CM4Sci

Architecture 2016

Hmm... I'm not sure how to feel about the NYC set. The colors of One WTC are off. Looks like the Flatiron in between ESB and (what looks like) Chrysler. All the buildings look 'noisy'. This is not quite what I expected. Venice otoh looks fabulous.

Hmm... I'm not sure how to feel about the NYC set. The colors of One WTC are off. Looks like the Flatiron in between ESB and (what looks like) Chrysler. All the buildings look 'noisy'. This is not quite what I expected. Venice otoh looks fabulous.

I love this new line. Allows Lego to get a lot of buildings at once.

Chicago and Shanghai skyline are top of my wish list.

Does look like flatiron.

And One WTC has 2 colours which is weird. But I'll give then a chance and wait until it releases.

Berlin I really like too..

And the new Burj is much better. But still feels like a waste.

Towers are my favorite part of architecture. It's why I got into the field. Taipei 101 or Petronas towers would have been a much better then another Burj khalifa

Edited by Steve309

Oh, I just found them on Reddit...so much better than I expected! I was anticipating something similar to the Rockefeller center, but these are much more detailed.

Would it be outside of site guidelines to post the image or link here? they're marked confidential so I avoided doing so, but I know many people want to see them.

Can't wait for the unwatermarked/final images from LEGO itself - but I already know that these will be my first Architecture sets, I always wanted to start collecting this theme but so far was busy with Technic and Creator Expert. I didn't have the money nor the time.

The Burj Khalifa looks a loooot better than in the first attempt too, I wonder how big it will be.

@jluck No, please don't share them here, it's forbidden - anyone can feel free to go to reddit to have a look at them.

Can't wait for the unwatermarked/final images from LEGO itself - but I already know that these will be my first Architecture sets, I always wanted to start collecting this theme but so far was busy with Technic and Creator Expert. I didn't have the money nor the time.

The Burj Khalifa looks a loooot better than in the first attempt too, I wonder how big it will be.

@jluck No, please don't share them here, it's forbidden - anyone can feel free to go to reddit to have a look at them.

Kinda what I figured, but to those interested, it's definitely worth looking up. Totally changed my expectations. I can only imagine how expensive these will be. The Burj Khalifa is going to be well outside my budget I'm sure, as well as NYC.

Kinda what I figured, but to those interested, it's definitely worth looking up. Totally changed my expectations. I can only imagine how expensive these will be. The Burj Khalifa is going to be well outside my budget I'm sure, as well as NYC.

Yes, I love the entire 1H 2016 Architecture wave, it's amazing. Can't wait for the official unveil of all the 1H 2016 sets, should happen this month.

I wanna say they're all $30 and the Burj is like $50

That seems really cheap for the pictures I saw...

$30 ??? what I saw looked more expensive.

$30 ??? what I saw looked more expensive.

Agreed, unless we are way off on the actual size of the sets...they looked quite large.

I like that the Statue of Liberty is a sand green microfig. :thumbup:

The sets, all in all, haven't met my expectations though. :cry_sad:

I hope clearer pictures will change this soon because I'm really considering that New York set being my first Architecture set. :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

Well when the set names leaked on amazon Germany. They each had a price with them.

Venice (21026) – EUR 29.99

Berlin (21027) – EUR 29.99

New York City (21028) – EUR 49.99

Burj Khalifa (21031) – EUR 39.99

It is in euros.

But if accurate you all can see the price it's going to be about in your denomination from seeing how set prices relate now.

Edited by Steve309

Well that's going to be a pretty decent sized model. I saw the Burj Khalifa picture on Reddit, and it's a definite buy. It's at least a foot and a half tall, way better than the Eiffel Tower. Hopefully in the future we get a larger sized Eiffel Tower as well.

They're all really small builds sitting next to each other on a long black plate.

That sounds awful. Even worse than I'd hoped.

:thumbdown:

Back from reddit...

That's better than CM4Sci's description makes them sound, but I still don't love them.

Edited by rollermonkey

I think the Empire State Building is about 20 bricks high & Flatiron is about 5 bricks high. I like the idea in these cityscapes, but in my opinion New York & Berlin sets have too different kind of buildings and they don't fit together nicely (I know they are more realistic that way of course, but it just doesn't look that good in here IMO). For that reason, I really like the Venice set, because the building sizes and styles fit together nicely.

Well when the set names leaked on amazon Germany. They each had a price with them.

Venice (21026) – EUR 29.99

Berlin (21027) – EUR 29.99

New York City (21028) – EUR 49.99

Burj Khalifa (21031) – EUR 39.99

It is in euros.

But if accurate you all can see the price it's going to be about in your denomination from seeing how set prices relate now.

I believe these prices are confidential. It sounds too cheap compared to the images I have seen.

I think the Empire State Building is about 20 bricks high & Flatiron is about 5 bricks high. I like the idea in these cityscapes, but in my opinion New York & Berlin sets have too different kind of buildings and they don't fit together nicely (I know they are more realistic that way of course, but it just doesn't look that good in here IMO). For that reason, I really like the Venice set, because the building sizes and styles fit together nicely.

Looking at the size of the structures, I'd say you're about right on that. I'm still skeptical regarding these early prices though, it seems too cheap. If they're right though, I'll be thrilled, I'd like to get all of the sets if the pricing is correct.

..Could it be? A cheap Architdcture set?!

I sincerely hope so. Considering that I've paid $20-30 for one skyscraper of similar dimensions, the track record seems to indicate otherwise, but I'm holding out hope!

I just popped over to look at the reddit images. I was skeptical when I first heard the rumors, then I saw the images, now I remain unconvinced.

I just don't know that the cityscape concept works for me. For all the pretty packaging and high price per part ratios, the Architecture line started with some pretty humble beginnings and a few really lame kits (Sear Tower, Rockerfeller Center - I could have built those on a good day at the pick-a-brick wall). I like the revised Empire State Building in the New York set, but honestly, I rather have just that building in a cheap ($8-$10) set. The trouble is, I think the Architecture line has grown into something where it can't sell a cheap $10 kit anymore. After big sets like the Robie House or the Imperial Hotel, and highly detailed little models like The Louvre, Trevi Fountain and the White House, it's hard to look at tiny abstractions like the original Empire State Building or even The Gugganhiem (which looked great in their day) without seeing the Architecture equivalent of the classic yellow castle sitting next to Helm's Deep.

If the cityscape models didn't share a common base, I'd think of most of the offerings as candidates for Architecture-themed polybags, free with a $100 purchase or some such; but Architecture is too mature for mass market poly-bag promotions, so we're left with a collection of 'not-quite good enough to be sold as stand-alone models in this line' lumped together in search of some sort of added value.

Now, of course those are just preliminary photos of unknown pedigree, so maybe seeing actual kits will change my mind, but I have to say, with all the amazing architecture out there to draw upon, I'm a little disappointed that it looks like 2016 is going to feature a rehash of a model that wasn't that interesting the first time round, and skyline collections that are too small to be interesting individually and too eclectic to be interesting collectively.

These city skylines are amazing especially new york and Berlin, I can wait to purchase it.Great for display!

Edited by Ondra

Well 39.99 Euros usually goes to about 45-50 USD, so I'd say it's pretty reasonable for the price point they're at. That's almost twice as much as the Eiffel Tower with 321 pieces, and 600-700 pieces seems reasonable for the Burj Kalifah.

So when will the 1H 2016 sets be officially unveiled? Last year it happened very early in October.