I really hope these characters wont be included in the Disney CMF

Why not? i really want them!

Why not? i really want them!

Because that would decrease the chances for this amazing set to pass the review

Edited by Robert8

Haha, awesome! I think the trunk should be a bit smaller but I dunno how else you could do it.

Thank you! Yes, I agree, but this is the smallest trunk-like piece I could find.

I just realized that the Zombie Businessman hair would work for Joy!

:look: Wait, does that mean she's already in the works?

Not really. That hair is combed the wrong way and it doesn't have the hair standing up in the back. So I don't think that is the case.

I really hope these characters wont be included in the Disney CMF

Because that would decrease the chances for this amazing set to pass the review

I am flattered that you would prefer my designs over official ones. :blush: I personally would love to see how TLG would handle these characters, especially since that would mean new molds! And I don't think that it would lessen the chances of this set passing the review; in fact, I think it would strengthen it since that would mean they would already have license. Also, if they do the minifigs before this project gets made, they might include the new molds in this set (like they probably will with the Doctor Who set) which would make it even better! So let's show them that we want these characters by getting it to 10.000! :sweet:

I think it would strengthen it since that would mean they would already have license.

mmmm I don't know about that Oky.

This is from LEGO Ideas Guidelines and Rules:

Please keep in mind that a project based on an existing LEGO license has a smaller chance of passing the LEGO Review than other projects.

I think that rule only applies to themes where TLG might produce a similar set to what you're submitting, like what happened with the UCS Helicarrier. Again, I'm pretty sure TLG had the Doctor Who license before they approved the Ideas set which is probably why they suddenly allowed projects based on that property after not allowing them for a while. They probably got the license for the Dimensions level and fun packs with no plans to make actual sets which is why they passed that project. And I don't think they would make an Inside Out set like this at this point, so I'm hopeful.

As Joy would say, you gotta think positive! :classic:

Please tell me that Oky's designs are somehow protected. This is disgusting. Pun not intended.

This and his DC/Marvel Racers.

Please tell me that Oky's designs are somehow protected. This is disgusting. Pun not intended.

I don't think so.

And I concur. This is awful

Okay, let's kill the bootleggers

Robert you will be our juggernaut, Sci is our sniper, Mario will be our bomber and i will... give moral support :grin:

But seriously this is stepping the line, are we sure they can just do this? i think Oky should do something with this, does he have a patent?

What can be done about theft like this. Please dont tell me nothing :sick::angry:

If you don't have the license to make the figures, you don't have IP rights over them, and can't pursue action against them. You could hope that Pixar will pursue action or try to bring it to their attention, but it's so small time I doubt that they will ever do anything about it. It is scummy, but I think legally what this person did is no more wrong than what Christo does, and I think morally it's no more wrong than what Decool does (not that it makes any of that okay).

Yep. Even LEGO can't do anything about it because, as far as we know, they don't have a license for Inside Out

Robert you will be our juggernaut

Count me in! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wow. Those bootlegs are really sad. Oky, your idea and set are both great. But these guys are mean. I like the set though! Great job!

Ick. Mixed emotions about this thread. Seriously.

Can I say that curse word now?

Sigh. I guess after Sheng Yuan (and apparently TLG) copied my Superhero racers, it was just a matter of time until this idea got stolen too. :sadnew: Unfortunately, this bootleg plague is getting worse all the time and we need to do everything we can to stop it. Sadly, I don't think there is anything I or anyone else can do about this particular case. If there was, I would, but as it is I can't do anything but shake my head in disapproval and take comfort in the fact that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Maybe I need to be more positive.

Yup, I'm positive these are terrible.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the kind comments.

Mixed emotions about this thread. Seriously.

This is disgusting. Pun not intended.

Intended or not, I appreciate the puns. They make me feel less Anger. :tongue:

On the bright side, this project has now over 3000 supporters! :sweet: Thanks everyone! Let's show those bootleggers that we want REAL Lego Inside Out figs by getting it up to 10.000!

Intended or not, I appreciate the puns. They make me feel less Anger. :tongue:

My puns are always intended.

I have supported on Ideas, by the way! Great work.

This is just unholy :sick: First they rip off official sets and now MOCs?! Well, at least now we know why TLG is so displeased whenever prelim pictures get leaked, those bootleggers are getting concernably fast :facepalm:

:sick: There's so much wrong with this. Half of the accessories don't even make sense. And why does Joy have short legs? :ugh: Ugh...

"Congratulations, bootleggers! You've ruined my designs!"

Anger3.jpg

This is just awful, too copy MOC's is just disgraceful. Anyway, he seems to have messed have of them up so fingers crossed no will buy them.

28498815834_37bb115221_z.jpg

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I just wanted to let you all know that this project has reached 5000 supporters! :sweet: I am very happy about this achievement and thank you all who have supported so far! We now have 11 more months to get the other half of the supporters, so If you haven't done so, please support it and share it with everyone so that we can get it to the review stage.

Congrats on reaching this latest milestone, Oky, and best of luck! I'm supporting your project, and rooting for it to make it.

Here is just a quick update to show you my attempt at a purist minifig of Joy. I used Marge Simpson's body and the hair from the CMF Cyborg. While this works fairly well, I still prefer my original design, so this is not meant to replace that. It's just an exercise to explore an alternate look for the character. Let me know what you think.

30164370753_64ebaece44_z.jpg

Pure Joy by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

You can see more purist custom Disney figs and share your own in this thread that I just created.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported so far! We currently have over 5600 supporters, so we're over halfway there, but we still have quite a way to go, so please keep supporting and sharing!