I tried to do a practical motion blur. I only photoshopped out the clear support. But the motionn blur is all in camera.

img3689b.jpg

Here is the original.

bikesupport.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

I love those ambush shots Solscud! Though Rex is missing his pauldron in the first two images. And the motion blur effect on the background only of the biker scout shots looks really good.

I love those ambush shots Solscud! Though Rex is missing his pauldron in the first two images. And the motion blur effect on the background only of the biker scout shots looks really good.

I have two Rexes and didnt feel like swapping weapons.

I love the ambush shot soloscud! I love that the colours of the battle droids and the clones are really vibrant. I do like the tint on the image it gives it a nice glow. The environment is perfectly sized and the minifigs don't look out of place at all. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

The BD on the far right looks like he saw a spider. :laugh:

Only complaint I have is that there should be at least 2 or 3 more droids or one of them should have been a commander or have some type difference to it.

Stunning pics from everyone here.

The BD on the far right looks like he saw a spider. :laugh:

Only complaint I have is that there should be at least 2 or 3 more droids or one of them should have been a commander or have some type difference to it.

Stunning pics from everyone here.

Yeah. I dont have that many Battle Droids. I do have some Super Battle droids. But balancing those figures on that terrain is a lot more difficult than it looks. I probably spent 3 minutes trying to balance those droids alone. I would get some set up and then the next one falls over and I have to start all over. It was like setting up dominos.

Yeah. I dont have that many Battle Droids. I do have some Super Battle droids. But balancing those figures on that terrain is a lot more difficult than it looks. I probably spent 3 minutes trying to balance those droids alone. I would get some set up and then the next one falls over and I have to start all over. It was like setting up dominos.

Your pic is awesome, nonetheless. The big problem is really the lack of posability of the Battle Droids in general. Thats something only Lego can fix.

Your pic is awesome, nonetheless. The big problem is really the lack of posability of the Battle Droids in general. Thats something only Lego can fix.

Yeah there isnt much you can do with them.

Nice ambush. I guess whoever toss a thermo detonater over first wins. :classic:

I think they are all made by the same person....

Yes, most of the time there is an Avanaut watermark on the pics. I don't know if he made the other pictures too.

All shots are awesome, but they're all the same style, snow or sand. I miss fenris and Shobrick-shots ;)

Here's a short selection by different photographers who didn't hesitate to borrow their kids' toys bring their dream to life.

Oh seriously... 'Borrow their kid's toys'… :hmpf_bad:

Well it's no surprise; Avanut's work with snow and sand is arguably the very best out there. (and he is a member of EB, just not an active one)

Well it's no surprise; Avanut's work with snow and sand is arguably the very best out there. (and he is a member of EB, just not an active one)

Those were really impressive snow shots. The frosted Chewie was good, but I like the ski jump snow trooper best.

Sure. I love Avanaut's snow-shots, they're terrific. But there's more than snow shots out there :wink:

A new one. I don't know if you received a Boba keychain when they were no more ARFs left online on May 4th in your country - well, in Germany we did. Fortunately I got both of them :laugh:

5726609629_ab65b34b68_z.jpg

The Replacement

Aand here the article on the BaneBlog.

Edited by Bane

What is the sky in the bkg? Is it blue paper with a light shining and reflecting off the paper as the sun?

A new one. I don't know if you received a Boba keychain when they were no more ARFs left online on May 4th in your country - well, in Germany we did. Fortunately I got both of them :laugh:

*Snip*

That's a very nice shot Bane. So sharp and crisp with some very nice lighting.

You've got nice depth of field and good, sharp colors, but I think that the plants don't really scale well realistically. That's smokebelch's bonsai tree works so well; it's the perfect size to look like a realistic tree next to minifigures. Keep playing around with different plants and I'm sure you'll come up with something lovely.

You've got nice depth of field and good, sharp colors, but I think that the plants don't really scale well realistically. That's smokebelch's bonsai tree works so well; it's the perfect size to look like a realistic tree next to minifigures. Keep playing around with different plants and I'm sure you'll come up with something lovely.

Thanks for the advice, Clone O'Patra.

Photography is a passion of mine. I've taken pics of my LEGO stuff before, but this is the first time I've done an 'artistic' one. For the most part, I spend time photographing things outside. This was just a wee experiment.

And, besides, since when are things in Star Wars totally realistic? :laugh:

But, yes, you're right.

Thanks again for the comments :classic:

Quick new Scout Trooper shot- relaxing after a hard days Trooping!

3424092645_5808f486ef_b.jpg

Sorry for commenting on something so old, Smokebelch, but I couldn't resist. :classic:

The moss works beautifully with the scene. I've tried bonsai's before, but they've died. Then again, they were cheap ones from Lowe's. :tongue:

GREAT work!

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus