just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

I think what's interesting is that people are expecting them to not be minidolls ... these sets will be aimed at young girls. Of course it's going to be mini-dolls because the mini-dolls seem to be doing well for them in the Friends and Elves lines. I understand hope spring eternal and all of that, and I would have rather seen minifigures, too, but this is one case where we have to be realistic.

Then again, I have no official news or pictures to go on, so I may be wrong, But I really don't think I am.

It's not like we'd be missing much anyways if they are minidolls. Going off the original promotional picture, it looks like Bumbleebee and Katana are the only ones they'll be focusing on who haven't appeared in minifigure form.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

While I like the look of the set and the minifigures I have to admit I am a bit let down when looking at it in regards to the price. I will still most likely end up getting it mainly because my 8 year old has already asked for it for his birthday but I don't think the value is there on this one.

I don't normally complain about prices but just looking at this one it falls between the Ewok Village and Sea Cow on the low end and Sandcrawler, Ghostbusters, and Hellicarrier on the high end. I own all of these sets except the seacow and when I paid for them and then built them I really felt like I was getting what I paid for. The builds for all of these sets were impressive and the size and detail of each model made you think wow this is impressive. When I look at the Batcave I just don't see it. The office and house facade is nice but everything after that is really no different then the other batcaves we have gotten in the past for way less than this. It is a big set with a lot of pieces and I get that will add up to a large cost but if you compare it to other sets of the same size it is really lacking in my opinion.

All of the lab stuff and the computers don't even have a place to go in the set which is frustrating in something this size and price to me. It would be the same as building a modular and saying here is a bunch of furniture but none of it fits inside the building so you will need to build something for it to go in.

Like I said the minifigs are great, the vehicles are nice, and I like some things about the cave itself but this could have been so much more and for the price I feel it should have been.

I definitely think they'll be minidolls as well. No reason not to.

Considering Lego's strategy of marketing to females...they will most likely be minidolls. Girls don't want to play with boring old minifigs, am I right? They need frilly colors and dolls

Is that a new hairpiece on the daring duo? or just new colours?

Neither, actually. It's appeared on Robin since the beginning of the Super Heroes theme.

Not sure if I'm the first to notice this, but Bruce has the police file for Mr. Freeze on his desk.

That's great. I like that, as it provides an incentive to buy the figure and ties them together nicely.

$330 CA for this? Ya not happening for me. Not really any parts I could use anyway, so I'm fine with passing on it.

Here's a weird observation: There are two pairs of minifigures in this set which share the same hairpiece. Joker and Alfred and Bruce and Dick.

Here's a weird observation: There are two pairs of minifigures in this set which share the same hairpiece. Joker and Alfred and Bruce and Dick.

I think the new Superman hairpiece (from Batman v Superman) may have worked well for the Joker

I may be in the minority on this one but I have zero excitement regarding this set. If I'm going to pay $200-$350 for a set, I want to build something large and grand like previously mentioned sets the Sea Cow, Hellicarrier, Firehouse Headquarters and recent Star Wars UCS sets. Just looking at the video and pics, I'm left very underwhelmed when thinking of what I imagine a high priced set will look like when anticipating the reveal. Instead this feels like they decided to sell a bunch of small to medium sets as one giant set. If the actual set was just the Wayne Manor section and the Batmobile, i would have really been interested in the set if it was just a $100 set. But as someone else mentioned, the other two sections of the set seem like filler to justify the high price tag for collectors who want the mini figures and vehicles.

I may be in the minority on this one but I have zero excitement regarding this set. If I'm going to pay $200-$350 for a set, I want to build something large and grand like previously mentioned sets the Sea Cow, Hellicarrier, Firehouse Headquarters and recent Star Wars UCS sets. Just looking at the video and pics, I'm left very underwhelmed when thinking of what I imagine a high priced set will look like when anticipating the reveal. Instead this feels like they decided to sell a bunch of small to medium sets as one giant set. If the actual set was just the Wayne Manor section and the Batmobile, i would have really been interested in the set if it was just a $100 set. But as someone else mentioned, the other two sections of the set seem like filler to justify the high price tag for collectors who want the mini figures and vehicles.

Actually, you seem more excited for this set than I am.

While I can appreciate the set (the Batmobile is spot on!), this will probably have to be the first DC set I intentionally don't pick up. I also missed out on Arkham Asylum Breakout, but that wasn't intentional. I'm not the fondest of the figures, but Batman and Catwoman do look pretty great.

Well said. Some fans of the show want official figures and the classic Batmobile, but Lego knew that general interest was limited, so they went expensive to capitalize on the interest of the most passionate fans, despite not having ideas that were that big. Maybe a $50 dollar set would have sold 5 times as many units and felt like a better deal, but the $270 set will make more money overall.

I suppose the silver lining is that once the instructions are published, if we feel so inclined, we can Bricklink this Batmobile design and put similar versions (maybe the Juniors?) of Batman and Robin in it.

The figures are great in the Batcave set, but I can buy the whole line of Ninjago Skybound sets and still have $30 to spare, so this is going to be a pass for me.

The HD pictures do make the set look like less of a mess, but the leaked photos made the rock detailing look grey and not dark tan, which looks awful. The figures look even more amazing, but I can't help feeling this is unnecessarily large and expensive. The Wayne Manor section looks excellent, I need those paintings of Bruce Wayne's parents, but I don't recall them ever appearing in the show, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Edited by Airbenderfreak

I think these figs will be very expensive in the aftermarket since no one is going to buy this set.

but I can't help feeling this is unnecessarily large and expensive.

You just summed it up. It's a fantastic model, absolutely stunning to me. The nostalgia factor is wreaking havoc, its off then harts. But it does seem too large, though the detailing is wonderful! But it still feels like the entire model was built to accommodate those fire poles. I feel the set is really brought together with the Minifigure selection, and that Batmobile! :grin: Eh, for the price tag I may have to pass for all my Marvel sets plus some, but we'll see. Especially if the Minfigure prices skyrocket.

the leaked photos made the rock detailing look grey and not dark tan, which looks awful.

That's the general color of the cave in the show, so in all fairness, the set is accurate.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this set. The show has always been a personal favorite of mine, and I think the set does a fantastic job of capturing the feel and likeness of it.

The only real major gripe I have (as many others do) is the price. But, the novelty of having a set based on the classic show, makes me more than willing to pay for it.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

I think these figs will be very expensive in the aftermarket since no one is going to buy this set.

That's why some weirdos are going to buy twelve of these just to sell the figures.

It's rare when LEGO makes something that feels larger then it needs to be, especially a licensed set. Why is it licensed LEGO sets are either smaller or (albeit rarely) larger than they should be. I will still buy Catwoman, but maybe Robin and moc a reactor with Riddler's moll, Molly.

What?! It costs 290€ in Belgium!!! *oh2**oh2**oh2*WAY TO OVERPRICED. :angry: :angry: :angry:http://shop.lego.com...Listing=listing

wahaha 290 euro? youd have to be a fool to buy it. and with the price of oil at a record low. lego fans who will buy anything blindly are only encouraging tlg's shameful pricing policy (especially in europe) and ruining the hobby for everyone else. i can easily afford this, but there is no way im gonna buy it, and im a tfan of adam west batman!