VintageLegoEra

Shooting and Non-Shooting Cannons...What you Have!?

What you Have   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Lego 6285/10040, Black Seas Barracuda

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  2. 2. Lego 6286, Skull's Eye Schooner

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  3. 3. Lego 6274, Caribean Clipper

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  4. 4. Lego 6271, Imperial Flagship

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  5. 5. Lego 6289/6290 Red Beard Runner

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  6. 6. Lego 6268, Renegade Runner

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  7. 7. Lego 6250, Cross Bone Clipper

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters
  8. 8. Lego 6291, Armada Flagship

• Shooting Cannon
    • Non-Shooting Cannon
    • Both
    • Dont Own The Set
    • Disabled Shooters

22 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

we ask people to refrain from bumping topics that haven't been commented on in the past few years like this one, the last comment being 7 years ago. 

Huh? What's wrong with bumping (old) topics?
When is a topic too old to 'bump' (learned a new expression in English.)

Isn't it useful to combine topics? To have one thread for a certain topic instead of mutiple?

3 hours ago, CvS said:

Huh? What's wrong with bumping (old) topics?
When is a topic too old to 'bump' (learned a new expression in English.)

Isn't it useful to combine topics? To have one thread for a certain topic instead of mutiple?

I guess it doesn't hurt to bump one or two topics, but when the question asked is pretty much already answered, it doesn't provide much room for discussion.

As for when is the discussion too old to bump, I'm no expert but would say if it's more than 1-2 years old and not a recurring topic like a WIP then perhaps it is best not to bump it. 

And yes it is helpful to combine topics, so perhaps I was a little presumptuous to assume this I'm no veteran I have only been here since June :pir_laugh2: 

9 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

I guess it doesn't hurt to bump one or two topics, but when the question asked is pretty much already answered, it doesn't provide much room for discussion.

As for when is the discussion too old to bump, I'm no expert but would say if it's more than 1-2 years old and not a recurring topic like a WIP then perhaps it is best not to bump it. 

And yes it is helpful to combine topics, so perhaps I was a little presumptuous to assume this I'm no veteran I have only been here since June :pir_laugh2: 

OK, cheers and agree :pir-sweet:
I've only been here since march ;)

4 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I didn't know non-shooting cannons existed, until I joined Eurobricks.

One of the main reasons I loved the Pirates theme as a kid was the shooting cannons!

Hehe yes. As kids we would line up our minifigs and then try to shoot them with the cannons. The battle was won when you knocked down all "enemy" minfigs :cannon:

21 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Hehe yes. As kids we would line up our minifigs and then try to shoot them with the cannons. The battle was won when you knocked down all "enemy" minfigs :cannon:

It took 'balls to get them all!

Posted (edited)

I might be in the minority here, but I prefer the non shooting cannons. For one, living in America, that's what we got. I didn't even know they made shooting cannons until years later. 

Even though I grew up without this play feature, that's not why I prefer non shooting cannons. As an adult, I don't actually shoot ANY of my cannons anymore, so that play feature doesn't appeal to me. What DOES appeal to me is the nice molded engraving that is on the non shooting cannons. They look NICE. That's why I prefer them, I treasure my non shooting cannons, lol. 

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I'm from Europe and got my Pirate first set in 1990. Up to the end of my Dark Ages i also didn't know of the non Shooting Cannons. As for what i prefer..... First Answer, the Cannons i can get without paying too much ^^ My Second Answer, as a Adult i have to agree with Captain Pirate Man. Third Answer, As a proud Uncle i prefer usable Cannons :pir-triumph:

As a European kid, it was a mystery to me that the pirate poster I had was showing a beautiful canon, one that I had never seen with nice sculptures on it. The mystery waited until I looked out as an adult.

I didn't play too much with the shooting function, I feared of losing the canon ball, but it was a nice feature for a kid.

I used the cannons sometimes back in the day, but now , even with obtaining new cannons and many forms of other stud/bolt shooters since coming back to LEGO in 2016, I don't shoot any of them.

In fact, I don't even have ammo loaded in them , even while they might look better on display (especially the 6-shooter with neon studs can look nice).

As for favorite shooter style , I think I like the disc shooters the most, and the ball shooters the least. (Nexo Knights had pretty much every shooter type in the arsenal, except of course Pirate cannons and the later Spring loaded larger bolt that didn't exist)

Edited by TeriXeri

None of mine ever shot. I wasn't even aware that there were shooting ones until I was an adult. 

Didn't matter either way, I preferred my pirates to slice each other to pieces with their cutlasses. Their heads would dangle hang from the hull of the Skull's Eye Schooner as a warning, not to cross the wrathful Captain Roger Moore Redbeard...and his custom monkey with four hook hands.