Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

OMG Finn and Rey... so many shades of brown in just two sets.

I passed on Grievous and Obi Wan because the tan shells were not the most useful ones (and money), but these two are an insta-buy for me.

I'm not to interested in this wave. I probably only buy the FE Stormtrooper and Bricklink any other parts I see that I might want. These sets are just parts packs for me so I have no reason to buy Finn, Rey or Poe

While Phasma is most likely regular metallic silver, I do believe those are 6M shells on her upper legs, which are new.

6M shells are the best too. Stoked for these, odd or not.

I was hoping for Rey without helmet at all. I'd definitely pick her up if she had hair. I guess I'll have to think about it now.

Finn's head does look off, but mostly because of the neck connection or angle with the body. The head mold itself looks fine.

I'd say shaping these look better than the first round for the most part, although I have no vested interest in the characters yet, so I can't say I want them all. Maybe all of the characters will be boring and suck. Why would I want to play, er., build with them?

Those heads bring to mind - dare I say it - the old Galidor figures. They're not bad moulds necessarily, but I think any time Lego makes figures like this it's going to look a bit weird, as (unlike the bodies) the heads aren't brick-built. I think Rey and the Stormtroopers look pretty cool, anyway.

I think Lego did the best they could with these headsculpts, they just look somewhat out of place next to the mechanical, streamlined looking CCBS parts. That being said I think the masked figures look a lot better, I particularly like Captain Phasma.

These constructable LEGO figures show the characters of Episode VII. LEGO always finds an awesome way to present something new!

Russian mass media announced that 1mln –and-a half of fans saw the last trailer during an hour. It proves the scale of the Saga’s popularity is huge!!! After seeing it I guessed that the person talking to Darth Vader’s helmet can be his clone (or grandson) because the evil Emperor always wanted younger and stronger apprentices. Especially after realizing that Vader is becoming old and weak and can fail making his children serve the Dark Side. Rey thought it was her brother who died. But he didn't and wears a mask. And the Jedi and Forse are a legend because the evil Emperor erased memory of everyone. And ordered Inquisition (guys with red light sabers) to hunt the Jedi, so Luke is thier new target. I’m eager to know your opinion. Many thanks and wishing you success. Stas, a Star Wars fan from Russia

Edited by Staslegomaster

This sounds, eh weird at least but if you stare at finn's lower body you can see there is same kind of shaped hip piece under the armor the next years toa + Umarak have.

only one thats perfect for this kind of sets was grievous and thats why he's sold out everywere...

They really stepped up their weapon game. The blasters look amazing.

I'd like to see what MOCers do with the cross lightsaber piece.

Edited by meowmachine

Well, I finally got my hands on Grievous and HOLY WOW. What a fun build and what a colossal, cool looking and well articulated figure. I know everyone has said how huge he is already.. but, yeah, he really is huge- I'm not used to sets this big anymore. This is an extremely impressive work of design.

Seriously, if you have doubts, don't and buy him now. And if you don't have the money, save it up. But definitely don't miss this one out. It's one of the most impressive sets in a long time and we need more stuff like this. I can only hope Umarak the Destroyer reaches this fine level.

Edited by Shakar

Well, I finally got my hands on Grievous and HOLY WOW. What a fun build and what a colossal, cool looking and well articulated figure. I know everyone has said how huge he is already.. but, yeah, he really is huge- I'm not used to sets this big anymore. This is an extremely impressive work of design.

Seriously, if you have doubts, don't and buy him now. And if you don't have the money, save it up. But definitely don't miss this one out. It's one of the most impressive sets in a long time and we need more stuff like this. I can only hope Umarak the Destroyer reaches this fine level.

Same, I just got him last week! One of my favourite CCBS sets of all time. The ankles are a bit wonky, but I can deal with it. Everything else - articulated shoulders, the torso build, the amazingly sculpted head - is perfect. He's huge and imposing, and makes an impression wherever I display him. I love him!

Broke down and completed my Constraction collection today. Was picking up Cody anyways and decided to bite the bullet and grab uncanny Luke. Committing to being a completionist for the SW Constractions I guess.

I don't know about anyone else, but the minute I get Finn I'm giving his blaster to Grievous and taking a blue saber for Finn. It's an oversight that he comes with a blaster and not a saber IMO, since all promotional materials have depicted him wielding a saber for at least a month now (and only Kylo has a saber in this wave, which is odd).

Now I guess we start speculating about Constraction Wave 3. Hopefully it's six more classic characters and they focus on masked/alien/cgi characters. A solid wave in my mind would be Kanan/Inquisitor, Chewbacca/Boba, TCW Anakin/Savage.

Now I guess we start speculating about Constraction Wave 3. Hopefully it's six more classic characters and they focus on masked/alien/cgi characters. A solid wave in my mind would be Kanan/Inquisitor, Chewbacca/Boba, TCW Anakin/Savage.

Oh, I really hope that they go for more Clone Wars Characters. I'd love Asajj Ventress, if not any of the show's plethora of Bounty Hunters.

It's too bad that Grievous seems to be sold out at all the shops I can reasonably get to. He's the first really large properly CCBS titan we've gotten, and I fear that we won't be getting such a set again anytime soon.

Edited by DraikNova

As long as we get new parts or colors of parts I'm not picky about what characters we get.

That said, I am never not in the market for more Droids.

More droids. All the droids. Ever. And I'd like to preemptively point out the ridiculous impossibility of a CCBS Sarlacc.

I'd imagine that a Droideka would either be the star of the wave, using a large build, or use a special piece for the ball-like leg base, giving it the Chima spider legs and in general having a relatively simple build. So yeah, I think a Droideka would either be Grievous-sized or just an average sized or even small set, depending on whether LEGO's willing to make a mook, albeit an impressive and imposing one, the star of a wave.

Don't forget we already have this beauty, which does roll up!

While that's a nice set, it's way out of scale and far less detailed than the other Star Wars Battle Figures. Plus, as cool and complex as its function was, from my recollection said function was quite prone to "misfiring" and made the set awfully rickety to boot. I think a new version of the Droideka (probably one you unfold manually instead of automatically) could be far more stable and better-looking. The only question is price—as others have pointed out, it'd easily be as expensive as high-profile characters like Vader and Grievous, yet represents a nameless mook.

Don't forget we already have this beauty, which does roll up!

Yes, that is a nice set, but it's very unfortunate that the function isn't very stable consider the size of the set. Same like DraikNova, I also want some droids been done in CCBS, but I prefer to have droids like B2 Super Battle Droid, B1 Battle Droid and R2-D2 to been done in CCBS cooperated with Technic parts.