Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

1 hour ago, Lordhelmet said:

Which bun did you use for Toryn Farr?  I wanted to update her as well (the hair they picked is way off).  (also the vulture print for Tarkin is really good)

It looks like the Padme hair (13251) piece.

Who's the Hoth rebel on the left supposed to be? The guy from Cheers or another character?

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

It looks like the Padme hair (13251) piece.

Who's the Hoth rebel on the left supposed to be? The guy from Cheers or another character?

I think he is supposed to be Major Derlin/the guy from cheers

4 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

General Madine with boots and RotJ Luke's hair:

VQIMS3w.jpeg

Awesome!!!

On 2/23/2024 at 11:48 AM, Graupensuppe said:

VQIMS3w.jpeg

Great idea using the Luke hair.  I just picked one up off of Pick a Brick and was going to use it on a Luke but now I will have a tough decision (or just buy another one).

On a related note, does anyone have any suggestions for updating Mon Mothma from this set?    (also lego needs to release the characters from this set to get some updated face prints).

On 2/23/2024 at 5:48 PM, Graupensuppe said:

Oh yes, he looks great! :thumbup:

On 2/23/2024 at 10:48 AM, Graupensuppe said:

VQIMS3w.jpeg

The hairpiece works so much better for Madine than for the character it was created for. I believe we still have not achieved a good post-ESB Luke hairpiece or decent Luke faceprints. 

Not an Update / Mod in the classical sense, but maybe it is interesting for some.

Today i figbashed some EU Characters which I think came out pretty decent.
From left to right they are supposed to be: Jan Ors, Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade

53631298472_f753277d9f_h.jpgEU - Jedi Knight - Dark Forces by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Jan Ors has a Hoth Luke Torso, Kyle Katarn uses a Qui Gon Head and a Kanaan Torso. His legs are from the collectible minifigures adventurers guy i think. Mara Jades torso is a greedo one, with switched arms. I unfortunately don´t know where the legs originate from.

Posted (edited)

For a while now, I've wanted to make my own modern version of Jedi Bob. I've seen other interpretations of the figure online, but none of them were quite what I was looking for. I thought that Dark Brown would look better and more modern with Naare's torso. I also used the modern hood piece instead of the classic one, and an Episode IV Obi-Wan Kenobi head. 

53636699165_4c4bb75a42_c.jpg

53635355852_daa87644ec_c.jpg

Edited by JaCor653

On 4/6/2024 at 7:42 PM, JaCor653 said:

For a while now, I've wanted to make my own modern version of Jedi Bob. I've seen other interpretations of the figure online, but none of them were quite what I was looking for. I thought that Dark Brown would look better and more modern with Naare's torso. I also used the modern hood piece instead of the classic one, and an Episode IV Obi-Wan Kenobi head. 

Sweet! :sweet: :thumbup: It's a very appealing contrast, indeed.

I think the neon green saber (we got some recently with Ninjago) would give him extra pop, too. If you have one, I'd love to see how that looks.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Sweet! :sweet: :thumbup: It's a very appealing contrast, indeed.

I think the neon green saber (we got some recently with Ninjago) would give him extra pop, too. If you have one, I'd love to see how that looks.

Well, the other thing I wanted to was make it look like a minifigure that would be released in a set today. Other modern Star Wars minifigures use the Trans-Bright Green for the lightsaber blade, so that's why I used it in my minifigure.

Edited by JaCor653

On 4/5/2024 at 10:14 AM, Eki1210 said:

Not an Update / Mod in the classical sense, but maybe it is interesting for some.

Jan Ors has a Hoth Luke Torso, Kyle Katarn uses a Qui Gon Head and a Kanaan Torso. His legs are from the collectible minifigures adventurers guy i think. Mara Jades torso is a greedo one, with switched arms. I unfortunately don´t know where the legs originate from.

These look great. I'm working on a version of this trio myself and having trouble finding the right head for Kyle Katarn; I don't have a Qui-Gon and other options are Captain America and Aragorn which are both $$$. Luke's torso works very well for Jan, don't know how you got the goggles to stay on her hair piece though!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, JaCor653 said:

Well, the other thing I wanted to was make it look like a minifigure that would be released in a set today. Other modern Star Wars minifigures use the Trans-Bright Green for the lightsaber blade, so that's why I used it in my minifigure.

No, I got that. Just curious to see what it looks like with the different color (if you had one). No big deal. Still, really well done.

53642011714_dbf0158ecd_k.jpgThe Clone Wars (Updated) by Kordel Pender, on Flickr

Wanted to make realistic versions of the old Clone Wars figures. All of them have their original torsos, and assorted tweaks.

Though I've since reverted them back to original form (for nostalgia), I still wanted to share.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

On 4/4/2024 at 7:14 PM, Eki1210 said:

53631298472_f753277d9f_h.jpgEU - Jedi Knight - Dark Forces by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Great job on these.  This actually made me think about how Lego could do a mara jade.  I alway's pictured Mara Jade with the black outfit and cape with purple lightsaber (from the Decipher CCG game and some of the book covers).  I see how she is also instantly recognizable with the jacket/blaster holster look too though.  Great job.

12 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

These look great. I'm working on a version of this trio myself and having trouble finding the right head for Kyle Katarn; I don't have a Qui-Gon and other options are Captain America and Aragorn which are both $$$. Luke's torso works very well for Jan, don't know how you got the goggles to stay on her hair piece though!

Thank You!
Unfortunately the googles are just brute forced onto the hair piece. You can see how it bends frontwards between the "lenses".

1 hour ago, Lordhelmet said:

Great job on these.  This actually made me think about how Lego could do a mara jade.  I alway's pictured Mara Jade with the black outfit and cape with purple lightsaber (from the Decipher CCG game and some of the book covers).  I see how she is also instantly recognizable with the jacket/blaster holster look too though.  Great job.

You are not the only one picturing her this way. I´m currently awaiting a bricklink order to put something like the version you imagine together.
When i´m done i will post a pic with what i came up with :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Eki1210 said:

Thank You!
Unfortunately the googles are just brute forced onto the hair piece. You can see how it bends frontwards between the "lenses".

You are not the only one picturing her this way. I´m currently awaiting a bricklink order to put something like the version you imagine together.
When i´m done i will post a pic with what i came up with :thumbup:

Awesome, I am curious which parts you would use for that version.  I was thinking after seeing your pictures earlier about something like the following but not sure if the hair would cover up the rank insignia on the pic.  

Torso (would need light nougat arms) Item No: 973pb0424

This hair? Item No: 95225

Legs? Item No: 970c00pb0284

I think that could work if the hair covers the rank insignia on the torso (not sure it would sufficiently).  Add a purple or tan cape and the purple lightsaber.  I might ned to do some brick link orders.  I will definitely keep an eye out for your next post :) before I do though.  

2 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I think that could work if the hair covers the rank insignia on the torso (not sure it would sufficiently).  Add a purple or tan cape and the purple lightsaber.  I might ned to do some brick link orders.  I will definitely keep an eye out for your next post :) before I do though.  

I don't have time to find them at the moment, but I believe there are near-identical torsos that don't have the rank insignia in case the hair doesn't cover it. Try black-suited Catwomens or maybe some of the newer black widows.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't have time to find them at the moment, but I believe there are near-identical torsos that don't have the rank insignia in case the hair doesn't cover it. Try black-suited Catwomens or maybe some of the newer black widows.

I just ordered the third sister torso to build a Mara.  I ordered the third sister torso, light nouget arms, old Luke’s brown cape, the imperial trooper black pants, the dark red hair from the lion princess, and a purple blade. Hoping that turns out pretty good.  I also saw Jynn erso legs that could work well but wanted to keep it to two bricklink orders so I went with the imperial trooper legs.

22 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Regarding Kyle's head i've seen most customs use young Jor-El face (also expensive), or I'd propose my solution, although I'm always on the lookout for a better torso than the old 90s adventurers I'm using at the moment

13 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

I alway's pictured Mara Jade with the black outfit and cape with purple lightsaber (from the Decipher CCG game and some of the book covers).  I see how she is also instantly recognizable with the jacket/blaster holster look too though.  Great job.

I'd seen this piece recommended for Mara's torso; I just got one and along with plain black legs it works perfectly.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

Regarding Kyle's head i've seen most customs use young Jor-El face (also expensive), or I'd propose my solution, although I'm always on the lookout for a better torso than the old 90s adventurers I'm using at the moment

I want to try Han's carbonite torso for Kyle. It's not exact but is the closest I can see for the loose white shirt appearance he has in Dark Forces 2 cutscenes.

6 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I'd seen this piece recommended for Mara's torso; I just got one and along with plain black legs it works perfectly.

Wow, this Looks almost Perfect. I might have to alter my Mara Figure before it is Even complete 😅

I went with a Black Widow Torso, will Post a Pic later today.

So, here she is:

53645757275_163012557f_z.jpgMara Jade - Emperors Hand by Henrik S, auf Flickr

The torso used is a Black Widow one.

Light Side and Dark Side Mara in Comparison:

53644425332_91ecb54a78_z.jpgMara Jade - Light and Dark by Henrik S, auf Flickr

Also, Kyle has an opponent now, Boc Aseca:

53645636919_a3edc5f688_z.jpgDark Forces 2 - Boc Aseca by Henrik S, auf Flickr

53645757285_fa85fd1f9e_z.jpgKyle vs Boc by Henrik S, auf Flickr

The Head used on Boc is from Bib Fortuna (Bobas throne Room version). At the moment he´s sporting Kylo Rens Robes.

Posted (edited)

inspired by @Eki1210 Here is my mara jade emperors hand.  (Just got the brick link parts in today, it is the imperial trooper legs, third sister torso, Luke cape, and some red hair).  Would love any thoughts on better hair parts or face prints as she cannot look forward with this hair and it does not quite fit.  Couldn't find anything reasonably priced though that did fit.  I also like the Jan erso legs with the knee pads as a different option.

Edit: This version is inspired by the the Decipher CCG card (and not the Akira alternate where she was at Jabba's palace)

IMG_0271.jpg

Edited by Lordhelmet

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

inspired by @Eki1210 Here is my mara jade emperors hand.  (Just got the brick link parts in today, it is the imperial trooper legs, third sister torso, Luke cape, and some red hair).  Would love any thoughts on better hair parts or face prints as she cannot look forward with this hair and it does not quite fit.  Couldn't find anything reasonably priced though that did fit.  I also like the Jan erso legs with the knee pads as a different option.

I actually like the Paisley hair (and use it on my MJ), right color, decent style. I've...come to accept that she's got one eye covered at all times :laugh:. Currently, I feel it's the best we've got. I certainly see how it could be better, but like I said, I used it on my Mara Jade and I'm happy with it.

But really solid custom though :thumbup:. Other than the above ponytail, or Mia's hair in dark red, we're really short on hair options.

For faces, I use Chell's head on mine.

Edited by ARC2149Nova