Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Week 2 Guerrilla Challenges

Week 2 Guerrilla Challenges

The following challenges have been made. Anyone may counter these Guerrilla Attacks, but remember each builder can only build one counter build each week, so pick wisely.

If the challenger wins, they will earn 4 additional points.

Each counter is worth 4 points.

Voting will happen after the deadline. The winning side either retains the zone or captures the zone.

NEW: If no one counters the challenger’s MOC, then the zone turns over to the challenger’s side, and they only earn 2 points.

Counter builds should have a title with this tag in it: [CG: location, your faction vs the guerrilla's faction]

IE: [CG:J13, U vs DK],

Due Date: Mar 15th, anywhere in the world.

Zone: J13

Challenger: LordDan

What Faction can counter: Ulandus

Zone: F13

Challenger: Kai NRG

What Faction can counter: Desert King

Zone: H6

Challenger: Garmadon

What Faction can counter: High Council

from the Rules thread:

Counter actors should make it known that they plan on countering a guerrilla in their territory so that there are only a few people working on a counter (that way your team can counter multiple threats).

Is this topic where we would do so? Does it even matter this week, since there is only one possible option for each faction?

I don't think it makes a difference this week, but I guess the coordination would happen in the individual PMs, but from what I have heard, only HC doesn't have one? (I don't have the power to make them)

Hey Ska, quick question(s) - Is there a limit on the size of a guerrilla/counter attack? Also, when countering a guerrilla attack, do you have to counter the actual people/figures who carried out the attack, or can it be a counter against the general enemy side in that territory?

Hey Ska, quick question(s) - Is there a limit on the size of a guerrilla/counter attack? Also, when countering a guerrilla attack, do you have to counter the actual people/figures who carried out the attack, or can it be a counter against the general enemy side in that territory?

Hi Hammerhand - Ska said elsewhere that the counter guerilla builds should stay within the size of the guerilla build being countered, but I don't think there is any limit on the size of the guerilla build.

As to your second question, it is my understanding that it should counter the effect of the guerilla attack and somewhat mirror the build, but the minifigs do not need to be the same.

I am sure Ska will clear this up for us, though.

I don't think it makes a difference this week, but I guess the coordination would happen in the individual PMs, but from what I have heard, only HC doesn't have one? (I don't have the power to make them)

C'm on guys, you're the biggest team and you don't have your own PM thread? Someone's just sitting around.... :poke:

This week though, the HC doesn't have to worry. There's only one guerrilla for you to respond to.

Just do the best you can to (cleverly) undo/revenge yourself upon whatever the build you're countering is (some things of course are more difficult to undo than others!). The size is dictated by the build you're countering, give or take a few studs.

To clarify, the counter builds are supposed to mirror the original guerrilla attack in some way, and they are limited to the same size (roughly) of the original build. If Kai attacks the HC with a build destroying a grain silo, the builds from the countering HC should show that grain silo in ruins being fixed, being cleared, maybe new people bringing grain to the people that relied on that silo in front of the ruined silo, just something that has to do with the original build.

Do I have it right that counters do not get their own thread? I'm assuming that's the case, and that we're supposed to post in the guerrilla topic and link here. If so, here's a link to my counter of Lord Dan's attack on J13.

That was the original intention, but we made a naming scheme for counter builds, so maybe we should give them their own thread? I guess we see how well this works out first.

Shouldn't each build have their own thread in general? But I would recommend that a link to the build being countered is included in the first post of the counter's thread, and probably also post the counter in the guerrilla build's thread.

Edited by Gideon

Shouldn't each build have their own thread in general? But I would recommend that a link to the build being countered is included in the first post of the counter's thread, and probably also post the counter in the guerrilla build's thread.

hmmm. Yes, this probably makes the most sense. Let's go with that, Kai, just repost your build as its own thread with a link back to Lord Dan's thread.

hmmm. Yes, this probably makes the most sense. Let's go with that, Kai, just repost your build as its own thread with a link back to Lord Dan's thread.

Okay then, here's the new thread!