just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I remember some exclusive sets being revealed just by appearing on store shelves, but I wasn't following LEGO news as closely back then.

https://www.facebook...59609164145159/ in this link someone has a blue nightwing do you think its fake or from the Ras set.

someone in the comments claims it is from the ras set.

Edit scrolldown a few posts and you should find the pic

It's a closed group, so while I can't actually see the minifig, there was a blue Nightwing released years ago. So I doubt it's from the Ra's set.

https://www.facebook...59609164145159/ in this link someone has a blue nightwing do you think its fake or from the Ras set.

someone in the comments claims it is from the ras set.

Edit scrolldown a few posts and you should find the pic

Could you post it somewhere so we could see it better? Its a private group so I can't see it.

But yeah, as Marvelous Spidey said, there has been a blue Nightwing a few years ago as part of the original Batman theme/license.

I've requested to join but wouldn't this image be circulating on Reddit or similar if it was genuine? There's also a pretty good bootleg blue Nightwing that's a little different from the original Lego version so without seeing this image there's a chance it might be that?

25607022700_e334f034d5_z.jpg

The design seems to be identical to the original red one but the scowl on that side of the head seems new as the red version has the grin and the unhappy face but no teeth being shown?

Edited by Robianco

The design seems to be identical to the original red one but the scowl on that side of the head seems new as the red version has the grin and the unhappy face but no teeth being shown?

Wow, that looks legit actually. Idk what to make of it but if its really happening that would be awesome. Perfect Rightwing design imo! :thumbup::drool:

Edited by Legocity2713

Hmmm, the face looks real, but I'm not convinced on that torso. Why would they use the same torso with a new color? I would think they would at least do something new with the torso.

I think that this is the image you are referring to? 25274983174_a283bf1136_o.jpg

I have not idea if it is real or fake.

Hmmm, the face looks real, but I'm not convinced on that torso. Why would they use the same torso with a new color? I would think they would at least do something new with the torso.

That's the thing for me too. Reminds me too much of a reprint of the Batman torso with red detailing we had... and nobody wants to revisit those posts.

That's the thing for me too. Reminds me too much of a reprint of the Batman torso with red detailing we had... and nobody wants to revisit those posts.

The slight changing of the face seems like something Lego would totally do. As for the torsos, reprinting with a color change isn't totally out of Lego's ballpark.

They've done it with War Machine MK 1 and Iron Patriot as well as the 2 Ant Man figures. I'm sure there are other examples but those stick out to me.

Just to re-clarify it is £50 on DC only as we thought/already know, not any purchase over £50...

That sucks, already own all the current DC sets available and don't particularly want to purchase any more :/

Also, most of the time the mix up pieces on these facebook groups. So the face is most likely real, but I would not base the torso's real factor on the face. The face could be real and the torso fake. I have no idea.

I'm not sure if it is or not. It's the exact same torso with different coloring... I just don't see lego doing that. The headpiece could be accurate, but I think the torso is just custom.

Edit: It's funny if this is true, cause I had just made my own nightwing yesterday.

Edited by Zergos

Oh man that Nightwing :wub: I was already looking forward to the Ra's set but if Nightwing truly ends up in there it will be my most anticipated set for this year... still I'm not going to get ahead of myself... but one can hope :wink:

That is an excellent fake if it's not real. But if it is real, I'm actually a little disappointed. He looks slightly better than the red Nightwing, but I'd much rather his spot go to another character if he's from the Ra's set, like Black Canary. Plus, if they were to redo a Batman character I'd rather it be Batgirl. She looked decent in the Steamroller set, but her new "Batgirl of Burnside" look would be amazing and they could redo that cowl which does not look very good, in my opinion.

Nightwing is a smart choice as they probably didn't want to add another exclusive minifigure. Ra's al ghul and the highly rumored Talia are enough for me.

Curious to see if this is real or not. Though I would rather see red robin than nightwing if this nightwing is real.

Here's a new set number for a DC polybag:

I wonder, who or what it could be?

I think we have our answer.

Nightwing... a polybag?

I think we have our answer.

Its plausible. A changed torso and face is enough to warrant and exclusive figure. I mean look at the Finn polybag from the Star Wars Episode 7 Video Game, he just has a new torso.

Nightwing could be similar to Cosmic Boy maybe. A polybag with a set number packaged inside with the movie. Isn't there another Lego DC Movie coming out with Gotham in the name? Seems like a good place to have Nightwing appear.