Another one. Got out the new tripod and the long lens. Wow I wish I had this tripod a while back! (another Christmas present)

5313929341_10d988b32b_z.jpg

The swing.

Great shots everyone. I decided to do a few more today: some indoor shots, aswell as some outdoor shots.

First outdoor shots without snow, and thus the forest and nature look - the snow's gone for now...

Enjoy! :classic:

Gleaming Darkside

5315989146_e5bfbf6608.jpg

Gleaming Darkside by General Magma, on Flickr

Grassfields of Endor

5315395693_1089ac89e6.jpg

Grassfields of Endor by General Magma, on Flickr

AT-ST Hunting

5315990552_f29bc2566f.jpg

AT-ST Hunting by General Magma, on Flickr

Ewok Glider Above the Woods

5315990832_2a1d167e66.jpg

Ewok Glider Above the Woods by General Magma, on Flickr

The main thing that I wanted for this one was an ewok glider in the air, with the picture focusing on the ground below.

Rebel Sniper

5315989538_2e6c89d25e.jpg

Rebel Sniper by General Magma, on Flickr

This one is one of those "shiny" shots again: the picture didn't look too good without it, so let's just say the sunlight is shining upon him.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

The Gleaming Darkside is the best I've seen from you Gen. Magma! Very effective overhead lighting producing nice reflections off Chrome Vader. Great shot! :thumbup:

good to see this thread full of new posts! some really great stuff... took a hike in the snowy austrian mountains and had some figs with me (but unfortunately a lack of time. could have spend hours taking shots in this setup...)

RR-TT

Rebel-Reconnaissance-Taun-Taun. It's a hard, cold job patrolling the mountains of Hoth...

5315860886_2c2b565153.jpg

RR-TT by legofenris, on Flickr

Takin a ride with my best friend...

5316780530_4c7e51f2ec.jpg

I'm taking a ride... by legofenris, on Flickr

Edited by fenris

Love Gleaming Darkside, General Magma. It must have hard to get that shot.

I also like your first shot, Fenris. Loving all these snow pictures, I missed my chance when we had over 7 inches a couple weeks ago. :hmpf_bad:

I really love the second Taun Taun shot Fenris. Its a really hard shot to pull off to get a figure on a distant landscape shot and give the correct sense of scale but you pulled it off. Amazing!

I think this is my favourite Taun-Taun shot of all time :thumbup:

I agree. Instant Classic. :thumbup: I first saw this in the EB SW flickr page and fell in love with it that very moment. :wub:

I think this is my favourite Taun-Taun shot of all time :thumbup:

Sure it's a really nice work... :thumbup:

Went back to page 1 of this thread looking for ideas and tried out smokebelch's paper and iphone trick. Happy for a 10 minute try out (a bit dark though) but definitely will play a lot more when I'm not fighting a flat battery!

Still sticking with the 10188 shots tho :)

5323401063_329b2cc060_z.jpg

Luke, Han and Chewie.

Edited by distortme

Does the iPod Touch have a camera as well?

And what's so fantastic about an iPhone compared to a regular digital camera?

Does the iPod Touch have a camera as well?

And what's so fantastic about an iPhone compared to a regular digital camera?

1. The newest iPod Touch has a camera.

2. The only thing that's fantastic about the iPhone is not the camera but the beautiful light the display offers:

"Then had a bit of a ureka moment!- you prob wont believe it but i actually use my I-pod touch to light pretty much all my indoor shots. Remembered there was a torch application you could download for it which just gives out a nice adjustable and clean light." (I quoted smokebelch, click here to read the whole post).

Great shots everybody, I especially like your "walk the sunny side" shot, fenris! :thumbup:

Edited by Emperor

Great shot Fenris. Is it shopped? If not where is this taken? Gorgeous un interupted scenery.

Plus 1 on the iPhone flashlight/torch app. Im a flashaholic (collect flashlights) and the iphone is not terribly bright but if you can take long exposure, it is much faster than setting up diffused lighting or tents.

All you really need is a sheet of paper and the iphone/ipad.

hmm dunno if there is an ipad app but you could use it for larger MOCs or kits.

Wonderful work as always fenris, I can't wait to see more shots from you(and smokebelch, if he can find the time to take pictures).

Lord Embo