Tags: Spying, Science

Things were not looking so good for Scorpio. His mission last week had been a complete success, other than that well, you know, he got caught.

When he came to, his equipment had all been taken, and he had been put into a bright red jumpsuit. With no further ado, he had been transported to the prison compound. He assumed they intended to interrogate him later. In the meantime, he was stuck in a bare cell, under the watch of a continual guard, with food that smelled of coffee, and not even a bench to sleep on. The prison area was also on a very busy corridor, where sneering Octan would come by constantly. At least there were no rats.

19428097536_741ddb4d24_z.jpg

19266609180_9a1ec32322_z.jpg

19266608998_73c098c876_z.jpg

19266616000_6839f84313_z.jpg

In place of rats, however, there were other pests. Specifically, scorpions. He wasn’t sure if they were indigenous to the planet, or if they just happened to be wherever Octan was. Whatever the cause, the hallways seemed to be teeming with them at all hours of the day. It comforted Scorpio to know that the Octans were afraid of them.

18833570223_b65f2e4e4f_z.jpg

18831692004_a0fa0ae5ec_z.jpg

Some more so than others.

Scorpio had always liked scorpions—it was actually where he had gotten his nickname. Once, when he was just a little boy, his father had found him playing with one as if it were a puppy, completely unhurt. When his father had reached down to get it away, it struck at and nearly stung him. Amazed at this, his father called him a scorpion trainer. His little sister Arsenica had been unable to pronounce it and so called him ‘Scorpio’ and the name had stuck. No time to dwell on old memories, though…

One nice thing about being on the busy corridor was that his cell was right next to the laundry, where he overheard a lot of juicy gossip from the Octans. Some of it was the regular workplace drama, but a lot of sensitive information was being passed around in there. That was where he had learned that while Octan had recognized his data transfer of the beryllium sphere specs, they still did not suspect that their robotics program had been hacked. As he passed yet another dull day to himself, he heard a familiar voice from the laundry room.

19268050859_f567de9496_z.jpg

It was Dr. Long’s voice. She was clearly talking on her phone to someone, probably some Octan bigwig somewhere.

19268053649_e492436669_z.jpg

He was barely paying attention when suddenly he heard: “hrgrngrngnrgnrnStarstrikergrngrngrrrnhrgrn” Scorpio pressed his ear against the wall to hear better.

“Yes, we are sure it’s him. Well, not him, but, you know, another one. Blasted door, open! No, sorry. Look, he had identification on him as Scorpio Starstriker, M.A.N.T.I.S. scientist 1st class. Yes. Yes. Uh…I’m not sure, how should I know why they would sent a scientist on a spying mission?! Okay, why don’t I just ask him, then? stupid bloody…rrrrrr! No. Okay. Yes, that would probably be the best way to do it. come on, No! I didn’t want a pre-wash! Oh, okay. I’ll put together the requisition forms and he should be ready to be released into your custody tomorrow. Fine, next week, whenever you want. Yeah. Sounds good. <click>. You cursed little..! Isn’t someone supposed to be doing this for me?

As Scorpio heard Dr. Long’s footsteps he wasn’t sure if this was good news or not. Apparently he was going to be shipped off to somewhere else, but where? And what did Dr. Long mean, “another one?” Had one of his comrades been captured as well? Surely he would have known by now. Perhaps she meant another scientist? Or…another Starstriker? That wasn’t possible, as much as Scorpio wished it could be.

Still, there was no time to waste, and Scorpio wasn’t going to be hanging out here any longer. He knew there were still M.A.N.T.I.S. agents operating on Lesser Drigo, but if he was shipped off somewhere else his chance of making it home was gone. He had to escape.

He waited until a large swarm of scorpions entered the hall, then he would hack the electronic lock and escape in the confusion.

Here they came! Now was the time!

19447883882_cc247fe1ab_z.jpg

Waauuuughh!

18833596773_84bc2a0b96_z.jpg

Scorpio decided that it must have been the faulty Octan wiring that had shocked him. Yeah, that was it.

19447895862_5b76a8fb4a_z.jpg

Meanwhile, Octan assigned him a robotic guard that was not afraid of scorpion attacks, and he had to endure more of Dr. Long’s cursing and kicking the machines. He would have to escape some other way…

19266647648_3ff533bace_z.jpg

Great detailed story. Great details in your build too! I really like the octan logo made out of minifig arms. I can't wait to see how you get out of this mess.

Edited by SpacerSteve

I really like your series of stories especially the fact that things don't always go as your character plans. I was thinking yeah, yeah, now he decides to escape and then he gets shocked. Excellent plot twist. :thumbup: And the build and minifig placement are great as well. Really like how you show your character sitting in his cell and the Octan logo with minifig arms is brilliant! :thumbup:

I agree with MS, the shocking is a great plot twist! Very nice interior scene too! :thumbup:

I shall also endorse the minifig arm logo as excellent! Nice write-up too, I'm enjoying how Octan's cleanliness is spreading throughout the galaxy :laugh:

Great build rodiziorobs! I love how well integrated the story is with current going-ons within Octan (scorpions and laundry, woho!), while still being excellently in-line with Scorpio's... well, character. I also agree with Mike that it's nice with things not always working out for Scorpio as he would've liked. Looking forward to the continuation next week! :laugh:

That's a nice creation :thumbup:

The story is great and the way you made the Octan logo is awesome.

Fantastic story and build! Love the laundry room right next to the cells. And to echo others using the arms as the Octan logo was a great idea. Can't wait to see what happens next! :sweet:

Thanks everyone for the comments! I realize I have built almost as much for Octan as I have for MANTIS by now! *huh*

Edited by rodiziorobs