Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

Forgive me if this has been done before, but I recently made a Willrow Hood using The LEGO Batman Movie's Arkham Asylum jumpsuit. He's even complete with an R2-D2 body as the "ice-cream maker".

2hyjdlj.jpg

7 minutes ago, npgcole said:

Forgive me if this has been done before, but I recently made a Willrow Hood using The LEGO Batman Movie's Arkham Asylum jumpsuit. He's even complete with an R2-D2 body as the "ice-cream maker".

I love it!

49 minutes ago, npgcole said:

This is so good. 

1 hour ago, npgcole said:

Cool, A character I totally forgot about. Maybe it's time to rematch the movies again, not seen them since I started to collect SW-lego

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Cool, A character I totally forgot about. Maybe it's time to rematch the movies again, not seen them since I started to collect SW-lego

It's a background character from Episode 5 in Bespin.

13 minutes ago, Franklinw1234 said:

It's a background character from Episode 5 in Bespin.

Yeah, I checked him out on wookiepedia, but without these side characters, there ain much minifies customization going on. 

I found one very hilarious right now, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kal'Falnl_C'ndros, a character and a whole story created on just showing two legs in ANH

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Yeah, I checked him out on wookiepedia, but without these side characters, there ain much minifies customization going on. 

I found one very hilarious right now, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kal'Falnl_C'ndros, a character and a whole story created on just showing two legs in ANH

Ha! That's hilarious.

I'm sure there's a Prince of Persia torso that would be a decent way of creating her.

On 20-7-2017 at 3:20 AM, Sneakguest said:

Found this one, also Bespin related: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tian_Chyler 

I cannot manage to find any other Bespin related characters, not made by lego. Any other that come to mind? Humans or not does not matter...

Treva Horme and Wiorkettle

Treva_Wiork.jpg

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

6 hours ago, NivlacSupreme said:

Anybody done Juno Eclipse?

I just bought one. Wondering if she'd look better with a different head and the new officer hat.

Yup, a few pages back I submitted mine:

New style officer's hat, March Harriet head, Summer Vacation Batman arms (with logos erased), black hands, Imperial gunner legs. So basically, everything replaced except the torso haha.

34354591493_a07e1a9f3e_c.jpg36007915312_3884e43a8b_b.jpg

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

I dunno - I'm not quite sold on that head. Definitely better than the scary one on the original minifigure, but the expression and the beauty mark don't really fit. I do like the legs and arms.

1 hour ago, DarthHank said:

I dunno - I'm not quite sold on that head. Definitely better than the scary one on the original minifigure, but the expression and the beauty mark don't really fit. I do like the legs and arms.

That's fair enough. However for me, unless it's someone like the Emperor or Vader who have specific heads and as long as they demonstrate a unique characteristic if there is one (like Yularen's white moustache), then I'm not personally that fussed by mood or expression on a minifigure. I simply go for what's the most aesthetically pleasing to me, there's loads of flesh-coloured female heads that I think look hideous, but I like that one, it's cute and feminine (well, you know, in a minifigure way) and that's the only thing I need to be satisfied with the end result. I doubt Saw Gererra ever smiled as much as he does on the figure I made, but the beard works perfectly (ticking the aforementioned unique characteristic box) and I like him so I'm happy.

Lego's cheeky, so I don't mind characters looking cheeky too. The body and clothing makes her Juno, the face makes her a cute little figure :classic:

Likewise we have around 3 Ten Numbs, all of which had their heads replaced with human heads I thought looked better and had good character. All for the simple fact that I don't care for Ten Numb's face. Sorry Ten. Love you guys in the movies though! I'd happily lose a real character who's ugly to gain a nameless extra who's looking sharp.

Aside from Krennic, Yularen and Tarkin, all our other imperial officers are just made-up from heads I simply liked best (and when we got tan-uniformed Tarkin with the A-Wing set, off came his head). I even bought an unofficial Thrawn (not paying that kinda money for the real thing) just to get the torso. Stuck Dr Strange's head on there, with some swept black hair, real lego arms, real lego hands and the gourmet chef's legs to match our Yularen and Krennic. Who is he? No idea.

He's just "Grand Admiral Man" :grin:

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Been looking forward to this date due to the release of the ninjago cmfs as I've spied a few useful pieces in amongst them. In particular I was after the "Flashback Garmadon" due to not one pair but 2 pairs of dual molded arms. In fact I'm more pleased with the outcome than I thought I'd be. Check out new Ahsoka and Sabine. I feel like the colours are perfect for Ahsokas skin and Sabines armour. The bottom half of Ahsokas arms should be DBG but I'm happy with the black. 

Sabine and AhsokaSabine and AhsokaSabine and AhsokaSabine and Ahsoka

Finally I know this hair doesn't match anything from the show, but like a lot of others, it's my preferred hair piece for her. 

Sabine and Ahsoka

Garmadons legs and hair also look like they'll come in useful at some point! Also some othet useful pieces to be had across the range but I was fed up with feeling the packets. 

Edited by Richpepperell

thx 4 posting, I didn't find Garmy even though I searched for 1 hour :sceptic:
Will for sure use the arms for Sabine, they even look good on Snips!
Could u also post pics with different hands?

Funny how the SW line profits most from the CMF

On 5/25/2017 at 6:41 PM, DarthHank said:

Why doesn't TLG just print a visor-down and a visor-up face for OT X-Wing pilots? Really the visors are supposed to move, so it seems like if they don't want to apply the TFA mold to OT pilots, they could at least take advantage of it by giving better alternate faces.

Sorry if I'm late to the game, but they did once, sort of:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1132&idColor=90#T=S&C=90&O={"color":90}

Of course, it's cringeworthy as Luke's face, but I suppose it could work for older light-skinned pilots.

As far as new OT helmets, I think we may be in luck (or exasperation, if you have been collecting them for the past 18 years).  Look at the pictures for the minifigs for the TLJ Resistance Bomber.  The Bombardier has the old-style helmet (probably so that there can be an alternate face with an oxygen mask), but the other two pilots appear to have a new helmet design with dual-molded visor.  I could be wrong, but they certainly look OT-ish to me.  I don't think they're the TFA helmets, and they're certainly not the bizarre (but beautiful) U-Wing helmet from the Microfighter.

On another minifigure-related note, it would appear that, if TLG decides to keep the old 1999 OT helmet mold, the printing is going to improve drastically.  Take a look at the full side-printing on the pilot from the Y-Wing Microfighter, and on the Resistance Bombardier.  I think that's the standard we're looking at from 2017-beyond.  The reason the UCS Snowspeeder helmets didn't have full side-printing is probably because the set was designed, and originally primed for release, either last year or the year before, can't remember which.

Looking good but expensive on the Rebel pilot front!  :classic:

Sorry for such a long post, but these are my favorite minifigures of all time, so...:laugh:

Still investigating the opportunities of the new Ninjago Cmfs and today picked up the rocker with his dual molded black and white legs. 35493813093_32dcbfab3f_b.jpg

These looked go for updating a long neglected minifigure - the biker scout. 

Scout trooper

I'd already updated the figure with arms from the mad scientist. 

Scout trooper

As you'll notice, the main issue with the legs was the additional printing that needed to be removed. The printing here seemed be particularly resistant to removal. My usual technique of simply using a rubber had absoutely Zero Effect. As such i had total resort to some chemicals which obviously have damaged the surface of the plastic slightly. I'm therefore treating this as a "proof of concept" version. Although you do lose the pocket printing from the original legs, I think white boots outweighs this. 

Scout trooper

4 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Still investigating the opportunities of the new Ninjago Cmfs and today picked up the rocker with his dual molded black and white legs. 

These looked go for updating a long neglected minifigure - the biker scout. 

I'd already updated the figure with arms from the mad scientist. 

As you'll notice, the main issue with the legs was the additional printing that needed to be removed. The printing here seemed be particularly resistant to removal. My usual technique of simply using a rubber had absoutely Zero Effect. As such i had total resort to some chemicals which obviously have damaged the surface of the plastic slightly. I'm therefore treating this as a "proof of concept" version. Although you do lose the pocket printing from the original legs, I think white boots outweighs this. 

Can I suggest taping over the print you want to keep and then using a q-tip and nail varnish to remove the rest. I've had a lot of success with this method. Out of interest what did you use that damaged the plastic so much?

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote Pictures

2 minutes ago, Sarg_Kulo said:

Can I suggest taping over the print you want to keep and then using a q-tip and nail varnish to remove the rest. I've had a lot of success with this method. Out of interest what did you use that damaged the plastic so much?

It was nail varnish remover and a q-tip (or cotton bud as we call them in the uk!)

The printing was a lot harder to shift and the nail varnish remover seemed to eat straight into the plastic. I've never seen it like it before. As I say, I'm just this one as a prototype and will try different methods next time. Maybe the nail varnish needs to be diluted a bit.

On 02/08/2017 at 6:06 AM, RogueTwo said:

Look at the pictures for the minifigs for the TLJ Resistance Bomber.  The Bombardier has the old-style helmet (probably so that there can be an alternate face with an oxygen mask), but the other two pilots appear to have a new helmet design with dual-molded visor.  I could be wrong, but they certainly look OT-ish to me.  I don't think they're the TFA helmets, and they're certainly not the bizarre (but beautiful) U-Wing helmet from the Microfighter.

Looking at the pics, I think those are the TFA helmets, they're a lot smoother than OT designs were (excluding the U-Wing helmet!) It's a shame the bombardier shows the original OT helmet hasn't been updated this year either :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

The printing was a lot harder to shift and the nail varnish remover seemed to eat straight into the plastic. I've never seen it like it before.

I seem to remember hearing that CMFs (and book figs, polybag figs etc) are outsourced to other factories, possibly using a lower quality of plastic ? Can anyone back that up?

That looks good for the scout trooper though ! I keep wanting to get a few and mod them like this, but I'm holding out for a new helmet mold at... some point :cry_happy:

The Ninjago Collectible figures are a great source for nice parts :classic:

I used Lloyds hair on Luke. Not perfect, but I like it :wink:

ipo2r.jpg