Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

Great series, As a single minifigure, I think the Satyr may well be my new favourite of all CMF to date, in terms of this design and the perfect execution of his printing, love it.

From all the new pieces on this series, the Queen's dress outstands for sure. Even more than the Satyr legs, I'd say

I just realized how far they went with CMF S15: New dress piece, new legs piece, new arms and the new baby piece..... My god

Can't wait to see what the CMF line will bring in Series 16 :wub:

Edited by Robert8

From all the new pieces on this series, the Queen's dress outstands for sure. Even more than the Satyr legs, I'd say

I just realized how far they went with CMF S15: New dress piece, new legs piece, new arms and the new baby piece..... My god

+100

Yes. I'm sooo glad they didn't stop making non licensed regular series.

Me also. I do mainly collect licensed minifigures, but the CMFs are a really welcome change for the variety and characters that could not be released without this subtheme.

12 and 13 were both awful series(es?), it's nice to see a good one again. Even the animal patrol officer who I didn't like at first has a really cool alternative face print.

12 and 13 were both awful series(es?), it's nice to see a good one again. Even the animal patrol officer who I didn't like at first has a really cool alternative face print.

Sigh.

In your opinion.

I never judge a series as a whole. If it has an excellent minifigure or two, it's still a great series for giving me a fantastic fig. While S10 might have had the fewest characters I really liked, I think Medusa was enough to make it a "good" series for me, and I still bought several of them. Same with S15, which will rob me of a good deal of money despite not being very exciting initially. Each series is an assortment (even under a theme), so nobody's going to agree. So don't impose your opinions, but stating them is fine.

Edited by 8BrickMario

While I'm always a sucker for new molds, I must say this series' new parts selection is a nice breath of fresh air compared to S12, 13, or 14. Those series' were very headgear-heavy in terms of new parts, but this one actually introduces new parts that aren't headgears for once...

That being said, I'm not sure anyone asked for things like a mophead, a skunk, a mullet, or a baby, so I think Lego is still able to surprise us.

While I'm always a sucker for new molds, I must say this series' new parts selection is a nice breath of fresh air compared to S12, 13, or 14. Those series' were very headgear-heavy in terms of new parts, but this one actually introduces new parts that aren't headgears for once...

That being said, I'm not sure anyone asked for things like a mophead, a skunk, a mullet, or a baby, so I think Lego is still able to surprise us.

Totally agree, while I'm sure TLG do have focus groups etc It seems that they are confident enough to have a long-term plan and stick to it, eventually most people will get what they've been asking for.

In the summer I made a list of all CMF in each series so far, after splitting them into their different categories I was then able to 'fill in the gaps' it terms of obvious missing minifigures and also male/female versions of existing ones.

The following were among those in my list:

Kendo fighter

Shark Suit

Farmer

Classic Astronaut

Satyr

Classic Queen

Ultimate wrestler

I'm interested to see how many of my list are in future series!

My number one favorite keeps changing. It is now the Astronaut. All the printing and the classic look of him from 1 of the very first spacesuit's look amazing.

I think Lego has finally figured out that if it wants to sell more minifigures, it should make more of the popular ones than the unpopular ones, because the latter tends to end up sitting in toystores forever seeing as they are 5 to a box.

But they included 3 Queens and 3 Tribal Woman minifigures per box

Those will be pretty popular for sure

Yes, but if there is only a choice to decide the 'most' popular minifigure to be the distribution ratio of five, then you have to make that choice. I personally felt TLG done the right thing.

Wow, I just noticed the arm printing on the Grim Knight. I might have to get quite a few of him! Though I may switch his helmet to something that shows off his face printing better...

It's a shame the Kendoka doesn't have back print, but he's still an interesting fig for me. I wonder how the S13 Samurai armor looks on him; it's kind of a stretch but the red around the kendo helmet looks like it matches the Samurai's armor somewhat, so it might work even if the main helmet color doesn't match.

Having multiple Kendoka makes me feel like they might fit in with Ninjago as training grunts or something... It feels like they're common because it's cheaper to just bulk-produce katanas since they come with two... Same goes for Clumsy Guy (crutches) and Shark Suit Guy (fin-arms on the torso assembly). It just so happens that those characters are likely to be the most popular with children, especially Left Shark!

Really? Fossil hunter's body parts and headgear, Indian's turban, evil wizrad's robes, the egyptian, the King's body, crown/hair and beard, battle goddess, princess, hun, lifeguard's torso, jester, wizard. And that's just thinking about historical / mythological ones. Add in fantasy and there is the goblin. Add in City and there are some good new figures such as pizza guy, gamer, carpenter, etc. There are so many good figures in S12 and 13, I cannot see how they can be labelled as awful.

But they included 3 Queens and 3 Tribal Woman minifigures per box

Those will be pretty popular for sure

Anything that is a "3" will be desirable anyway. Even if a character is unpopular, making it a 3 drives its desirability.

The algorithm to decide frequency seems to be quite easy to understand, at least for assigning the low frequency ones: Female? 3.

Edited by MAB

The algorithm to decide frequency seems to be quite easy to understand, at least for assigning the low frequency ones: Female? 3.

Yes, which mirrors life, you know where 50% of the population are *so* well represented in politics, panel shows, boardrooms and paypackets. Ho hum.

More female CMFs please.

Yes, which mirrors life, you know where 50% of the population are *so* well represented in politics, panel shows, boardrooms and paypackets. Ho hum.

More female CMFs please.

Politics is not a case, since there is democracy, so if women voted women, we would have a lote of women in politics.

If they aren't, women are to blame as much as men.

Politics is not a case, since there is democracy, so if women voted women, we would have a lote of women in politics.

If they aren't, women are to blame as much as men.

It's not quite that simple (if woman aren't standing for election they cannot be voted for, etc), but that is a whole other debate not for here.

Plus I doubt many people would want generic minifig politicians - they are fairly boring outfits.

At least lego are giving us women a little more frequently now (in variety not number), it is just such a shame that recent history shows that they think they are unpopular in the CMF series. This can be the only explanation that they are giving female characters the less frequent numbers in series. It's not really a problem for someone that buys loads, I have no difficulty getting the characters I want. Fortunately there are a good number of torsos appearing in City sets these days for it not to be too big a deal if you like to mix and match. Again, good for bigger spenders but not great for younger girls wanting to get female characters in minifig (rather than minidoll) form.

I like the way that playmobil do their collectable characters series. They have a girl theme and a boy theme. Of course nothing stops boys buying girls and girls buying boys, but at least a parent can easily choose the gender of the character if they are just buying one.

That being said, I'm not sure anyone asked for things like a mophead

I did ask for it :laugh:

19. Gender: Male

Occupation/print on torso: Janitor

Type of headgear: Moss green cap

Type of facial expression: Smile

Color on torso/legs: Moss green uniform.

Accessory: S10 Decorator's bucket recolored. New mop piece. New "painter's brush" moustache (neckpiece), gray color.

I am just wondering, what is so cool about a zombie businessman that isn't cool about a zombie cheerleader?

I don't get the fascination with zombies at all, but now I see there are preferences and exclusions within the theme and i get it even less.

My son loves the Zombie businessman because he is holding a newspaper that says brains & wearing a suit, a bit like the zombies in the game Plants vs Zombies (who say Braaains a lot)

He gets used as such in his PvZ builds with the Pvz Knex minifigs, because unlike them his joints don't break after a few weeks of play.

There is no Cheerleader in the game, so he has no interest in it.

Doubt that is anyone elses reason for liking the minifig, but that's mine. It has a lot of play value.

Edited by uksuzanne

At least lego are giving us women a little more frequently now (in variety not number), it is just such a shame that recent history shows that they think they are unpopular in the CMF series. This can be the only explanation that they are giving female characters the less frequent numbers in series. It's not really a problem for someone that buys loads, I have no difficulty getting the characters I want. Fortunately there are a good number of torsos appearing in City sets these days for it not to be too big a deal if you like to mix and match. Again, good for bigger spenders but not great for younger girls wanting to get female characters in minifig (rather than minidoll) form.

I think making the females harder to find indicates a greater desirability in their eyes. Figures like Medusa and the Battle Goddess or the Spooky Girl were bound to be popular, so why not make them rarer? While Playmobil's system works to an extent, it might be too much for LEGO to do, especially since female figs are the minority elsewhere.

I think making the females harder to find indicates a greater desirability in their eyes. Figures like Medusa and the Battle Goddess or the Spooky Girl were bound to be popular, so why not make them rarer? While Playmobil's system works to an extent, it might be too much for LEGO to do, especially since female figs are the minority elsewhere.

Because in the CMF designer video they explicitly stated that they try to make the ones they think are going to be popular the most frequent ones. I think that this is the only public statement they have made on frequency (apart from their actions).

Edited by MAB

12 was great for providing a good number of medieval and fantasy characters, plus a nice guy in a costume. 13 was similarly good.

I'm just happy because this is the first series since 13 that I'm really excited about. It's been a year since that one came out.