just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Ouch, £230 is high. Don't know how I'm gonna get this with all the other sets available. Nevertheless it looks cool, and the VIP event is great. But there's a bat-grapple thing with the rope you put through the holes. I hate those.

Upon reflection it is awesome, but it still feels a little small, and that piece count is made up by little bits and bobs. The big draw of the vehicles for me is the Bat-copter, I love its design and it's windshield. I just don't know how I'm gonna find the money to pay for it all. There's a couple hundred pounds worth of sets this year. Lets hope people come through on my birthday and Christmas with some of the other sets so I can get this one. Got 76044 on the way for Friday, looking forward to that one.

Not happy about the blatant reuse of Penguin again! :grin: Really that hard to give us a new print? And its the worst one too!

I actually think I like the cave more and the minifigures less after seeing the pictures and the video. :look: Not sure if it's the lighting or whatnot, but a lot of the colors on the figures seem off. Exposure is way wack, what is Joker neon-colored? The vehicles are great though, especially the Bat-copter (didn't expect the window printing). The printed wallpaper is really interesting--I hope that appears in more sets with different colors; it's a really cool feature.

Wow! Those figs are excellent, so bright and colorful, though Joker's smile is a little disturbing, and Penguin might have done with a new face. Shame about the price, though. I definitely like this set more!

And the printed wallpaper bricks are brilliantly engineered!

And yeah, the pictures are bizarrely oversaturated, but the video shows them off better.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Actually, I could get this set for £200 at LEGOLAND. Which makes it seem a lot better. I can dig out £200 if need be, but £230 is really scraping the barrel.

Look at those measurements :sceptic: It won't fit in any glass display I currently own...

250 EUR in DE, that'll probably be 280 EUR for the Benelux.

Edited by Cammo

LEGO really needs to get their renders in order, because recently, their D2Cs have had bizzare color issues. While I do like the extra bits included, I think it's incredibly weak that they didn't include a proper area to display the cabinets and equipment, forcing you to have them loose on the table or to build your own extension. Riddler looks appropriately simple, but at the same time, looks like a much older figure due to it. Joker's smile is a bit too wide, and much more malicious than I remember him looking. I don't mind, though. Penguin looks really nice with the entirely black suit; it's amazing how much the purple hat and the pants change the look of the figure. I do appreciate the dual-sided head for Catwoman, but I hope Joker has one, too.

So we basically get the Movie TMNT lair with a few of Batman's vehicles for $270. This isn't that impressive.

The only good thing is that you get the entire '66 Batman line with one purchase, but it's a huge price for a little footprint.

I do appreciate the dual-sided head for Catwoman, but I hope Joker has one, too.

Along with Catwoman, Joker and Riddler have duel sided faces. You have to look in the large pictures to see them however.

I'm going to buy it, but I've got to say they kind of skimped on the minifigures, especially for this price point. I mean Ewok Village got way more than that and it cost less. It's not like there's a lack of 66 characters. Mr. Freeze should have been included in it rather than being separate. Batgirl of course. At that price even Aunt Harriet should have been included.

The set truly impresses me, but the minifigure lineup for that price point really disappoints. They could have at least put more effort into the minifigures they did include. I'm sure once I build this in person I'll be over it.

Edited by strangely

LEGO really needs to get their renders in order, because recently, their D2Cs have had bizzare color issues. While I do like the extra bits included, I think it's incredibly weak that they didn't include a proper area to display the cabinets and equipment, forcing you to have them loose on the table or to build your own extension. Riddler looks appropriately simple, but at the same time, looks like a much older figure due to it. Joker's smile is a bit too wide, and much more malicious than I remember him looking. I don't mind, though. Penguin looks really nice with the entirely black suit; it's amazing how much the purple hat and the pants change the look of the figure. I do appreciate the dual-sided head for Catwoman, but I hope Joker has one, too.

I noticed this too with the recent announcements. The colors are whack

Joker has a 2nd face with a :o face.

Figs are awesome. Wallpaper is awesome, and I hope it will get re-used in many sets to come because I want a bunch of it. The bat mobile is awesome other than the windscreens. The other vehicles are pretty good. The office and lab look good too, but the many stickers bother me more here than in the GBHQ set.

I'm so conflicted about this set. Yes, I will get it, but I'm let down because only the right part of the set has any play features whatsoever, while the entrance and reactor do nothing. This seems like far too much padding. I understand that few action sequences were part of the cave, but surely some of the parts could have gone to a villain vehicle/gadget?

This set is more expensive than the Ewok Village. That set was packed with action features and several more figures.

Ooh it still is a bit all over the place but i like what i see. The figs (especially batman, robin and catwoman) look great. The computers and stuff are nicely done retrostyle. The vehicles and the office are great too. The only thing is that you'll have to moc it if you want it for display.

I'm so conflicted about this set. Yes, I will get it, but I'm let down because only the right part of the set has any play features whatsoever, while the entrance and reactor do nothing. This seems like far too much padding. I understand that few action sequences were part of the cave, but surely some of the parts could have gone to a villain vehicle/gadget?

This set is more expensive than the Ewok Village. That set was packed with action features and several more figures.

Exactly. There was like 20 figures in that set, which was packed with figures. This will probably appeal to little kids, and the moment they find out the big set they asked for for Christmas has barely anything to do in it they'll be devastated. I rather they just released a whole wave of 1966 sets, and released the Batcave as a £100 set, and you'd get the other vehicles in the other sets. Like a Batboat set for a Penguin Submarine, a Bat-copter set for The Joker, a Batmobile set for Riddler and Cat-Cycle thing with Bat-Cycle for Catwoman, and then have Alfred, Bruce, Dick, Aunt Harriet, Batman and Robin in the Batcave. Much better.

Aaaaand top shelf display spot goes to....

Although I think my wife will kill me if she found out I spent that much on a Batcave... -sigh- The Lego Group. Slowly causing divorces since 1932.

Seeing the HD pictures and the video has deffinlty made me want to get this even more! I love the minifigures and the Wayne Manor part is just awesome.

To be fair when compared to the Ewok Village, that was a 1990 piece set with 17 minifigs but with 5 ewoks, 4 stormtroopers and only a couple exclusive minifigs, while the 66 Batcave is 2526 pieces with 9 minifigs, all of which except the Penguin can be called exclusive. It's really not terribly priced for a licensed set, basically trading 8 generic minifigs for about 500 pieces.

I definitely agree that Batgirl and Mr. Freeze (in the set) should be included though. Would have made it perfect.

To be fair when compared to the Ewok Village, that was a 1990 piece set with 17 minifigs but with 5 ewoks, 4 stormtroopers and only a couple exclusive minifigs, while the 66 Batcave is 2526 pieces with 9 minifigs, all of which except the Penguin can be called exclusive. It's really not terribly priced for a licensed set, basically trading 8 generic minifigs for about 500 pieces.

I definitely agree that Batgirl and Mr. Freeze (in the set) should be included though. Would have made it perfect.

Penguin's sorta exclusive, since the hat's new, but yeah, he's mostly reused.

Hmmm, love the use of the Shakespeare hair piece in that statue. Robin, toddler, joker, and cat woman are amazing. Sadly, I won't be getting this set.

Hoping that was a typo, but still hilarious. Is that Baby Doll's partner in crime?

That wallpaper is brilliant! Best. Decoration. Ever!

Really like the Cat woman, Alfred, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne minifigures too.

I must admit that the use of the Penguin seemed a little poor but looking at the reference material it's only that the jacket doesn't normally fasten on the '66 version otherwise it's a pretty good likeness so I can live with that. All of the other figures look great and even if a couple of the faces are repeated they don't look like they're being shoehorned in so again, I'm fine with any reuse there (if they are indeed reused).

Overall I'm as excited as I was from seeing the prelim images, if not more, so It'll be a definite day one buy for me. Especially with getting to add Mr Freeze in to this set. If anything that really does highlight the glaringly obvious omission of Batgirl.

I'm actually pretty excited to see what we get for the DC Superhero Girls stuff. I mean, I'll probably wind up being disappointed, but in the mean time..! I just hope that Lego understands the minidoll criticism, or at least that if they do superhero minidolls the Internet will go apes*** (I can practically read the Mary Sue article now). I'm not crazy about all of the designs, but it's different enough for me to have some interest, and there's a lot of characters that wouldn't get much chance in a set any other way.

I think what's interesting is that people are expecting them to not be minidolls ... these sets will be aimed at young girls. Of course it's going to be mini-dolls because the mini-dolls seem to be doing well for them in the Friends and Elves lines. I understand hope spring eternal and all of that, and I would have rather seen minifigures, too, but this is one case where we have to be realistic.

Then again, I have no official news or pictures to go on, so I may be wrong, But I really don't think I am.