I love medium azure, it's great to see a male hairpiece in that colour!

Nice. More male characters, also female character with short hair would be welcome!

And characters with glasses! I don't even have glasses or short hair, but I like variety in my mini-dolls :P

Nice colour choice! It's good to see some interesting hair colours going to the males. Farran's hairpiece looks a little boring compared to the rest of the Elves.

While brown makes sense since Farran is an earth elf, green hair would have been cool. But, alas... The medium azure version, however, is awesome.

This piece, the prospects of a cool-looking chalkboard (at a dragon school - I wonder what is written/drawn on it), and the new hourglass part are becoming deciding factors in buying the Dragon School set. I can't wait to see what the school actually looks like - though based on the description, I may swap out the translucent pink parts for something else...

oooh, I am getting so impatient for pictures!

Same. It makes me think we are going to have to wait a very time for the 3rd wave sets to be released. Hopefully they will all be amazing, making the wait worth it.

This was posted in the other Elves thread:

[...]

Anyway, the LEGO Elves website has a new holiday webisode, featuring a teaser for next year towards the end!

That dragon is better then any of the 2016 ones Ive seen!

In other news:There's two new characters the teacher with blue hair and dark skin, and a female earth elf. All the characters besides Naida seem to have new outfits in the same moulds.

After seeing the pictures, I'm must say i'm impresed! Dragons look great even if the heads are not brickbuild. They fit to elves nicely and it seems there is a new giant egg piece to hide baby dragons in!

The most interesting thing is- there is no set with White dragon. Is she Skyra's? MAybe we will get first elves special retail set?

Starlight inn has small printed windows- same are in Temple of airjitsu, also it include a new teapot mold in pink! But my favorite new piece is a new tail/~horn/root piece in reddish brown!

Marketplace has 2 new books and gold or yellow owl- good to see it's back. I love that mold.

A marketplace looks small, but I bet it's deep - it has blacksmith, library and owl post office. I hope the 2x2 round tiles with shop signs are printed as they look great!

I agree! Need pics! :laugh:

The dragon in the film clip looked really nice, actually. I hope the set in which it will come can capture the shape. The eyes as depicted in the clip don't look bad at all, so I'll be interested to see how those transition into Lego. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thank you, amazingbricks! :-)

The sets look good, but I'm missing the "wow" factor at the moment. The color palette doesn't seem as nice as the 2015 sets. Not sure if these are preliminary pictures and maybe the official pictures will give us a better look. I'm curious for the details in the bigger sets (school, inn and market place).

Oh my gosh! The dragons look so beautiful! The designers did a truly excellent job matching the design language of the smaller creatures while still making them mostly brick-built. Their color schemes are bright and exciting, and they seem to have a great deal of articulation for their size. I am in awe! :cry_happy:

I'm seeing some great building techniques throughout this range, like the Unikitty tails behind the library/bookstore sign in the Secret Market. The Secret Market has a nice selection of shops. Besides the bookstore, there's a blacksmith, a grocer, and... not entirely sure what the upper-story shop with the owl is. Maybe a post office?

Most of the main character mini-dolls appear to have new outfits, but it's hard to make out all the details (and some might still be preliminary). What is clear is that Azari's new outfit is now Flame Yellowish Orange with Bright Reddish Violet accents rather than the other way around, which means she better matches the new fire dragon.

The new packaging with the white dragon looks nice, and I'll bet we'll see that dragon in a set next summer!

Ooh, delightful! The buildings are all lovely!

I hope some parts of this are preliminary, since an overdose of (pointless?) Trans pink bricks is evident. I hope they are at least better integrated into the builds. I feel like there's more pink in the sets this time around?... or at least it's more obvious to me. I really liked how muted the otherwise overcommon in girl-targeted themes colour was last wave, but ah well. :classic:

The Dragons are quite nice looking. Maybe not easily fit into the same world as most of Lego's previous Dragons, but cute nonetheless. I'll have a hard time arguing that I just buy the sets "for the foliage parts" this wave. :laugh:

Their faces are really cute. :wub:

What really stands out are the buildings! :wub: they are nicely fanciful. Very elvish. I love the new tail piece (in brown!) And the seat piece too! And the new tea pot piece! And the new hourglass! And that sexy blue hair! :wub:

I'll wait for official pictures before saying more though, because they always manage to make these sets irresistible with their photo-editing! :blush: I think I liked the first wave much better though... but maybe I'm biased by my love of foliage and cheap sets...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I'm sure the official pictures will look better than these renders.