Sign in to follow this  
Dunkleosteus

[LDD MOC] Ignis Fatuus - 14 gun schooner

She looks very nice. The curvature of the hull is wonderful yet again. The rigging looks pretty good as well. Despite their place in history we don't see many good Lego schooners, although TLG's misnaming of the classic SES might have something to do with that. It's just too bad she sunk so soon after completion!

I added pictures to your post. You will usually get more responses when the photos are posted right in your topic. :wink:

Captain Dee is right. Schooners were very popular for long time. The U.S. and pirates used them a lot. The gun ports look fantastic. I would think this vessel is an early 17th century vessel when they favored large captain's cabins and ornate gun ports.

great work, as always =) i especially like the colour scheme of the hill, this use of the flat 1x2 bricks look realy good!

A fantastic ship. I'm impressed by the sails most of all. I bought the Imperial Flagship 10210 and she has paper sails which isn't good at all for a LEGO set. Keep on building! Every battleship or a pirates' ship needs another vessel for fighting and then an island to hide treasures.

She looks very nice. The curvature of the hull is wonderful yet again. The rigging looks pretty good as well. Despite their place in history we don't see many good Lego schooners, although TLG's misnaming of the classic SES might have something to do with that. It's just too bad she sunk so soon after completion!

Glad that you like her :)

I added pictures to your post. You will usually get more responses when the photos are posted right in your topic. :wink:

Captain Dee is right. Schooners were very popular for long time. The U.S. and pirates used them a lot. The gun ports look fantastic. I would think this vessel is an early 17th century vessel when they favored large captain's cabins and ornate gun ports.

Thank you!

When I was a kid, for a long time thought that square sails rule, while gaff sails are not serious. But when I've got a chance to get on board of a captain's gig, I've changed (and perhaps lost for a while pirate_classic.gif ) my mind. This thing is freakin' fast.

Looks great!

Very fine creation of yours - once more!

great work, as always =) i especially like the colour scheme of the hill, this use of the flat 1x2 bricks look realy good!

Thanks)

A fantastic ship. I'm impressed by the sails most of all. I bought the Imperial Flagship 10210 and she has paper sails which isn't good at all for a LEGO set. Keep on building! Every battleship or a pirates' ship needs another vessel for fighting and then an island to hide treasures.

Thank you.

Well, at the moment I have 25 ships, so maybe it's a time to end this pirate_wink.gif

The numbers always interest me. Twenty-five is a lot for one person, but considering the tens of thousands of vessels at sea during the golden age of sail, it really isn't that big a number. Of course, everyone is bound to tire of shipbuilding at some point, and you've certainly made your mark! Perhaps you have other things you'd like to build... Whatever the case, I'm sure it will be impressive.