Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Im just going to keep the poly Bucky face and use the new body to avoid that situation

I'll be swapping Star-lord and Caps hair immediately and then they'll both be perfect. That new hairpiece just about matches the hair on Star-lords mask, so I just can't resist.

I can't quite tell if Scarlett Witch has a new face or not.

Edited by strangely

I'll be swapping Star-lord and Caps hair immediately and then they'll both be perfect. That new hairpiece just about matches the hair on Star-lords mask, so I just can't resist.

I can't quite tell if Scarlett Witch has a new face or not.

Nah, she still has the Supergirl head. Dang it Lego :hmpf_bad:

Nah, she still has the Supergirl head. Dang it Lego :hmpf_bad:

I'm beginning to wonder if Lego has a limit as to how many new heads they can produce. It seems like we're seeing a lot of re-uses. At times I don't mind it when it fits a character, but even then it wouldn't hurt to provide a new facial expression for them. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch certainly could have used a few more expressions.

Using the Chris Pratt head for a third time is really pretty lazy though. I could understand it for character's he actually played, but using it for Bucky is just lazy in the worst way (And it was already pretty lazy that they used it so many times for Chris Pratt without any variation).

There's not a limit on new heads specifically, but since there are overall limits on new elements introduced in each set, I think it makes sense to reuse existing face prints to free up room in the change budget for other prints that can't be as easily replicated with existing designs. Frankly I don't see any problem with reusing Star-Lord's face; it looks close enough to Bucky that I can't imagine a brand new print would look all that different anyway.

Frankly I don't see any problem with reusing Star-Lord's face; it looks close enough to Bucky that I can't imagine a brand new print would look all that different anyway.

I agree, I think it looks fantastic. I'm glad they chose this, smart move on their part.

Frankly I don't see any problem with reusing Star-Lord's face; it looks close enough to Bucky that I can't imagine a brand new print would look all that different anyway.

I would have no problem with it if it weren't for the fact that Star-lord and Bucky exist in the same universe...

Cap's new face and hair color is great! Iron man mk 46 looks so much better close up. Bucky has new arm printing, which is always nice. I was expecting them to reuse the promotional polybag's arm. I do like how it's a bit faded.

Edited by amazingbricks

Are they reusing the Age of Ultron Iron Man legs for the Civil War Bleeding Edge Suit or are they just really similar?

Cap's new face is welcome, and Iron Man looks better up close. I'm also pretty happy with the mold they've made for Falcon's wings.

Are they reusing the Age of Ultron Iron Man legs for the Civil War Bleeding Edge Suit or are they just really similar?

Looking at it again, they do have the same legs. Oh, and the mark 43 helmet is being reused...

I would have no problem with it if it weren't for the fact that Star-lord and Bucky exist in the same universe...

There's that, and I have NEVER seen the Winter Soldier smile. As in after he became WS. I'd rather use Loki face

There's that, and I have NEVER seen the Winter Soldier smile. As in after he became WS. I'd rather use Loki face

He smiles once in the Civil War trailer!

Absolutely LOVE the new Iron Man! Bucky is good, but I think the Winter Soldier polybag was better. And Falcon's wings, they look great! Finn's hair fits really well for him.

Edited by Winter Soldier

The new argos catalogue launches on Saturday so I'm hoping we'll get the new civil war and avengers sets in that. The sets look good although I'm not convinced on agent 13, she looks quite plain in all honesty. Giant man is a masterpiece however so that set is and insta-buy for me.

Thanks for linking J2G's new vid!

The Iron Man armor looks great and Bucky's new torso looks awesome too. I agree that this head suits him well.

It's too bad Cap doesn't get a new torso, since he does wear a different suit than in AoU, right? Or is this torso actually different, just not very clearly?

I mean, I know the design of his CW suit hasn't changed that much from the AoU-version, but still..

Anyhoo, I'll definitely be getting the Black Panther Pursuit-set. Awesome vehicles, great figures and I love that hair they used for Cap, even though it doesn't suit him, himself.

Speaking of which, aside from the model.. does anyone else think the tan color (used on Draco Malfoy and Luke Skywalker and such) is more proper for Cap's hair color than this color they keep using?

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Is it only me or did the new Airport battle set's images just deliver a MASSIVE spoiler for the movie? (no pun intended)

When do we get Daredevil figure using the Black panther head extension flipped around?

When do we get Daredevil figure using the Black panther head extension flipped around?

Wow yeah that could totally work. He could be in a spidey set this summer? I'm not sold on black panther at the moment. Are there closeups of him already?

That would be perfect.

They definitely went a little crazy with the silver but I will be glad to have a Black Panther in general. And it does match the movie.

Not that big of a fan of that Winter Soldier minifig :wacko: . The angry face and Torso on its own IMO is perfect, but the printed arm and smiley face are just ehh. Definitely gonna be replacing the legs with the polybag ones.