Yes, actually, here. I don't think the chassis will be very exciting, but I'll try make a "Jedi Build" video of it later this year. I was hoping to film it better this or next week, but with a red alert for heat wave and me no liking hot air at all, will have to postpone quite a bit. Once I'm done with the filming, I'll take it a part and record that. So it'll be at least a couple of months :innocent:

I don't see why you called this a Technic horror at all, it makes me smile :thumbup:

I might make a chassis version with 2-4 L motors (far more affordable for me and better battery life). The sideways stability is impressive.This thing needs driven hard, with a lockable diff.

You should get a couple bags of sand and make a video :tongue: after reading this: http://www.prerunnermaniac.com/prerunners/prerunner-tech/item/351-pro2-vs-trophy-truck-what-makes-them-different/351-pro2-vs-trophy-truck-what-makes-them-different.html

What's a Jedi build?

I don't see why you called this a Technic horror at all, it makes me smile :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind comment :classic:

Because I posted this after seeing rm8’s Double Trouble. At that time I felt "meh, why should I post this now?", frustrated trying to get some decent recording of such an unmaneuverable vehicle.

But you guys are a great bunch, and always welcome even failed projects, so I took some photos a posted before giving time to frustration to pile up. I'm glad I didn't keep it all to myself in the end.

I might make a chassis version with 2-4 L motors (far more affordable for me and better battery life). The sideways stability is impressive.This thing needs driven hard, with a lockable diff.

I hope to get my 4th L motor with the 42043 in January, then maybe I'll try something like that. I'm not sure it'll fit in the scale for these tyres, but anything bigger will be too heavy.

This one is already around 1150 g. and it's probably too heave for 2 L motors to drive any fast.

The sideways stability is probably a result of keeping proportions to scale with the original vehicle, except width, which is 2 studs wider than it should be.

You should get a couple bags of sand and make a video :tongue: after reading this: http://www.prerunner...-different.html

Luckily for me, rm8 already explain what happens to steering portals after doing that, and I won't do that to my precious ones from 8070.

I used them in the hopes they would make steering more precise, but with the SBrick latency issues it's all worth peanuts.

What's a Jedi build?

Build using the Force like

:tongue:

Finally, I’m done. It took a while, that’s what “soon” means when you’ve got small children 0:)

I’ve updated the initial post with the final video and a few notes.

Can a moderator please replace [WIP] with [MOC] in this thread’s title? I hope you don’t mind the bump here, I don’t see how this update would deserve a new topic.

I intend to record a Jedi Build of this too, and post it on rebrickable.com ... eventually, hopefully this year :)

Edited by miguev

This thing is fun to drive, but steering will require 95% focus, sometimes you don't have time to react to trees that come too close, or if you look at the car while driving it, your hands will slip away from the controls and you can't steer anymore...

But it's definitely FUN to drive! :laugh: Especially down stairs :grin: Thanks miguev for letting me be a driver!

Very funny video! Suspension is working great :thumbup:

I saw the stick fo GoPro at time 5:00+ . Is it help to stabilize the video?

Could you give the link to this Gopro accessory?

I saw the stick fo GoPro at time 5:00+ . Is it help to stabilize the video?

Could you give the link to this Gopro accessory?

I was also curious as to what was used. After a bit of searching I could gather that it's a two piece extension arm connected to a curved helmet cam extension. Neither of these help to stabilize it by the looks of it. For that a gimbal would be necessary.

I was also curious as to what was used. After a bit of searching I could gather that it's a two piece extension arm connected to a curved helmet cam extension. Neither of these help to stabilize it by the looks of it. For that a gimbal would be necessary.

Exactly, I used a Gimbal. The on-board camera footage is from the same day that I did not use the Gimbal, because I didn't yet know how to attach it to the extension pole.

The footage from that unstabilized pole was mostly useless, so what you see was recorded with a Feiyu G3 Ultra 3-Axis Gimbal attached to a GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod.

Attachment was made in a pretty ugly "Apollo 13 mailbox" approach, in lack of proper accessories.

...what you see was recorded with a Feiyu G3 Ultra 3-Axis Gimbal.

Now that you mention it, the shots look exceptionally smoothly filmed! I specially like to be slow motion sections where the suspension is visible in action. I'm surprised that there wouldn't be a threaded hole at the end of the gimbal.

Looking forward to more videos of your MOCs!

I'm sorry to resurrect this thread, but I was wondering if anyone had the instructions for this. I couldn't find them anywhere, and the video description pointed me to a non-existant rebrickable page. 

Cheers!

Letsbuild