclined to support the theory that it is some sort of legal issue with one of the figs or a production fault (e.g. wrong pieces ending up in bags or parts being miss-produced) rather than a safety issue. The fact that the sets are still showing up for sale on Shop @ Home for all the countries served from the European warehouse further supports this theory (either a legal issue affecting US supply or a production fault affecting boxes in the US)

In any case I bought all the S15 figs I wanted (Animal Control, 2x Janitor, Jewel Thief, Farmer, 3x Astronaut, Clumsy Guy) already so I dont need to worry about this even if it does end up affecting Australia (although now that I think about it, the helmet on the golden wing guy might be a nice Thor helmet...)

Oh and I have never received an incorrect, missing, broken or bogus part in any of my CMFs (although I did loose the dark brown aviator cap from the S3 pilot somewhere between buying it and getting it into my collection :( )

Edited by jonwil

So for now the turnout will probably be that a fresh batch will be supplied to all store's selling Series 15 and the serie will be continued ?

Seriously hope so as I dont have the money to go rampage collecting. I so desperately need the sharkdude, but more importantly 3-5 astronauts.

My skark has a pretty loose headpiece, but nothing i haven't experienced before with cmf's don't think that would call for a recall

I really wish LEGO sites that are somewhat supposed to be news sites would really stop reporting on speculation and rumors just because S@H USA has the series as sold out. LEGO has had several series as 'sold out' temporarily and they come back in once they get more in. They don't stick 'backordered' on limited edition products.

If they were really being recalled TRU wouldn't still have them on their site, it would be making the news. Has anyone even bothered to email LEGO? Or will we just act like we are in middle school and continue to spread rumors?

Does the wrestling guy not look like David Bowie to anyone else?

I don't think it is a recall... because they would have had to tell someone about it. Likely it is a shortage somehow that a lot of the stores that normally get them received none or reduced quantities.

After reading reactions in social media, it seems this series is selling better than expected, and some stores and S@H USA are running out of supplies

So, I'd say Bricknblue is correct: these just sould out

After reading reactions in social media, it seems this series is selling better than expected, and some stores and S@H USA are running out of supplies

So, I'd say Bricknblue is correct: these just sould out

It's not surprising. The last series didn't seem to sell very well and this series is such a fantastic lineup. Or maybe it's Left Shark. Everyone adores Left Shark.

Edit: Also with my Chicken Suit Guy purchase from TRU, I picked up 2 more Series 15 bags. Got the Janitor and The Faun. 10 more!

Edited by Tech Artist

The series always runs out early, all but Movie series came back in once LEGO makes more. It's only March so I'm certain more will come in.

I have had issues finding series 1-2 and 11 onwards, minus the Simpsons ones oddly. This isn't news, it's not going to help either. I swear it's probably started from some ***hole who bought 20 boxes and wants to get the price up quickly.

I HATE scalpers. People like that BricksOnTheDollar guy, he's got these YT videos called 'Swoops' or something where he goes to stores and grabs handfuls, literally all of the packets, tossing them through the aisles and saying 'Want these? Buy them from my site.' Stuff like that.

I hope I'm able to get the last half of the series....

I HATE scalpers. People like that BricksOnTheDollar guy, he's got these YT videos called 'Swoops' or something where he goes to stores and grabs handfuls, literally all of the packets, tossing them through the aisles and saying 'Want these? Buy them from my site.' Stuff like that.

Oh god, I just googled it. that guy is a jerk.

and this recall this my TRU said that they cant sell them due to a message from lego saying it. he tried to ring it up but it didnt allow him

Oh god, I just googled it. that guy is a jerk.

and this recall this my TRU said that they cant sell them due to a message from lego saying it. he tried to ring it up but it didnt allow him

Yeah that dude is a serious MEGABrick ( pun intended ) ..... I would love if the whole world new how these "scalpers" work their ways and didn't buy anything from them at all. Unfortunately I also know that's not how the world works. :sceptic:

Anyhow, Im going to a LEGO store tomorrow that will be able to share some light on this "happening". At least they use to tell me what's going on.

Yeah that dude is a serious MEGABrick ( pun intended ) ..... I would love if the whole world new how these "scalpers" work their ways and didn't buy anything from them at all. Unfortunately I also know that's not how the world works. :sceptic:

Anyhow, Im going to a LEGO store tomorrow that will be able to share some light on this "happening". At least they use to tell me what's going on.

I read about some one bragging on the lego subreddit. he would go to game stops asked if they had any poly bags from the advengers left over pulled some strings and got them free, the then said he sold them for 20 bucks each and sent a note to his customers along with the figure saying "you know you could have gotten this free at game stop sucker" and then brags about he now has enough for the slave one.

Some time i wish they just get hit by a truck on the way out of the toy store the boxes go flying and all the children who wanted those sets but couldnt get it because the store sold out will flock to the crushed body and take the sets and have fun as he lies there slightly conscious realizing he is a monster.

Edited by pittpenguin123

I just went to get the rest of them

And heck it took me like 1 hour to find the Faun....

But Series 15 is complete now! :laugh:

My body is ready for Series 16! :classic:

I still haven't got the laser mech... I've virtually stopped looking and have started blind buying again, there isn't much in this line up that I wouldn't want a multiple of (at least one part of every figure is kinda useful), although I might hit a tipping point soon.

OMG, what a jerk! I hate people that do that.

Edited by BrickFit26

There is no substance to the rumours of the alleged recall of Series 15 Minifigures.

The only issue that was picked up was that Tesco had apparent problems with the barcode system which should be fixed now.

No IP claim with Left Shark Guy as people have speculated.

Hope that clarifies things!

Source - LEGO Ambassador Network

What a shock there is no meaning to any of the rumors. Ive very thankful Eurobricks didn't bother reporting on the MB.

Certain stores have issues, doesn't mean anything. TRU.com has never stopped selling them.

It's funny how a data entry error in the TESCO computer system morphed into Katy Perry's IP.

It's clear someone heard the word "recall" and thought the worst... Glad to hear it was a misunderstanding...

I'm really loving the Flying Warrior, Frightening Knight and Laser Mech. They're all great army-builders.

However, I'm not a fan of the injection technique used for the Laser Mech's energy sword, but I guess that's more of a concern for the part itself instead of the figure. The amount of white injected seems to differ vastly between Mechs, with some going all the way to the end of the blade, and others barely reaching halfway up the blade... Not a huge concern, but I do wish the technique were more consistent... I don't own any Ninjago sets, but I'm sure the other blade varieties have the same inconsistency.

Now I have all the S15 minifigures and here are some thoughts about them

-The pig seems to be made from a better plastic than the Farmer itself

-The 2 faces in the Animal Control Officer head are not exactly at 180° from each other. I don't know if it is just mine but yeah..

-The Frightening Knight looks much better in person than in pictures

-The printing in the baby's face looks off and it's very noticeable. It's very disappointing

-The Queen and the Faun are just :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Robert8

Out of curiosity, did Walmart stop carrying the CMF line? None of the WM stores around my area have a shelf space for them any longer and none have stocked this series. Has anyone spotted these in Walmart stores recently?

The last CMF series I saw at WM was Simpsons 2...They still had several cases of them out in November, but I haven't seen any CMFs there since then. I live within easy distance of three WMs and it is the same at all three.

Edited by rodiziorobs