Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 15 Rumors and Discussion

If true, sounds pretty exciting.

I hope that innovative hot-dog-like minifigure is the Banana Suit Guy.

If it turns out to be something else, I'm hoping he's talking about these legs:

21503315359_f780110bb2_o.png

I am hoping for some image leaks soon. There were leaks at least this far ahead of Series 14.

Edited by x105Black

I am hoping for some image leaks soon. There were leaks at least this far ahead of Series 14.

There is a trend about the leaks for the CMF series

We get almost nothing for the first series of year (January 1 release): S9 first pics came in the November LEGO Club Magazine (Chicken Guy and Mr Good and Evil), we knew nothing about TLM Series until it was revealed on Nov 1st and the first pics for CMF S13 came in the November LEGO Magazine as well (Snake Charmer and Unicorn Girl)

But we get a lot of leaked info or pics for the last series of the year (September/October release): S11 list was unveiled almost a year before the release, S12 list and pics were out in may and we saw 11 minifigures from S14 in january, 8 months before the release date

So, being S15 a january release, I wouldn't expect info anytime soon

Well.... I was reading a french site the other day

And there was this guy "leaking" some details of the minifigures from this series

He didn't provide a proof whatsoever, so I don't think it's trustable information

But he mentioned an animal costumed guy, a minifigure with short legs, a space suit and an innovative minifigure with something never before seen (like the Hot Dog man)

Maybe he was talking about the dress piece :look:

Care to share where you found this?

Care to share where you found this?

You know I've been looking for it for an hour now, but I don't remember how I got there. :grin:

It was more than a month ago

If I find it, I'll post the link here or send it to you via PM :classic:

But the actual AB design for Marie Antoinette doesn't require require a new mould for the dress? The way I interpreted the design its just this...

21879987438_e2c740c411_n.jpgIMG_9048, on Flickr

22067861565_69eacf5f55_n.jpgIMG_9049, on Flickr

22077824291_3465842fcc_n.jpgIMG_9050, on Flickr

(I didn't have a good torso, but I was going for a queen bee effect, other minifigure was for scale)

They could make a new mould but then you don't get the bustle and that dress is all about the bustle.

I don't know if this piece is actually still in production or whether its been printed on (definitely needs good printing) but its not a crazy idea that they would make it?

Edited by BrickOn

It's not exactly a new mold, but it has never been used for this purpose, as far as I can tell.

And there are many different printed versions of the piece. Here's one that's pretty close to our needs:

4744px18.jpg

It's actually a baby's bib. I think that for our purposes, it would need printing on front and back, as well as the sides. I don't think that has been done before, either.

And as someone pointed out above, it would be nice to see it with the raised studs on legs so that a minifigure torso could stay on more securely.

It had to be the 2x4 for the "bow" to fit on it. A 1x4 dress would make the figure look too one-dimensional. Ballgowns are supposed to be poof and take up a lot of space.

It had to be the 2x4 for the "bow" to fit on it. A 1x4 dress would make the figure look too one-dimensional. Ballgowns are supposed to be poof and take up a lot of space.

No, I know, but 2x4 seems a little too much space, is what I mean. Anyway. If they did it with the snake tail, they could probably do it with that.

But he mentioned an animal costumed guy, a minifigure with short legs, a space suit and an innovative minifigure with something never before seen (like the Hot Dog man)

Interesting... In my opinion, these just seem like well-educated guesses, based on patterns that we've seen in past non-themed CMF series.

Animal suit-figures have become a staple of the CMF line, and we already know what Series 15's will be, so old news there.

Is it possible that the Tribal Girl has the short legs? She could be a young girl instead of a woman and still have the possible baby - maybe it's her little brother or something? Regardless, there is usually 1 figure per series that doesn't have the normal minifigure legs, so this is not a surprise.

Space suit? This is vague, and also unsurprising, considering we had nothing closely related to space themes in SS2 and S14, and LEGO will probably try to make up for that in S15. If this is really the truth, I wonder if it is a modern-day Astronaut or something more futuristic, or maybe something from retro Sci-Fi.

"Innovative" and "never-before-seen" are also vague terms, but I'm thinking the guy meant it was something that has never been made into a minifigure. It could be argued that this is the Satyr, but it could be anything else that hasn't shown up. Each series releases at least one figure like this; there's always new, exciting, and inventive figures.

Because they are so generic, all of those mentions seem very possible, but none of them are surprising. They're baseline expectations more than anything else.

Edited by telaruhn

But the actual AB design for Marie Antoinette doesn't require require a new mould for the dress? The way I interpreted the design its just this...

(I didn't have a good torso, but I was going for a queen bee effect, other minifigure was for scale)

They could make a new mould but then you don't get the bustle and that dress is all about the bustle.

I don't know if this piece is actually still in production or whether its been printed on (definitely needs good printing) but its not a crazy idea that they would make it?

I like it, but it looks a little weird. She looks too... well, "up-front", her body should be more in the middle. But that can't happen without losing the two slope pieces.

Edited by CM4Sci

I think it's fine. Women often wore bustles in the day. But perhaps a dedicated dress mold would be nicer, rather than a repurposed brick again.

I really wish TLG would just make Boudon's designs with no changes. I, like some others, love the shepherd guy with chicken staff. The face print on that one is fantastic as well. What needs to change on that? I suppose part of it is the current designers probably want to put their mark on their work. But really, why mess with perfection?? Also, the Avatar-looking guy would be awesome, the dwarf wizard, and the guy to the left of the undead warrior. I think his designs are unmatched.

Edited by egg roller

In any case, hoping for a history-heavy series, what with Nexo Knights and no more Pirates. So far, the leaked figs (?) sound great, with the Satyr and the Squaw / Tribal Girl, maybe even the Shark guy. Relieved that this will be a regular series, as will S16.

I'm just glad that there have been a solid amount of fictional characters in each series since 10, which was awful, because the only non-civilians were Medusa and the Warrior Woman.

I'm anxious to get a full list.

I'm just glad that there have been a solid amount of fictional characters in each series since 10, which was awful, because the only non-civilians were Medusa and the Warrior Woman.

I'm anxious to get a full list.

And the Sad Clown, and the Roman Commander and the Revolutionary Soldier,...

But I agree. That series was awful. About 50% of the minifigures were City

And the Sad Clown, and the Roman Commander and the Revolutionary Soldier,...

But I agree. That series was awful. About 50% of the minifigures were City

And the Native American. Series 10 was actually one of my favourites and I like all genres.

Personally feel there is a lot more variety of figures that City sets still have to offer in comparison to other themes - purely because City represents the world around us so there are many more diverse subthemes from which figures can be chosen. For example, how many different sports are there? How many genres of music and musical instruments? How many different hobbies and occupations are there? How many world nationalities? How many animals/food items exist for a costume character?

The good thing is there are still plenty of options for all themes to still explore and the reason I love the regular series is because there is always some figures people are bound to like due to the mixture of subjects (lots more Adventurers stuff would be particularly great though!!!).

Am I the only new person hoping that Wonder Woman's spectacular new hairpiece will be in this series?

Nope. It looks fantastic! I'm really glad we're getting all of these new hairpieces.

Awesome it's comeing Series 15 leaks :excited:

Don't count on it. The image itself is merely a teaser. I'm hoping the factory will show off something, but they're the only source of info besides LEGO's own teasers and the list.

Awesome line up! I'll have to collect them all! I might army build the yellow one on the upper right corner. That yellow torso with question mark superimposed is such a useful figure! Love it!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yeah... that kinda bugs me. It's the exact same color from CMF Series 4

Edited by Robert8