V()()D()()

Look what I just got - Report your latest Pirate LEGO acquisitions

I got the Carribean Clipper 6274 complet with instructions for 35€ in a shop here in Hamburg!!! I am so happy!

Great find! I wish I could find stuff like that here in the states. :blush:

Great find! I wish I could find stuff like that here in the states. :blush:

Yes, I've never found any Lego at all in a thrift store here.

The wife got me the QAR for Valentines day to go with my Black Pearl. This thing is bigger than I expected. It's now sitting in the middle of my desk until I can rework a shelf to hold it.

I got these 8 Minifigs off ebay for €6, the main ones I wanted were the three pirates, one with the Governor's Bicourne! :D

figs.png

This is the first brand new Lego set I've ever purchased for myself. All the rest of my Lego sets were given to me as gifts when I was a kid, and I'm not counting the couple of used sets I bought post dark ages. Just thought of that as I was drooling over the box.

5a44y0.jpg

This thing looks like a beauty, and I can't wait to build it. Finally my Black Seas Barracuda will have a worthy opponent!

While this is not technically a Pirate LEGO acquisition, I just got the hull from 4768 - yes, I mean the Harry Potter ship. Just the hull, nothing else. I think it might me a good challenge to try and use it in a Pirate MOC someday, and try to make it look good. :pir-classic: I know it's not particularly popular among Pirate fans but I'll try that anyway.

BTW welcome back. It's been a looooong time since my last visit. I've been doing a lot of things and didn't have much time for LEGO unfortunately. No dark ages or anything - just being busy with lots and lots of other activities. But I plan to find some time now that I'm back. :classic:

They were both in my "MUST BUY" list eheheh

Bought the "missing" cannons (Pearl has now 4 and Queen's has 8), and a Barbossa Minifig.

For now, i'me done with POC... unless the "Interceptor" will be releast... oe the "Dauntless" :)

1959744_715232958497309_2112199593_n.jpg

Those are really nice sets indeed pirate_classic.gif

However, please refrain from posting your sets in the future.

You're a new member so I won't make a big problem of this, but our forums are meant for MOCs or set discussions, not just for posting pictures of sets (unless you're making a review).

Therefore I'll close this topic.

But don't be discouraged to post on these forums. MOCs and fruitful discussions are always very welcome!pirate_satisfied.gif

Moyalmas, I'm sorry, I totally forgot we did have a thread for these kind of posts.

Mister Phes brought this to my attention so I merged it with your topic.

So although we rather not have seperate topics for this, the discussion about newly aqcuired sets is permitted here.

Again, I'm sorry for the harsh treatment. Even moderators make mistakes sometimes pirate_laugh2.gif

The Black Pearl... I still want that set but I've never come across it unfortunatly.

See what I've got pirate_devg1.gif .

dsc01440.jpg

A set of white hull parts!

I don't know yet what I'll do with them though, there are so many possibilities,

maybe I'll refit my frigate (Farore's Wind) with this white hull and increase its lenght a bit while I'm at it.

I know I said I was going to focus on costum hulls now but I just have to play with this lovely white hull first.

Who knows, I might design a costum stern piece for this hull pirate_classic.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

That's ok Admiral: no worries mate eheheheh

Sebeus I : go to BrickLink... you'll find some there for sale ;)

That's a nice start you have there: the problem is allways the same: what to do now????

That's what's some awesome with Lego eheheheh

See what I've got :pir-devil: .

A set of white hull parts!

I don't know yet what I'll do with them though, there are so many possibilities,

maybe I'll refit my frigate (Farore's Wind) with this white hull and increase its lenght a bit while I'm at it.

I know I said I was going to focus on costum hulls now but I just have to play with this lovely white hull first.

Who knows, I might design a costum stern piece for this hull :pir-classic: .

Please do! I love that ship, and these white hull pieces look splendid, as well as the dark blue. :pir-wub:

A month ago, I've got a Lagoon Lock-Up and I am looking to add more sets soon, probably from the 1989 line up. I don't have much, I got the Pirates Mini-Figures, Black Seas Barracuda and Skull Island. Now I need a good shelf for display when I get the Skull's Eye Schooner and other ships in the future.

The Black Seas Barracuda, finally in my possesion,

I wanted this set ever since I got into pirates, which was almost 9 years ago.

bsb2.jpg

It's a beautiful ship, truly the finest of them all, atleast in my opinion.

Apart from my Armada Flagship and a few tiny sets my pirate collection was entirely purchased via the second hands market,

There are still a few big ones on my wish list,

6278 Enchanted Island and 6276 Eldorado Fortress are yet to come in my possesion pirate_classic.gif .

It's time to update the "about me" page;

I was born in the same year LEGO released the Black Seas Barracuda, a set I want badly I finally own :cry_happy: .

Edited by Sebeus I

gratz sebeus, i also want this ship really badly, but it is so expensive. but hopefully someday i will also acquire it

Edited by LegoPanda

The Black Seas Barracuda for me too :) I'm new here - didn't have much Pirates stuff when I was young as that was my brothers theme (though I had trains, so not all bad!). However 6285 was the set I always looked at longingly in the catalogues and finally I managed to score a (relatively) cheap one on eBay. It was in a pretty bad condition - covered in dust and dirt, creased sails and missing pieces. I've spent the past week or so restoring her and, while still awaiting some final BrickLink orders (for one missing topsail and spar, other misc pieces) she looks so much better now!

Bit worried this might be the start of something...

F3A4EEE1-5D41-4A63-BB24-7FB25A31CD83.jpg

Two new BSBs in a few days' time! Congratulations to you two, this ship truely is a beauty and will never loose its charme pirate_wubnew.gif

'Tis what to worry about? This may be the start of an addiction to the best LEGO theme! pirate_laugh2.gif

Indeed, especially when the new Lego Pirates sets are released! pirate_laugh_new.gif

I added Lego set #6279, Skull Island, to my Pirates collection.

I'm not sure why I never got this set back in the 90s, as I have almost every other original Pirates set.

It is a nice sized set. Large enough, but not too large. The "rock" skull is great.

This set must have been toward the end of the classic pirates theme as the red row boat seats are interestingly colored yellow. At least interestingly colored to me as I'm used to grey seats and a few red seats on the Islander sets. If this is a later set, that could be why I never got it. Toward the mid 90s is when I stopped collecting Legos.

Here's what it looks like (I purchased it on eBay). All parts and instructions, no box:

6MM50k2.jpg

Here's a pic I took a few years ago showing my Pirates collection. Now I can add Skull Island to it:

pirates1.jpg

Here's a link to an old post about my collection:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45684

Not a huge fan of that particular set. I think the quality of their sets really deteriorated near the end of the theme... but that aside, your collection is amazing!