How would you rate my photo editing skills going from original:

1280x722.jpg

To the finished picture:

P1210843.JPG

Personally using a white background I learned a lot and the color correction plays a cruicial role in making crispy clear pictures.

Z - looking good, I am thinking the red colored areas may be a bit oversaturated, otherwise good control of contrast and details in shadows and highlights

Here is my NXT Sumo bot that participated in the 2012 IEEE robotics challenge. Any advice on making the photo better is appreciated!

800x533.jpg

Edited by NXT45

Here is my NXT Sumo bot that participated in the 2012 IEEE robotics challenge. Any advice on making the photo better is appreciated!

You didn't say what the photo is used for. Assuming it is for publishing and advertizing the event.

You may want to clean the lint and dust off your black cloth before taking the picture and be mindful of where the background ended in the upper right hand corner. :wink:

I think getting the graphics and texts on the device and component in focus so they are legible may be helpful to the viewer of the product.

You didn't say what the photo is used for. Assuming it is for publishing and advertising the event.

You may want to clean the lint and dust off your black cloth before taking the picture and be mindful of where the background ended in the upper right hand corner. :wink:

I am going to post the photo to my blog and I was just trying out my photography skills with a back drop. Thanks for the help!

I am in no way trying to advertise the challenge as I was just showing off my robot that won that year in the challenge.

800x533.jpg

There, I cropped it, fixed the green-gray beams made the color more uniform. How's that?

Edited by hadidi1999

800x533.jpg

There, I cropped it, fixed the green-gray beams made the color more uniform. How's that?

The lighting seems a tad dull, is it lit from the front quite high? The front edge is also out of focus which annoys me a bit, I'd move the focus forward a bit as having the front edge sharp is more important then the back of it (or stop down and get both).

Any chance you shot in RAW and would mind If I had a bit of a play with it?

Edited by Riley-NZL

The lighting seems a tad dull, is it lit from the front quite high? The front edge is also out of focus which annoys me a bit, I'd move the focus forward a bit as having the front edge sharp is more important then the back of it (or stop down and get both).

Any chance you shot in RAW and would mind If I had a bit of a play with it?

I noticed that too, I can't tell what camera NXT45 used, So I don't know if he could have shot in RAW. The other thing is I am not sure if the model is still whole and not taken apart to fix the focus problem.

Just Wow!

I thought that was a real photos at very first sight,then saw the technic panels

Edited by LXF

Just Wow!

I thought that was a real photos at very first sight,then saw the technic panels

Thanks a lot!

Brunojj1's 458 is a great model.

Now for how I made the pictures:

I used a dark room, and put this on a table above the car:

800x563.jpg

So here is something a little different involving Technic photography: I recently had to make a birthday card and had the idea to make a composition of a kid sitting on a Technic quad. The challenge was getting the camera angles to gel together for the final composition to work. The quad was shot in front of a green screen and extracted using after effects. Photoshop was then used to add a background, ground reflections and the RedBull decals.

Original photo:

640x426.jpg

Result:

640x480.jpg

More photos.

Edited by SevenStuds

Nice work with the green screen. I need to invest some time and try to experiment with a green screen too. Very cool.

A photo I took of my latest MOC, just doing a final touch-up of the truck before I post it :wink:

800x600.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Builder

A photo I took of my latest MOC, just doing a final touch-up of the truck before I post it :wink:

Nice chromed build. Regarding photography, I am finding the red car and grille in the background are drawing my eyes and attention away from the truck. :wink:

Nice chromed build. Regarding photography, I am finding the red car and grille in the background are drawing my eyes and attention away from the truck. :wink:

Thanks mate. Yeah, I wasn't completely satisfied with the background. So I headed down to the port this afternoon and took these shots:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg