Cjd223

Prequel Trilogy UCS Sets

Well the lack of screen time didn't stop them from making the B-wing fighter a UCS set, and I personally off the top of my head can't even recall a singe scene in the OT when that ship was used with any distinction :/

Well the lack of screen time didn't stop them from making the B-wing fighter a UCS set, and I personally off the top of my head can't even recall a singe scene in the OT when that ship was used with any distinction :/

True, but it didn't seem like it sold well either.

So I found a temporary solution to the lack of PT UCS sets in my possession, which is to build one of Anio's. Now, there are two that I was looking at very specifically, the Venator and the Invisible Hand. So I went on bricklink and found the price (Without shipping) for each of these models. The Venator is a whopping $970, $720 without any magnets if a solution presented itself. On the other HAND (So punny), the Invisible Hand is $188, much cheaper, but much smaller. I do not know which one I want to complete, so if anyone here has some advice or cheap part solutions, that'd be great

A UCS set needs a wow factor - and it should be instantly recognisable.

Almost any non Star Wars fan will see a OT UCS set and know that it's from Star Wars (even if they don't know the name of the ship). You'd be hard pressed finding a PT ship that would be instantly recognisable to non-SW fans. Maybe Anakin's podracer. The only one really suitable is the Naboo Fighter, and no surprises... that is the one they've done.

You know, it is possible to disagree with you and still be serious...

So you seriously expect a 650 part UCS SW set to be sold at 35€/$ ?

So you seriously expect a 650 part UCS SW set to be sold at 35€/$ ?

No, that is not what I said. I said it was worth it to me at 1/3 the price, which was about €50 at the time (Euro was much weaker than it is now).

Sticker price for the set now is about €180 (1599 NOK) which I think is horrendously overpriced. Even at 50% off / €90 I'm not rushing out to buy another set.

If they make another UCS PT set, it has to be a good one. I think OT fans would still buy a PT set if it was good.

Thank you! Exactly what I've been trying to say. "Lego" fans will always appreciate a 'good' set, despite any ridiculous personal bias or prejudice for the source material.

I am sure that there are lego fans and collectors out there who, like me, appreciate the artistry and design of a model more than what it represents. I am more Sith than Jedi, but I will still buy 'good' sets representing the spacecraft of Rebel scum. . . :hmpf_bad: . . . :wink:

I think the opposite - many people dislike the PT and doesn't want sets from it. Even then, there's the people that think the PT is okay but might not wanna cough up the big money for a UCS PT set.

As far as the films are concerned, I think the OT is superior, but I am a huge Lego PT fan. I just like the designs a lot. Say what you want about the PT, the design department did an excellent job with the costumes, the vehicles etc.

I am pretty sure a memorable vehicle from the PT would sell well. Not as well as the Falcon, but certainly in the TIE-Fighter range... :sceptic:

I think a Republic Gunship could work out. Its entry was stunning (even if in a bad movie...), it transported clone troopers and Jedi, both of which are iconic, and it presented a wholly new type of vehicle in the SW-universe.

The Droid Control Ship... I don't know. It has a nice design and would look great as an UCS model, but would people buy it? I doubt it, although cannot exactly put my finger on why it would not sell well. I know I would not buy it. I'd rather have the Naboo Starfighter, but without chrome parts it just feels wrong.

Case in point (and at the risk of repeating myself), I would be willing to part with around $400 for a 3500 piece Venator destroyer if the design was anything like some of the MOCs out there. As much as I dislike the PT, I really like that ship, and I hope it's on their list.

If they make another UCS PT set, it has to be a good one. I think OT fans would still buy a PT set if it was good.

I think this is true also. I think even people that dislike the PT can still like the design of the ships. I really like the UCS Obi-Wan starfighter I just put together!

I personally would love to have PT UCS sets, especially the Republic Gunship!

While I agree with you here- I think the system scale gunships have all been pretty sweet already!