With all the innovative features and techniques it sounds like this model is going to be a revolution in LEGO supercars.

It definitely is, IMO. Like I said above, the bar for supercar MOCs has been raised spectacularly.

Edited by jantjeuh

It definitely is, IMO. Like I said above, the bar for supercar MOCs has been raised spectacularly.

Sounds like the second coming of the vamp gt. Especially as far as new innovations go with the gearbox, suspension, and other things. Plus it has gullwing doors :laugh: The Predator has the same kind of gearbox layout as the phantasm right? I think I read that somewhere here.

I am even more excited to build this now. :cry_sad:

Sounds like the second coming of the vamp gt. Especially as far as new innovations go with the gearbox, suspension, and other things. Plus it has gullwing doors :laugh: The Predator has the same kind of gearbox layout as the phantasm right? I think I read that somewhere here.

I am even more excited to build this now. :cry_sad:

Yes, it uses a similar gear layout and shifting pattern... This layout produces much more realistic gear ratios and works much smoother than the older style gearboxes...

I feel privileged that an idea of mine managed to squeak it's way into this bar-raising Supercar... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope that someday I can learn to build something of this high quality... :classic:

I admire how humble of a builder you are Paul even with your immense skills :classic: .

After hearing all these praises for this car I suddenly want to build it too. Would love to see a video of the gearbox working. Is the model about 2000 pieces?

I admire how humble of a builder you are Paul even with your immense skills :classic: .

After hearing all these praises for this car I suddenly want to build it too. Would love to see a video of the gearbox working. Is the model about 2000 pieces?

Part count is 1,797

I just like to show my respect to those who I feel have paved the way and inspired me to get to the level that I am at... :thumbup:

If I had better lighting in my house, I could throw a quick video together of the shifting....It would probably be easier to show exactly what is happening without the body on though... Not to mention my camera has the video quality of a toaster...

I will review the model during april.

I also don't have a proper camera at the moment unfortunately :sceptic:

Also kind of hesitant to tear the model down :laugh: It's such a beauty.

Edited by jantjeuh

I've almost finished building this beauty, and I can already say that this is easily the best MOC I've ever built (and I've built a lot!). The car itself obviously looks amazing (the pictures don't do it justice, you have to see it in 'real life'), but more importantly the quality of its design is unbelievable.

P.S.: If TLG ever started a Technic UCS series, this car should be the first one in it. Brilliant work by Nathanaël, truly. Major kudos.

IMHO Nat Kuipers is the best lego designer of the universe. Not one of the best but simply the best! And this is not meant as devaluation of other very talented and admirable designers of MOCs or official models (e.g. Crowkiller, Han, Madoca, andrea Grazi, Jeroen Ottens, Uwe Wabra, Markus kossmann and some others) but it is meant as: Nat plays in its own league... I have build more or less all official technic sets and many of outstanding MOCs and of course most of nats models (a.o.: Official ones like 8674, c models like 42000 hot rod, combined c models like the ninja supercar and full MOCs like the Concept Car): this elegance of design, this purity and cleanliness in design and part usage is absolutely outstanding and unique. I am sure he is building with a fully thought out plan from first part on with clear and well thought design targets for each of his models. IMHO this is art. Even Not build the new predator i'm sure i will fully agree with your judgement above when i have built it. ;-)

TLG should hire again Nat Kuipers as freelancer or consultant and should give him the mandate and contract to design every two (or maybe five) years a real technic UCS model for men. Or at least such models at every senseful anniversary dates.... This could/would be a win-win for all...

I am awaiting eagerly the release of the BI of the predator

Edited by Kumbbl

Also kind of hesitant to tear the model down :laugh: It's such a beauty.

Does this mean you've built the model and instructions are already available?

Or are you one of the lucky few who get to enjoy an 'advance screening' ? :grin:

IMHO Nat Kuipers is the best lego designer of the universe. Not one of the best but simply the best! And this is not meant as devaluation of other very talented and admirable designers of MOCs or official models (e.g. Crowkiller, Han, Madoca, andrea Grazi, Jeroen Ottens, Uwe Wabra, Markus kossmann and some others) but it is meant as: Nat plays in its own league... I have build more or less all official technic sets and many of outstanding MOCs and of course most of nats models (a.o.: Official ones like 8674, c models like 42000 hot rod, combined c models like the ninja supercar and full MOCs like the Concept Car): this elegance of design, this purity and cleanliness in design and part usage is absolutely outstanding and unique. I am sure he is building with a fully thought out plan from first part on with clear and well thought design targets for each of his models. IMHO this is art. Even Not build the new predator i'm sure i will fully agree with your judgement above when i have built it. ;-)

TLG should hire again Nat Kuipers as freelancer or consultant and should give him the mandate and contract to design every two (or maybe five) years a real technic UCS model for men. Or at least such models at every senseful anniversary dates.... This could/would be a win-win for all...

I am awaiting eagerly the release of the BI of the predator

May they hear you in Billund...

Finished (click for full size):

800x392.jpg

Apologies for poor picture quality :) Like I said though, pictures don't do it justice! Is it weird to be in love with a MOC? :blush::laugh:

Finished (click for full size):

Apologies for poor picture quality :) Like I said though, pictures don't do it justice! Is it weird to be in love with a MOC? :blush::laugh:

You have your little flag thingies on the spoiler pointing in different directions... One has the angle in and the other out...

Yeah, I noticed that as well, I must have bumped the rear spoiler when setting it up to take a (shitty) picture with my iPad.

I really need to buy a decent camera plus a lightbox.

This was the only good pic that I got of my Predator the other day....

assassin455.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that as well, I must have bumped the rear spoiler when setting it up to take a (shitty) picture with my iPad.

I really need to buy a decent camera plus a lightbox.

No, I mean the angle of the flaps.. One is facing inwards and the other outwards... Or are my eyes just decieivng me..? :laugh:

Edited by Paul Boratko

Ah, now I see what you mean. No, they are both angled in the same direction, only the right one (seen from the rear) slightly points up because I bumped into it.

Edited by jantjeuh

I posted a pic last week on Facebook and Natahanel caught that I had the flags facing the wrong way... It seemed natural to have them angled inwards, but they were supposed to be angled outwards towards the back...

Ah, now I see what you mean. No, they are both angled in the same direction, only the right one (seen from the rear) slightly points up because I bumped into it.

Yeah, it was just an illusion because the one is facing down and the other is not..Gives the appearance that they are going different directions...

Edited by Paul Boratko

If all goes well, the instructions will be ready to buy today...

You better not be joking about this! :wink:

April 1st.... :laugh:

Looks like the Eurobricks staff is messing with us too I can't type A p r i l , j o k e , or p r a n k without getting my text changed

Edited by Rishab N

April 1st.... :laugh:

Looks like the Eurobricks staff is messing with us too I can't type A p r i l , j o k e , or p r a n k without getting my text changed

In fact, instructions can already be bought!