darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

3 hours ago, Renown said:

The ~$120 Slave I due to be released in 2019, I have devised the following for its minifigures. 

Boba's Slave I: Boba Fett, Zuckuss, Admiral Piett, Imperial Crewman [grey boilersuit]. 

Jango's Slave I: Jango Fett, Young Boba, Taun We, Clone Trooper [Phase I helmet with training fatigues rather than armour]

a zuckuss would single handedly salvage the entire year. and imperial officers are always welcome.

9 hours ago, Renown said:

The ~$120 Slave I due to be released in 2019, I have devised the following for its minifigures. 

Boba's Slave I: Boba Fett, Zuckuss, Admiral Piett, Imperial Crewman [grey boilersuit]. 

Jango's Slave I: Jango Fett, Young Boba, Taun We, Clone Trooper [Phase I helmet with training fatigues rather than armour]

Don't forget a Han in carbonite for Boba though

21 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Don't forget a Han in carbonite for Boba though

with new hair!!!!!

Have sat down and devised what my optimal choices would be for the 1HY wave, given it is the 20th anniversary, I am anticipating some fan service, but I've tried to keep it realistic. These would be my ideal, given what we know so far with regards to set numbers, price points and piece counts, as well as a few personal preferences.

75227 Resistance Bomber vs Dreadnought (Microfighter Dual Pack)

Includes: Finch Dallow and Captain Canady.

75231 501st Legion Troopers (Battle Pack)

Includes: ARC Trooper Echo, ARC Trooper Fives, 501st Airborne Trooper [Phase II] and 501st Legion Clone Trooper [Phase II].

75232 Mos Eisley Patrons (Battle Pack)

Includes: Ponda Baba, Dr Evazan, Hammerhead and Snaggletooth. 

75238 Escape from The Beast's Pit (Small Playset)

Includes: Chewbacca [Mimban], Imperial Swamptrooper (breathing mask and goggles) and Mimban Stormtrooper (ammo pouch/bandolier across torso).

75239 Jabba's Droid Dungeon (Small Playset)

Includes: C-3PO (green goo on face), R2-D2, Gamorrean Guard, EV-9D9 and 8D8.

75240 Imperial TIE Interceptor (Villain Medium Ship Set - May 4th)

Includes: Moff Jerjerrod, Imperial TIE Pilot and Death Star Trooper.

75241 Defence of Hoth (Large Playset)

Includes: Hoth Rebel Trooper (x3 - various facial expressions) and Imperial Snowtrooper.

75242 Resistance A-Wing Fighter (Hero Small Ship Set)

Includes: C'ai Threnalli, A-Wing Pilot (Ronith Blario) and Resistance Officer (Captain Geno Namit).

75243 Boba Fett's Slave I (Large Ship Set)

Includes: Boba Fett [Empire Strikes Back], Zuckuss, Bespin Wing Guard (Sergeant Edian) and Ugnaught (new variant).

75258 Senate Chamber Duel (Small Playset - 20th Anniversary)

Includes: Master Yoda, Emperor Palpatine and Clone Shocktrooper [Phase II] (x2).

75259 Coruscant Airspeeder Chase (Small Ship Set - 20th Anniversary)

Includes: Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala (Coruscant bedroom outfit) and Zam Wessell.

75260 Snowspeeder (Small Ship Set - 20th Anniversary)

Includes: Snowspeeder Pilot (plain red helmet insignia), Snowspeeder Pilot (plain blue helmet insignia) and Hoth Ground Technician.

75261 Ewok Tree Attack (Small Playset - 20th Anniversary)

Includes: Leektar, Stemzee, Imperial Officer (plain black uniform) and Imperial Stormtrooper (new helmet mould).

75262 Speeder Bike Chase (Small Playset - 20th Anniversary)

Includes: Luke Skywalker (Endor), Princess Leia (Endor) and Imperial Biker Scout (new helmet mould) (x2). 

Thoughts?

Edited by Renown

Some great choices. Its been a while since we've had Endor sets and both the TIE Interceptor and Mos Eisley Battlepack would be instant buys. A new EV-9D9 would be great if she had a unique molded torso/head piece like 2-1B and K-2SO.

I do think it would be a missed opportunity not including Bail Organa (with his speeder) and Mas Amedda in a Senate Dual set though, even if it meant pushing the price up for something closer to Snoke's Throne Room/Death Star Final Dual.

I also think if Padme were included in a Bounty Hunter Pursuit set it should be based on the Senator/Loyalist Committee costume from the pre-chase scenes in her apartment and Palpatine's Office (and later the Clone Wars show). It might not be scene accurate, but that didn't stop Queen Amidala coming with the Gungan Sub and a proper senator version would be much more desirable than a plain nightgown. She wouldn't need any new molds either since the existing high bun hairpiece would work perfectly fine:

27186.png

9 minutes ago, wesker said:

Some great choices. Its been a while since we've had Endor sets and both the TIE Interceptor and Mos Eisley Battlepack would be instant buys. A new EV-9D9 would be great if she had a unique molded torso/head piece like 2-1B and K-2SO.

I do think it would be a missed opportunity not including Bail Organa (with his speeder) and Mas Amedda in a Senate Dual set though, even if it meant pushing the price up for something closer to Snoke's Throne Room/Death Star Final Dual.

I also think if Padme were included in a Bounty Hunter Pursuit set it should be based on the Senator/Loyalist Committee costume from the pre-chase scenes in her apartment and Palpatine's Office (and later the Clone Wars show). It might not be scene accurate, but that didn't stop Queen Amidala coming with the Gungan Sub and a proper senator version would be much more desirable than a plain nightgown. She wouldn't need any new molds either since the existing high bun hairpiece would work perfectly fine:

27186.png

Many thanks for your input. I am desperate for some Endor-themed sets, purely for the possibility of getting a new scout trooper helmet.

I do agree with regards to Bail Organa and Mas Amedda, but just not too sure about their feasibility for this sort of price range; it would be pretty monumental getting them in the same set. Stranger things have happened, though. Part of me, to some extent at least, would like updated P2 shocktroopers more than them, purely for the army building potential. I wonder which of the two options are more likely to drive up sales of the set, and also, where else would we be able to acquire the shocktroopers? I can only really think of a remake of Palpatine's shuttle from the end of Revenge of The Sith. Were it to be a higher price point, though, I absolutely concur that Bail Organa and Mas Amedda would be better fitted to a set like this so that it could be more like Palpatine's office duel with respect to more desired minifigures finally being released. When I think about it, if the set is likely to be released at all, I think they'd probably actually make it a bigger set and include more sought after minifigures.

Funny you should say that about Padme. When I was trying to picture it in my head, it was the loyalist committee outfit I had in my head, I've got no idea why I wrote 'bedroom outfit' because, on second thought, I'm fairly certain she just wears a night garment. I really ought to rewatch AOTC, although not too sure I will be able to last that far into the film. :tongue:

Given the, on the whole, positive response to 75229, I wonder if Lego could pursue further renditions of iconic scenes from the Death Star. Three that immediately spring to mind would be the conference scene, the overbridge and the detention centre shootout. The conference could include Vader, Tarkin, Admiral Motti and a Death Star Trooper, all of which would be relevant to the set and make them more widely available as minifigures, although in terms of potential play features for a conference scene set I am not too sure. The overbridge could include Leia, Vader, Tarkin and Chief Bast, and the detention centre shootout could include Han in stormtrooper disguise, Leia, Lieutenant Childsen and/or a Stormtrooper. Just a few ideas I thought were worth putting out there, I think creating small playsets of iconic scenes such as those would be quite good and allow children who are perhaps priced out of 75159 to replicate some Death Star scenes in the form of much smaller and more affordable playsets.

With the redesign of the Rebel Fleet Trooper in the 4+ TIE Fighter set, I really want a remake of the Tantive IV. I consider it a pretty iconic ship from the films and it will have been 10 years since the last time it got released.

What are the odds of seeing a 501st battlepack in the next year or so? Literally all of the comments on LEGO’s last few Instagram posts are demanding one. 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

What are the odds of seeing a 501st battlepack in the next year or so? Literally all of the comments on LEGO’s last few Instagram posts are demanding one. 

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum would want one, and MandR productions recently made a rant video on how TLG should make one. You're abosultely right that we need one, but for some reason TLG just won't make it. I'd say the odds aren't high until the next CW TV shows comes out, with episodes specifically about the 501st, but otherwise I don't think it's happening.

Just to add on, but does anyone have any speculations for what the new CW TV show clones should look like? Would they look the same as the ones we've previously gottn for the past years, or will it be changed completely like the new stormtroopers? Would you prefer the older style or an updated style? 

I hope the next years large fall set is a master builder series set again, but it feels like I'm a minority here who like big location playlets over a UCS vehicle. 

Preferably jedi temple, the coruscant senate, geonosian arena or the rebel Yavin base. At least the later two have a change to show up sooner or later if the star wars brand for lego continue a decade or two. 

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I hope the next years large fall set is a master builder series set again, but it feels like I'm a minority here who like big location playlets over a UCS vehicle. 

Preferably jedi temple, the coruscant senate, geonosian arena or the rebel Yavin base. At least the later two have a change to show up sooner or later if the star wars brand for lego continue a decade or two. 

Honestly I think the temple and Yavin are unlikely, but I'm not sure about the geonosian arena. We already have the senate though :laugh:

Image result for lego palpatine 9526

I really wish for a 501st battle pack, with an AT RT

18 hours ago, Reaper said:

Honestly I think the temple and Yavin are unlikely, but I'm not sure about the geonosian arena. We already have the senate though :laugh:

I really wish for a 501st battle pack, with an AT RT

You mean the Palatines office set? Hehe, well it's probably the closest we will get, but yeah not really the real deal

7 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

But you are still not the only one. :classic:

Hehe, no of course not, but not too many AFOLs are fans of larger playsets on the expense of visual appealing UCSs. 

19 hours ago, Reaper said:

I would love to see Lego do that as an April Fool's prank- announce a set called "UCS Galactic Senate" accompanied by an image of a life-sized bust of Palpatine! :rofl:

Does anyone else on here watch star wars Resistance? The Pirate Flagship from the newest episode (Doza's Dillemma) Would make an amazing lego set

Droid Battlepack - x3 battle droids, x2 super battle droids , magnaguard. Stap & carrier. 

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - Includes clone scout trooper, Wookiee warrior, x2 camo battledroids  

Endor Bunker -  Stormtrooper x2 , Imperial trooper x2, Scout trooper, Han, Leia, Paploo , rebel trooper. Bunker & speeder bike.

Duel on Mustafar - Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padme, Wat Tambor, security droid, shock trooper

Dryden Vos First Light Ship - Dryden Vos,  Hylobon Enforcer (with helmet,) Aurodia Ventafoli, Luleo Primoc, Lando Calrissian (gambling outfit near end of movie,) L3-37

Republic Gunship -Clone pilot x2, clone, captain Rex, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano,

Seeing the Clone Scout Walker set for the 20th anniversary has really got me wanting more prequel sets... 

I think waves similar to 2011-2014 should be done once the movies are complete. 

TPM

Aat £34.99 w/STAP

Padme(Purple), 2x Battle Droid 

Naboo Royal Starship £59.99 

Obi-Wan, Queen Amidala, Captain Paneka, R2-D2, 2x Astro Droid 

Mos Espa Podrace 84.99 w/Booth + Stand 

Anakin, Sebulba, Shmi, Watto, Fodesinbeed Annodue, 2x Pit Droid 

Republic Cruiser £99.99 

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Maoi Makador, Antidar Williams, TC-14 

Trade Federation Landing Craft £129.99 w/Kaadu

Droid Pilot, Droid commander, 8x battle droid, Jar-Jar, Captain Tarpals 

AOTC 

Bounty Hunter Pursuit £34.99 

Obi-Wan, Anakin, Zam Wessell 

Count Dooku’s Solar Sailor £39.99 

Count Dooku, FA-4, Poggle the Lesser 

Jango Fett’s Slave One £99.99 

Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Lama Sue 

AT-TE Walker £89.99 

Kit Fisto, Pablo-Jill, Clone Pilot, Clone Gunner, Winged Geonosian, Droideka 

SPHA-T 

Yoda, Mace Windu, Sora Bulq, Clone(Yellow), 2x Clone Trooper

Republic Gunship £129.99 

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, Clone(Red), Clone(Blue), Clone Pilot, 2x Super battle Droid 

ROTS 

Clone Scout Walker SAME as 2019 but AT-RT driver 

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid £24.99 

2x Battle Droid, Wookie Warrior 

General Greivous Wheel Bike £24.99 

General Greivous, Obi-Wan, Boga 

Seperatist Shuttle £39.99 

San Hill, Wat Tambor, Tion Medon, Security Droid 

Arc-170 Starfighter £59.99 

Plo Koon, Captain Jag, Clone Pilot 

Republic UT-AT £79.99 w/Tri Droid

Ki-adi Mundi, Commander Bacara, Galactic Marine, 2 x battle droid 

Invisible Hand £129.99 

Greivous, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, 2 Magnaguards, Droid Pilot, Security Droid, Neimodian Pilot, R2-D2 

After the microfighter set with the Dewback, surely we'll get a Bantha with a Tusken Raider. If it was to be a double pack, then put it with a micro Landspeeder with Obi Wan or Luke. I'd really like to see a moulded bantha and a return of the moulded dewback too if there was to be a battle pack or something.

Edited by Little Brix

75244 Ultimate Collectors Series Tantive IV (1HY UCS)

Includes: Princess Leia Organa (A New Hope), Captain Raymus Antilles, Rebel Fleet Trooper (x2), C-3PO and R2-D2.

75252 Ultimate Collectors Series Imperial Star Destroyer (2HY UCS)

Includes: Darth Vader, Commander Praji, Commander Daine Jir, Imperial Crewman (x2) and Imperial Stormtrooper (x2).

75253 The Raddus (August exclusive)

Includes: General Leia Organa (Raddus), Admiral Gial Ackbar (The Last Jedi), Commander Larma D'Acy, Nien Nunb, Resistance Bridge Guard and PZ-4CO.

75260 Speeder Bikes (20th Anniversary exclusive)

Includes: Luke Skywalker (Endor), Princess Leia Organa (Endor) and Imperial Biker Scout (x2).

75227 AT-ST vs Ewok Catapult Microfighter Dual Pack

Includes: Imperial AT-ST Pilot and Keoulkeech.

75231 Detention Centre Rescue (exclusive)

Includes: Han Solo (Stormtrooper), Chewbacca and Lieutenant Childsen.

75232 Jabba's Droid Dungeon (exclusive)

Includes: C-3PO (green goo on face), Gamorrean Guard, EV-9D9 and 8D8.

75246 Resistance Lifeboat (exclusive)

Includes: Luke Skywalker (Crait), General Leia Organa (Crait), Lieutenant Connix and Pamich Nerro Goode.

On 2/9/2019 at 4:31 PM, Renown said:

Includes: Princess Leia Organa (A New Hope), Captain Raymus Antilles, Rebel Fleet Trooper (x2), C-3PO and R2-D2.

Includes: Darth Vader, Commander Praji, Commander Daine Jir, Imperial Crewman (x2) and Imperial Stormtrooper (x2).

Includes: General Leia Organa (Raddus), Admiral Gial Ackbar (The Last Jedi), Commander Larma D'Acy, Nien Nunb, Resistance Bridge Guard and PZ-4CO.

Includes: Luke Skywalker (Endor), Princess Leia Organa (Endor) and Imperial Biker Scout (x2).

Includes: Luke Skywalker (Crait), General Leia Organa (Crait), Lieutenant Connix and Pamich Nerro Goode.

Great ideas! 

Tantive IV and The Raddus need releasing! 

Would love more Endor sets especially with that new Scout Trooper.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, Renown said:

Are these your ideas or did you just leak some sets? Cause it looks a lot more like leak.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Are these your ideas or did you just leak some sets? Cause it looks a lot more like leak.

We all wish. It’s his ideas. 

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

As above, just a wish list. I like to try and assign set numbers to try and fit them into potential allocations. :wink: